Paint Rust?!

So I dropped car off today at Audi bodyshop in Glasgow , will have it back on Friday .. with 2 new wings , Sills repaired or replaced and the stone guard modification from the Bb8.5s, all for free under paintwork warranty :yahoo:

Seems they have listened or worked out what DIY afterfitting of the facelift plastic stone guards by several people here and are now doing and making that part of their standard repair.
And this is on a 2010 90,000miles car with only 50% of its servicing done at Audi, rest at Indy's

So can't take my hat off to them more. It did take a while, but the bodyshop staff are superb and down to earth genunine people.. just a touch different from Edinburgh Audi customer service staff!

One thing tho.. I only got given a Skoda Fabia 1.2 for my courtesy car :sadlike:
Kept on nearly stalling at lights forgetting I'm in a manual again!

Reactions: RS5 JON and rizzini7
Few of the boys that work in the bodyshop have the b8.5 stone guard mod fitted to their own cars so not surprised the customers cars get them fitted also.

The quality of work from Glasgow Audi bodyshop is brilliant... your car is in safe hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Klickflip
Few of the boys that work in the bodyshop have the b8.5 stone guard mod fitted to their own cars so not surprised the customers cars get them fitted also.

The quality of work from Glasgow Audi bodyshop is brilliant... your car is in safe hands.

Great, Good to hear that Gary.

Still waiting on a case I raised in September 2016 with Stirling Audi. Phoned them 4 times now and each time it is "Ooo, has it been that long since you raised the case? We will contact our Glasgow bodyshop who should have the photos we took and they will get back to you"... Think they forgot to say ... "they will get back to you next century!"
Not impressed with their service and would not recommend them to anyone!
Definatley not be taking my car back to them. Cheeky b**t**d* even washed my car when I did not ask for it to be done. Surprised they did not take it out for a spin really!

T
Still waiting on a case I raised in September 2016 with Stirling Audi. Phoned them 4 times now and each time it is "Ooo, has it been that long since you raised the case? We will contact our Glasgow bodyshop who should have the photos we took and they will get back to you"... Think they forgot to say ... "they will get back to you next century!"
Not impressed with their service and would not recommend them to anyone!
Definatley not be taking my car back to them. Cheeky b**t**d* even washed my car when I did not ask for it to be done. Surprised they did not take it out for a spin really!

That's shocking mate! From my experience you need To call a few times a week to try to get a call back. As far as I'm aware the process is different-
Dealer sends photos and report to Audi U.K. Then Audi U.K. Assesses case , makes judgment on whether it's covered , then has to submit that to Audi Germany. Once Audi Germany authorise it to Audi U.K. Audi U.K. Contact dealer (Stirling Audi) , dealer Audi contacts local bodyshop (Glasgow Lomond) to schedule in. Only then you will hear from Glasgow bodyshop.
A rather long winded process but understandable.
As I mentioned best call Audi UK (assuming you mean you've called Stirling Audi 4 times..) and they will put it into action. As appears it's not actually in a que until you or dealer phones and checks/ complains then they will start to look at it.

T

That's shocking mate! From my experience you need To call a few times a week to try to get a call back. As far as I'm aware the process is different-
Dealer sends photos and report to Audi U.K. Then Audi U.K. Assesses case , makes judgment on whether it's covered , then has to submit that to Audi Germany. Once Audi Germany authorise it to Audi U.K. Audi U.K. Contact dealer (Stirling Audi) , dealer Audi contacts local bodyshop (Glasgow Lomond) to schedule in. Only then you will hear from Glasgow bodyshop.
A rather long winded process but understandable.
As I mentioned best call Audi UK (assuming you mean you've called Stirling Audi 4 times..) and they will put it into action. As appears it's not actually in a que until you or dealer phones and checks/ complains then they will start to look at it.

Thanks for the heads up. Last time I called was over 1.5 months ago. Ended up getting it done at a mates body shop a few weeks ago as was less hassle than dealing with Audi themselves. They probably would have wanted me to pay for some percentage anyways (which, I am sure would be more than I paid). If it was not for the fact that I do not have to deal with Audi for servicing and maintenance as I use a fantastic independent garage.. I would not have an Audi nor would I purchase another one.

Last edited:
Just back home from collecting car. Great job by Glasgow Audi bodyshop, nicely valeted and waxed :)
2 new wings , Almost imperceptible colour difference , if anything it's just slightly noticeable because they are so fresh n unscratched compared to other panels!
They said they now put the stonechipsnguards on as standard - and that's an Audi HQ directive . I asked if they were modified b8.5 ones and they said no , they are new ones just for the b8 .
Manger said Audi had started supplying them as standard for wing corrosion warranty fixes. And they should of made them, had them on on the first place.
Just need to save up for a bonnet and bumper respay to make the whole front look mint again.. £900 quote!
IMG 1555

Didn't realise they were b8 specific ones. That will stop if from happening again. I will hopefully be in there soon for full front end respray.

Didn't realise they were b8 specific ones. That will stop if from happening again. I will hopefully be in there soon for full front end respray.

Aye should be good for life now or until I upgrade again. I've had two black Audis had bodywork repairs at Audi and one Mauritius Blue metallic repaired at an Indy ..
no contest vs price , both black cars new panels were a perfect match but the blue one respray was off by a shade and the paint looked completely different in terms of quality and metallic content, even the lacquer looked wrong. . It was a mate of a mate doing a homer so I couldn't argue , was dirt cheap and on a 13 year old car but none the less I would always pay the extra for a perfect Audi repair and respray on a car less than 10years old.

I think a new front end respray will make a huge difference and worth the money , even of you'rs is half as road rashed as mine ;)

Shame on me, but I've still got my B8.5 ones laying around waiting to get fitted using suitable double sided tape - I've already cut the locating leg/pegs off!

Well while starting to clean my brakes up I've cleaned that area of the front wing ready for something, now to look out the B8.5 bits I bought years ago and next some proper double sided tape or some thing else!

So, lets be having that B8 part number before I slap on the modified B8.5 bits, please.

Reactions: Carlos85
Well I've finally fitted the deflector to the near side front wheel arch, stupidly using a couple of short lengths of heavy duty double sided tape (mesh membrane) where the usual lengths of trim fixer stops at either end, but you can just see a small bit of white-ish mesh showing - not good enough! The offside can wait until I fit the front PDS system as the wheel arch liner on that side will need to be removed.

Just one thing, is there a proper way to remove the plastic fixings that hold the wheel arch liner in place, - I mean the large-ish plastic washer like things, brute force and ignorance worked for me on the near side - but I'd think that there is a better way!