Problem with Google Maps / VC

PhxViper

Reaction score
Hello,

Is anyone else experiencing issues with Google Maps recently?/
I've noticed over the last few days, it's never switching over to google maps from the normal Audi view a few minutes after switching the car on.

This is on both the main screen and the VC screen.

The car is in a place where it's worked previously before (Home to Work)
On the main screen it reports there is signal (but is does say LTE)
Audi Connect Status reports as 'Very Good / Good'
Other services such as weather show up when connecting to Audi Connect.
Licenses are good until 2019.

Can't think of what else to check. Does anyone remember who the E-SIM is provided by? I could check for maintenance work around the area on mobile antennas .

Thanks,
Mitch

I think something similar is happening over at the A3 8v forum, they seems to be of the conclusion, when I last looked, it was the audi servers...

On Tuesday my MMI came up with a message about Google maps not being connected several times. I had to click OK and then a few seconds later it would reconnect. My mobile connection was good so I assumed that it was a problem on Google's end.

Good that it's probably not the car. I never thought to check misses A3 either as she is still has the trial tech pack.

I've not had any messages tho.. We'll see if anyone else reports anything.

Yeah, I've had the same thing happen a few times during the 7 weeks I've had the car and its only done some 1200 miles. Its only `off` for a few seconds though, so no big deal.

Nah mine had been off for a few days. It's never droppped and then come back again.

However, got in the car this evening, and it's all working again now.

So maybe it was a hitch with Audi's side.