Led headlight radio interferance

Ant b

Reaction score
hello I've recently fitted led dip and main beam bulbs in my car,
There not cheap ones etheir there the proper kit,but when I turn them on my radio signal just goes,
Really annoying as there really good lights and I love my radio but carnt use it as with it getting dark urlier I need my lights on a lot,
Someone said there is a there is a topic on here somewear

Yeah I've tried the search couldent find anything,these ones seem really good or a hell of a lot better than before,I may consider hids if I have to.as there a3 lights in a s3

I really don't know what the fix is here,my sidelights and a few others are led and they don't interfere but there just plug in bulbs,were as my dip/main has ballasts

Hey.

Got pictures of LED kit? I've had radio interference issues myself and got rid of them.

cant help on the interference, apart from the noise suppressor, but have you got ant more details on the LED's, ie which kit, any good, easy to fit
cheers

Hey.

Got pictures of LED kit? I've had radio interference issues myself and got rid of them.

Hello no I haven't got any pics as they were fitted for me,or do you mean the beem,how did you get rid of the interferance

I've had myself some nice LED H4 kit with ballasts that were really great but killed radio signal.
Also the same problem with converter that used car 12V DC and turned it into 5V (phone charger) It also killed my radio whenever i used it.

Now assuming you also got LED kit that includes ballasts that will generate high doses of electro magnetic interference it's very likely that they are the root cause of it.

What i found out during troubleshooting was that they were crappy parts which did not include proper capacitors/filters/grounding inside the circuit which add up in price but will eliminate all the interference.
Instead they just leaked it into car electric system also killing my gps signal in dash cam.

In my case changing ballast to higher quality one with extra earth wire cured the problem
Also the converter that leaked was 4$ while proper one that didn't cause interference was 17$.

Long story short bad quality parts need to be replaced if you want to get rid of the interference.

Last edited:
I don't think you can unplug mine,you got a link to the ones you used