iPod cable

Audi Bairn

Staff member
Reaction score
Picked up my new car tonight and obviously got a cable for my iPhone with the micro connection.
But I have an iPod which I leave permanently plugged into the car with all my music on.
What cable do I need now?

Great news your car is here! I have an iPod in my car too. I am using a normal Apple usb cable that came with the iPod, plugged into the centre consol. I get album art and all the functions of the red cable. I also connect my iPhone via Bluetooth which is amazing compared to my Q3. I can swap between podcasts and music via the MMI rather than the phone itself which I had to do before.

Reactions: CHCCubs and Audi Bairn
You could dump your music onto an SD card and then wouldn't need leads and stuff in the car. Much neater.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Good shout guys, thanks.
I can see me spending the weekend (and beyond) getting to grips with all the new tech.............. is there a university course i can enrole on? lol

Reactions: AudiNutta and Sandra
Great news your car is here! I have an iPod in my car too. I am using a normal Apple usb cable that came with the iPod, plugged into the centre consol. I get album art and all the functions of the red cable. I also connect my iPhone via Bluetooth which is amazing compared to my Q3. I can swap between podcasts and music via the MMI rather than the phone itself which I had to do before.

Just been out and tried this and work d perfectly thanks.

Reactions: Blatchy
Reactions: davc
Good to know, glad to see I don't have to get a special cable like the I'm currently using in my BMW.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Good to know, glad to see I don't have to get a special cable like the I'm currently using in my BMW.
I couldn't have done this in my previous Audi's as they had no USB port but now, being able to use the original charging cable, it's great.

Are you guys having any issues with the time it takes for the iPod information to load into the MMI. I find mine takes 10 to 15 minutes every time I start the car to load up - no selection of any tracks or playlists possible, the screen just says loading ?