Revos new air box intake kit

Few pics in the light of day, definitely felt spritlier from 4k rpm and was incredibly quick to full boost .....

IMG 2533

IMG 2534

Reactions: pburv, RSS-S3 and batch
Those inlet pipe look bigger than the one i have and is it also made by samco?

Sent from my HTC 10

Reactions: Rob2k68
The temptation reminds me of this...

EDIT: Only the first 30secs please, just seen it's a bit sweary :openmouth:

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Those inlet pipe look bigger than the one i have and is it also made by samco?

Sent from my HTC 10

Yes I'd say with a high degree of confidence that it is again produced by Samco - it is indeed a larger diameter exitimg the air box so not interchangeable with any other intake solution - this will only work when pairing this Revo hose and air box lid together.

Reactions: pburv and Salik Sajid
IMG 1827
Right done... oh my god I had to wrestle it within an inch of its life to get that pipe on.. just doesn't line up perfectly ..

Also I remember hearing that the TT pipe is a little loose when fitted, did you find the revo to be a teenie bit wiggly at the turbo end.. I guess I'm just used to bolting something on and up!

Reactions: batch, pburv, Salik Sajid and 1 other person
View attachment 116972 Right done... oh my god I had to wrestle it within an inch of its life to get that pipe on.. just doesn't line up perfectly ..

Also I remember hearing that the TT pipe is a little loose when fitted, did you find the revo to be a teenie bit wiggly at the turbo end.. I guess I'm just used to bolting something on and up!

Looking good matey :friends:

Yep similar experience but I lost skin from the knuckles of my right hand too LoL.

Easier to attach the lid loosely then attach the pipe I found plus it gives extra room for the rearmost right fixing closest to the battery which is a pig to get in with the hose on.

Turbo end was also a big of a wiggle with the hose - the machined part has two 'o' rings on but does spin a bit more freely than expected (remember the OEM single 'o' ring is a little fatter) but seems secure. I found it easier to stand on my tool box and fasten the hose from the front of the car rather than from the side.

Been for a test drive yet ?? Definitely picks up quicker and more urgency in the mid range during my drive home.

Reactions: pburv, zippster and Salik Sajid
Looking good matey :friends:

Been for a test drive yet ?? Definitely picks up quicker and more urgency in the mid range during my drive home.

sorry for the delay rob, been a little hectic.. so today i put some petrol in the car (had <5miles since fitting) and went for a BLAT.. yup.. first impressions is that BOOOST builds quicker than CTS and Forge, and the induction note sounds a little more subtle but more growly (if you know what i mean) either way I've hit 2547 miles on the car now and its really starting to make the right noises. DSG farts sounds even louder to the point where they sound like 'Something' is going to fall out of the exhaust so overall happy.. had a chat with the revo man and without a tune there would probably be no benefit on buying the front section just yet.. so ill probably stop here for now.. (unless i can find a tune that doesnt flag a TD1)

ive done the wiggle test twice now ( i like to check the next day that things dont come loose after driving) so i have appeased my OCD.

Happy Happy here! oh and looks good too! did you get your panel filter sorted?

Reactions: pburv, Salik Sajid and Rob2k68
This works with the GFB DV+ plenty of room if anyone is wondering :-

IMG 2582

Reactions: pburv, RSS-S3 and Salik Sajid
So, what's the sort of gains by just adding this to a standard OEM car? Quite tempted by this... do you think it'll void the warranty of adding this?

Reactions: pburv and zippster
So, what's the sort of gains by just adding this to a standard OEM car? Quite tempted by this... do you think it'll void the warranty of adding this?

EDIT: my car is STD my16 (well it was :))

so first off this won't invalidate your warranty and also if your worried its very easy to revert back to stock.

then theres the gains.. so official 'BUM DYNO' will defiantly notice... BOOOOST will become more of a WHOOOSH to the max in the fact that it builds soo quick, throttle response is also noticeable difference as is the induction noise sounds much more like it should do out of the box..

