Fuel pumps at Shell garages

jcs356

Brum brum
Reaction score
Don't know if it is just me, but everytime I fill up my S3 at a Shell garage, I always seem to have a nightmare with the pump clicking off every 5 seconds or so. The only way I can get the pump to work properly is to only half put it into the fuel filler and then pressing the trigger which can end up covering your shoes with V-power when the tank gets full.

It only seems to be the pumps at Shell. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, but not only at shell, have had the problem a lot with Tesco too! Very annoying!

I only use the local texaco ( super) or Shell for Vpower and dont find this problem at all,maybe something is blocked?

Its the type of Pumps they use..... back in the day when i worked in the garage/fuel station spoke to the guy that fixed them he gave me the ins out of the pumps .that basically it

Yes it happens to me quite often and it's definitely a pain in the ar$e especially if you are in a hurry.

Talking of fuel pumps, a mate of mine just did the most stupid thing a driver could do at a petrol station, like a girl, he drove his car off with with the pump thing still on/in the car and ripped the whole pump off the ground with fuel spraying everywhere lol.
At this point, he shat himself, got out the car and legged it off the forecourt thinking the car was going to explode! Manage to get the fireservice out and cut the power to the fuel pumps, so the petrol station had to close lol.
This was at Sainsbury's petrol station based in Taunton at around 12midnight on friday, so apologies to anyone who couldn't get any fuel from there haha.

I haven't had such a laff for a long time, made my day...

Rev-head said:
Is he having to cough up the cash to fix pump?

He's not sure, they took his details down and let him go, as he was pretty shook up. It would probably go through his car insurance as a claim or their(Sainsburys) insurance would cover it if they decide to let him off I guess?!

Sounds scary ......can imagine petrol ******* everywhere engine running .......boom and your are toast

I get this when using the Pump at tesco's only 1 pump will do it.

Avoid it now, but just pulled the nozel out abit then it was OK

That sounds like an absolute nightmare....I guess he'll be going to Tesco's in future