Help in cornwall

ant schof

Reaction score
Hi All ,
Looking for a bit of help , got an exhaust blow on my S3 2002 year model between relentless 4 manifold and turbo . Does anyone have a K04 copper gasket i could buy or borrow ?

Cheers Ant

Hi Tufty ,
I thought the OE ones were to thin . its a relentless 4 mani with AET hybrid turbo and the throats been machined to 45mm !

ahhh... gasketless at the moment? if not try that... turbo face should be flat, can't speak for the v4 though...

Bill uses AET's and his mani gasketless IIRC

Copper ones tend to fail fairly regularly

<tuffty/>

Hmm , it has the thicker copper gasket at the moment which has indeed failed ! may be worth trying to remove old failed gasket . Going to be tough to clean the turbo and mani surfaces though !

Many thanks for your advice Tufty and Steve aka S3 Hilife . I've just spent half of yesterday and all today dropping the turbo still could'nt get enough clearance to remove the blown copper gasket even after having removed the turbo support bolt a compltete T*** of a job . Managed to peel / chisel away the old gasket . Cleaned up the mani and turbo surfaces as best i could and smeared in some copper grease . Reamed up the allen key bolts and stud nut and rebuilt . Think ive gotten lucky mani seems ok and its now quite as a mouse . Thanks again mate your advice was much appreciated