I think I have the tuning bug

raffhussain

Reaction score
Think I have the bug. Its all downhill now.

Thought I'd treat myself so ordered myself GFB DV+, Revo intake and Milltek Cat back. I went for the resonated one. Took me a few long hours of deciding which one I wanted. Can always change it if its too quiet but I think I will prefer something subtle then too loud. Will be looking to map it soon when I have some funds to do so.

Can't wait :)

Reactions: Cambaines
Nice, but I would have ordered the sports cat downpipe..as its the most restrictive part of the exhaust.

Nice, but I would have ordered the sports cat downpipe..as its the most restrictive part of the exhaust.

At the moment I'm thinking stage 1 is where I want to be. Don't know how long for though :) The car doesn't get driven much and this will give me more of an excuse to drive it.

At the moment I'm thinking stage 1 is where I want to be. Don't know how long for though :) The car doesn't get driven much and this will give me more of an excuse to drive it.

Yes...that's what I said.

You know where this might lead .....

You're not far off stsge 2+ lol.

Downpipe + hpfp.

This is true.

Might get mine back on the road sometime soon
That be excellent Alex. Is the work nearing completion now? You be needing some time off work to enjoy the car again. :) x

Reactions: S3Alex
That be excellent Alex. Is the work nearing completion now? You be needing some time off work to enjoy the car again. :) x

I wish....

I know how the hamster on a wheel feels right now...

Soon I hope.

I wish....

I know how the hamster on a wheel feels right now...

Soon I hope.
Can't wait to see it and read all about it Alex. Any idea when it be ready?

Can't wait to see it and read all about it Alex. Any idea when it be ready?

Storm are putting it back together this week and next.
Waiting on a couple of parts from VAG and the turbo from Owen Developments.

Reactions: S.
That's good, you be missing it Alex. Hopefully get it back very soon. :) x

Look forward to seeing it finished. Your build is something else.

Just ordered a TTS engine cover too.

Big thanks to @RedDejavu for giving a lick of paint before sending it out.

Reactions: Sandra, S3Alex and RedDejavu
Finally got the intake, DV+ and TTS cover fitted. Looks spot on. 1st impressions on the intake. Lower down the rev range it sounds like Darth Vader is chilling under the bonnet:) open up the throttle and put your foot down and it really does sound good. Felt a difference in throttle response which will be the DV+. Need to fit the exhaust this weekend and then get ready for a map :)
IMG 9887

Reactions: HHS3
Finally got my Milltek fitted. Weather hasn't been the best and been putting it off.

Sound wise I think I like it. Not loud but on boost sounds better than standard. Need to wait for a map now. Got my brothers wedding next month so all my savings going towards that.

It's easy to get carried away and the money mounts up quickly, annoying things we want cost so much.
Good start though..

Reactions: raffhussain and S3Alex
It's easy to get carried away and the money mounts up quickly, annoying things we want cost so much.
Good start though..

A slippery slope now. lol

I'm having a look at maps and fancy AMD but just to far to travel to. There is Unicorn and RTECH who are close by. If I was to go stage 1 would it be best to have the gearbox mapped to or could I leave that to another time?

Am same dilemma. Get the box done now or later. At unicorn its extra £350 :( haha

A slippery slope now. lol

I'm having a look at maps and fancy AMD but just to far to travel to. There is Unicorn and RTECH who are close by. If I was to go stage 1 would it be best to have the gearbox mapped to or could I leave that to another time?

Unicorn and R-Tech are also top tier tuners with great results from their custom remaps, so you might as well save yourself the trip. Whilst getting the DSG mapped is definitely beneficial and worth doing, as funds are tight then I'd recommend getting the ECU remapped for now and then get the DSG mapped later on.

Am same dilemma. Get the box done now or later. At unicorn its extra £350 :( haha

£350 ouch. But I have heard good things about the DSG map. I think I might save up and have them both done together. Will make it more fun on the drive home :) Will be going to Unicorn or RTECH no doubt about that. Will have to wait a little longer now as the DC5 needs to go in to TDI north for a map this weekend. Weather is getting better and need to have it ready for track days.

Unicorn and R-Tech are also top tier tuners with great results from their custom remaps, so you might as well save yourself the trip. Whilst getting the DSG mapped is definitely beneficial and worth doing, as funds are tight then I'd recommend getting the ECU remapped for now and then get the DSG mapped later on.

Couldn't agree more. Don't mind paying good money for top service.

Yeah ive decided on unicorn when the time comes