Finance Agreement, Service Plan & Car Tax Cockup...

cuke2u

Reaction score
Well either Maidstone Audi or Audi finance seem to have messed up. My finance plan isn't appearing in Audi Credit, but my old car is. No service plan seems to have been setup, even though I signed up for one, and no money for this, £9.70 a month, has been taken from my bank account. Then to cap it all I received today the standard car tax request for my old car for which I signed over the dealership in november.
Its a good job the a4 is such a good car because someone seems to be trying hard to spoil things..

Last edited:
Reactions: Brasso
I'd seen that car on the Audi Used Car locator and have to say that it does look very appealing. At first sight it did seem quite expensive, given that's it getting on for three years old and relative to the price of a new one (if you can haggle a discount), but on closer inspection it has quite a few expensive options and is clearly in very good condition - still I bet there's sickening gap between the trade in they offered you and the amount they are now charging for it!

I currently drive a B6 model A4 which I'm thinking about changing and go backwards and forwards between an A3 saloon and the new B9 A4. I've driven both as courtesy cars and come to the unhelpful conclusion that the A3 saloon wins in the looks department but the A4 has the far better interior. From your other posts I see that you have owned both and so, if you had to order a new car today, which one would you go for?

PS Fair play to you for reposting that it was your oversight re the paperwork.

I'd seen that car on the Audi Used Car locator and have to say that it does look very appealing. At first sight it did seem quite expensive, given that's it getting on for three years old and relative to the price of a new one (if you can haggle a discount), but on closer inspection it has quite a few expensive options and is clearly in very good condition - still I bet there's sickening gap between the trade in they offered you and the amount they are now charging for it!

I currently drive a B6 model A4 which I'm thinking about changing and go backwards and forwards between an A3 saloon and the new B9 A4. I've driven both as courtesy cars and come to the unhelpful conclusion that the A3 saloon wins in the looks department but the A4 has the far better interior. From your other posts I see that you have owned both and so, if you had to order a new car today, which one would you go for?

PS Fair play to you for reposting that it was your oversight re the paperwork.
When its my mistake it is no problem for me to admit it. The A3 has only done 15100 miles though and I left it in showroom condition. I guess the price is high but then I walked away from a settlement figure of £17,000 early as there was still over a year of the pcp left.
I had the same dilema as you, the a3 is the better looker but I got my A4 with more equipment for more or less the same price as the A3 would have cost but with a lower monthly amount as the apr was lower. A £2500 deposit contribution helped as well...

Ok just taken this in hand and rang Audi Finance direct, they've sorted out the agreement plan and my new one, not my old, should be showing up in the next couple of days. Whilst I was on the phone to them they rang Maidstone Audi and it seems that Maidstone are in the process of setting up the service plan again so I will have to ring them direct.
Still it is better news as I hate having these loose ends...

Reactions: Brasso
My dealer has returned my v5 document twice now to the DVLA as they keep typing on the V5 that my A4 is a type B8.
The initial v5 was returned to my dealer when i received it with this error, who sent it back with a covering letter from Audi UK stating that is a B9 as the B8 is the previous generation chassis.
It came back with exactly the same error again.Its been returned again to my dealer who has sent it back.Hope they take note this time.
Whats wrong with these people at DVLA?

My v5 also says it's a B8. I assumed this was just an internal DVLA code?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

As far as i know this refers to the chassis type of the car ,and B8 is clearly wrong.It forms part of the vehical model and type,its not an internal code as far as am aware.
Perhaps DVLA need to update their system.

My V5C also says variant B8. I'm sure I read on here that it is a common thing for lots of people who own B9s. It doesn't bother me. Similar thing happened with my old car, which was a manual Scirocco, but the V5C had the transmission listed as S-A, meaning Semi-Auto (DSG). I tried to get it changed (didn't try very hard to be fair) but failed. I sold the car privately and pointed it out to the buyer, luckily he wasn't bothered as I had all the original sales paperwork which stated Manual in multiple places. I get the impression that if you buy a new model relatively soon after its launch, then the DVLA systems don't appear to have had time to catch up and get updated!

Well.on a brand new car i would expect this to be correct.I think its important for the original owner and for future owners.The DVLA do require any owners to report mistakes and errors to be rectified.The b9 is not a b8....it could case confusion and questions asked in years to come...
If its changed by them ,i will report back .....

Reactions: iambu
Well the finance plan is showing up as an agreement in my audi finance accounts, however it seems it had to be a rather robust email to the sales manager of the inchcape group to get a response to my service plan. Thus, lo and behold, one phone call later and I received a new service plan in my email to be signed. Signed it duely was and ten minutes later Maidstone have it for forwarding to audi finance. See its easy once they know how ;-) Lets hope this is an end to the matter...

One thing about the service plan, once Audi Finance confirms it is setup, it is only £9.50 a month, this compares with the one I tried to setup for my daughters Seat Ibiza which was over £20 a month or £498 over three years. Seat, it seems, are having me on but good for Audi in their pricing.

Finally, finally, I have a service plan setup. Confirmed in audi finance and a new direct debit has appeared in my bank account. Onky taken the dealership nearly fours months to get it right. One more box ticked...