Start/Stop oddity

Wibbly

Reaction score
Anyone found that after auto start occurs the car doesn't produce the normal level of torque when pulling away and risks stalling when using otherwise normal levels of throttle?

1.4 petrol manual as per signature...

Different engine but can't say I've noticed that problem on my PFL S3. However if I think I might need more than a snail's pace I normally disable the auto stop/start so that the engine and running and I'm ready and waiting to go.

Never noticed a problem like this in my 1.0 tfsi.

Maybe worth getting checked out.

Not same engine but just to add that mine is a 1.6tdi & seems normal after start up.

Turn it off, problem solved. It's an awful feature it catches me out countless times at busy junctions. It just doesn't start the engine quickly enough and I suspect it does your engine more harm than good with constant stop start wear and tear.

Reactions: palla1978, h5djr, richinsoton and 3 others
Don't know if it's just my imagination, but the issue seems better in ECO drive mode (rather than Auto)...

Same engine in our manual Golf VII (1.4TSI 150PS ACT, in VW speak). Never experienced what you're finding, and I'm pretty attuned to what it's doing, so it sounds like a problem... Hope you get it resolved.

Now been to dealer, who claimed they did a software upgrade. I guess time will tell...

Reactions: Raul_sbd
Now been to dealer, who claimed they did a software upgrade. I guess time will tell...
Let us know how it feels... as i have the impression having the same thing as you had.. after many start stops my car seems to feel sluggish specially on 1rst gear..

Unfortunately, the whole issue seemed to have got very much better in the warmer weather anyway, Then there's the placebo effect :-(

Will certainly reply here if I decide it's basically as it was. I don't think there's any easy way to figure out what all the software versions are in the different systems to know really what (if anything!) they actually changed... All a leap of faith really...

Reactions: Raul_sbd