Stroker HTA35 S3 sets new Badger5 Torque dyno record

badger5

www.badger5.co.uk
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.badger5.co.uk
We had a good customer return for more tunage last Saturday, Stroker 20v, usual trimmings, HTA35 turbo, Badgercams... etc

We were impressed at the torque this thing produced, setting a new personal highest torque on our dyno figure of 476lbft.. Now even a lardy S3 will throw itself down the road with that behind it. Well impressive. Nice one Dale.. you got there in the end dude.

16252175_10154599267223183_8577180196885707526_o.jpg

Reactions: Nilz, StaceyS3, Alex C and 16 others
blimey...

What does this compare to "sports car" wise? like a Porsche 911 Turbo or something? how do the Driveshafts not snap every 5 minutes like Stacey's or haldex fall to pieces, or the engine not twist and fall to pieces - reference the sump located girdle?

Is this your own dyno's torque reading Bill, as the general opinions are that your readings are more realistic than other tuners - hence the signatures will say "364 ft/lb Badger Torque's" etc so the 476 might be more like 540 on other peoples dyno's?

Nice one......you must be very proud of those results!

how do the Driveshafts not snap every 5 minutes like Stacey's or haldex fall to pieces, or the engine not twist and fall to pieces - reference the sump located girdle?

Mechanical sympathy goes a long way. Launching hard tends to breaks stuff and especially on sticky tyres on sticky surfaces like a drag strip. Also how the power is delivered plays a large role. A massive job lot in one hit is asking for trouble.

With regards to the girdle, some builders have said that the 1.8T can survive well without a girdle given it's design but billet mains are a good idea. The worry with my build is going to be the wrist pins. I have the stock JE ones which some have been fine with but others swear by thicker walled ones such as tool steel or even thicker. Again, comes down to power delivery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joetidman
Mechanical sympathy is not something Stacey is familiar with

EFA :laugh:

Awesome result Bill! That must be ballistic on the road!

Is that also potentially highest power since the knurl?

Reactions: StaceyS3 and superkarl
blimey...

What does this compare to "sports car" wise? like a Porsche 911 Turbo or something? how do the Driveshafts not snap every 5 minutes like Stacey's or haldex fall to pieces, or the engine not twist and fall to pieces - reference the sump located girdle?

Is this your own dyno's torque reading Bill, as the general opinions are that your readings are more realistic than other tuners - hence the signatures will say "364 ft/lb Badger Torque's" etc so the 476 might be more like 540 on other peoples dyno's?

other folks dynos do indeed report higher torque than mine does, some to the tune of around 16% higher than my Dasteks readings... on cars which have been to both dynos. Its a lot of torque whichever way you look at it.

happy for the customer. He's had a bumpy ride to get to this point..
I know that feeling...when the head on mine got scrapped.

Your customer has a real rocket to enjoy now!

Fantastic result there Bill. Customer must be thrilled!

Reactions: Prawn
EFA :laugh:

Awesome result Bill! That must be ballistic on the road!

Is that also potentially highest power since the knurl?

Hey that's not very nice, for mechanical engineer maybe I am a bit abusive of mechanical components :laugh:

Though sticky track, tires and twin plate clutch and up to 2bar boost on launch don't help.

Top results though Bill, hope he's got good all weather tyres as that will be lively when it comes on boost

would love to see some videos of this thing moving and launching. Must be ballistic

whats nice is its still 400lbft badger torques at 7500rpm... Violent power delivery on map1

Reactions: Goubo1