Real world figures? no idea.. I'm sure i read somewhere that the panel(removal of snow grate), CTS and induction pipe produced in excess of 10bhp but done hold me to this.. this setup is pretty much the same as the CTS etc.. just more money and looks prettier! (i have this setup for sale if anyones interested :))

What i can confirm to you is that when i reverted mine back to stock recently to go into audi for a recall the drive there and home wasn't as exciting in the slightest ..

in short.. , won't affect warranty,lots of money, looks nice, makes a difference , it will put a BIG grin on your face!

oh and did i mention shiney! :)

Reactions: pburv, Mark_86 and Rob2k68
Do you have a Revo remap too?

Yes stage 2 latest version 4 that's just been released.

It's awesome - pulls hard very smooth and very OEM just with 40% extra torque LoL.

Reactions: pburv, RSS-S3 and MikeParkin
I've been in contact with Graham Swinburn, Service Director at V-Hub Service Ltd. and the person behind the Facebook post shown at the start of this thread.

I asked him to clarify what's included with the kit and he in turn has been in contact with Revo about it.

Based on what I've been told, this kit just contains the air box lid and the hose. That's to say, it does not include the panel filter - which is good for me as I'd already bought that with the front section and didn't want to be paying for it twice!

As I know it's been mentioned by another member that a panel filter was included with this kit, I've been asked to let you all know that is *not* the case. A few of the first kits Revo packaged up did include one, but that was a mistake at their end.

So the kit (lid and hose) is £399+VAT.

Graham has them in stock and will deliver them for that price.

Reactions: Rob2k68, jungle650, RSS-S3 and 2 others
So I got a bargain then!!

EPICALLY AWESOME

Don't forget people I still have an ITG, CTS and Forge intake pipe up for grabs!!

#blatentadvertising

So I got a bargain then!!

EPICALLY AWESOME

Don't forget people I still have an ITG, CTS and Forge intake pipe up for grabs!!

#blatentadvertising

LoL jammy s**

Reactions: zippster
Chaps with this setup mines been on at least 2k miles now and just noticed a small oil leak at the turbo inlet breather pipe - make sure the pipe and inlet hose are perfectly square to one another it maybe that any wiggling of the hose to connect to the air box lid had pulled it slightly at an angle :-

IMG 3085

@jungle650 @zippster wortb checking the above. I suspect that the o ring is a tighter fit to the CTS inlet pipe that we were all running previously and the o ring may have taken a permanent set to that smaller bore. I've ordered a selection of o rings from Amazon that should arrive tomorrow in order to replace it. Will report back.

Reactions: jungle650
@jungle650 @zippster wortb checking the above. I suspect that the o ring is a tighter fit to the CTS inlet pipe that we were all running previously and the o ring may have taken a permanent set to that smaller bore. I've ordered a selection of o rings from Amazon that should arrive tomorrow in order to replace it. Will report back.

Thx for heads up @Rob2k68 , I have checked mine and appears to be solid, but will keep an eye on it.

Regds
Jungle

Hey @Rob2k68 just seen this .. I'll go check in a mo but can explains exactly what I'm looking for please.

Thanks matey

Hey @Rob2k68 just seen this .. I'll go check in a mo but can explains exactly what I'm looking for please.

Thanks matey

Hi mate, yeah check that there's no oil around the underside of the pipe in the first instance then check that the pipe is sitting flat against the machined part that it clips to.

IMG 3093

Reactions: jungle650
IMG 0068 @Rob2k68 ive checked it and it seams ok.. I ran my fingers around it and nothing.. I think it's ok.. but will keep an eye on it!

Thanks again

I spoke with Revo and I think the whole carbon air intake kit with airbox and front cooler box and everything yo usee in pretty picture is £658 and its what revo now are using for upto stage 3 or possibly 4 remaps im led to believe.

I spoke with Revo and I think the whole carbon air intake kit with airbox and front cooler box and everything yo usee in pretty picture is £658 and its what revo now are using for upto stage 3 or possibly 4 remaps im led to believe.

Yeah that wouldn't surprise me it's certainly their latest development and really helps improve airflow into the turbo.

I'm very interested in stage 3 when it's released after the lengthy period of beta testing but they'll only release it when it's right.