RED Calipers £395

mike price

Reaction score
Just been quoted by Audi to have my calipers red it will be an additional £395 !

Now is it literally just the red or are the calipers different in anyway.

If they are the same surely i could get them painted red at a later date for cheaper.

Just been quoted by Audi to have my calipers red it will be an additional £395 !

Now is it literally just the red or are the calipers different in anyway.

If they are the same surely i could get them painted red at a later date for cheaper.

Biggest **** take option Audi do!! .....and a big hike on price from £250 for PFL.

Do em yourself or get someone else to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Audi Bairn, pburv, Gazwould and 4 others
My local paint-shop offered to do it for £140 which is much better. I'm still not sure if I'll bother....

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, mike price and 2 others
Just do it yourself. I bought my second hand S3 and it had red calipers, but hadn't spec's the B&O, but did have the Audi sound system, and also no front parking sensors or auto hold. What a waste of money. Whoever spec's the car did a great job otherwise but what a waste of £400.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Simon L
^ that sounds very like my current spec, keep it simple
red calipers...............wtf.................what year is this?

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, jonisginger and 1 other person
I'd pay extra to keep them standard :tonguewink:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Simon L and pburv
Give me £200 and I will post ''that's money well spent''...lol

Reactions: TDI-line, Rob2k68 and Simon L
i feel the 19" wheels on a white car the calipers need to standard out any other color i agree

Reactions: Rob2k68
i feel the 19" wheels on a white car the calipers need to standard out any other color i agree
Mine are 19s.
e2fb1e5a5558596a1b926f6a6b66993d.jpg

Reactions: S3tuart, Audi Bairn, pburv and 2 others
Give me £200 and I will post ''that's money well spent''...lol

Geez mate, on the scrounge again? You were trying to ponce money off another member the other day lol

Still when you get yer 'big game' hunting off the ground you'll be making a bit on the side??!! lol

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Geez mate, on the scrounge again? You were trying to ponce money off another member the other day lol

Still when you get yer 'big game' hunting off the ground you'll be making a bit on the side??!! lol

He's tryin to start his RS3...fund...lol

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Simon L
How annoying would it be to spend all that money only to find that it would be virtually impossible to keep them looking red? I would put that money towards a holiday!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68

Ha Ha...You willing to contribute...lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and Jassyo06
Lol ok. Can I ask why that's a thing? Never known. Presumably something to do with theft!

Cloning mate my plate was cloned from on here via photos had several speeding fines come through my door from police forces down in englaterra

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn, Simon L and 1 other person
Red break calipers add about, a brown yin,to yer monthly payment, they are the same price as that fancy screensaver behind the steering wheel.... Lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and pburv
I just bought some red brake calliper paint for £10, painted them myself, you honestly could not tell the difference.

The funny thing is Audi have to paint them black anyway, so red paid must just cost £395 more than black paint per 200oddml :shrug:

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Simon L
I just bought some red brake calliper paint for £10, painted them myself, you honestly could not tell the difference.

The funny thing is Audi have to paint them black anyway, so red paid must just cost £395 more than black paint per 200oddml :shrug:
People on here never seem to factor in Audi Tax on any extra they spec on their cars...lol

Reactions: KenL, Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Reactions: mike price, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 3 others
How annoying would it be to spend all that money only to find that it would be virtually impossible to keep them looking red? I would put that money towards a holiday!
Too be honest l had red brake calipers on my ST3 they are very easy to keep clean, that's if you wash your car on a regular basis

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and jonisginger
Too be honest l had red brake calipers on my ST3 they are very easy to keep clean, that's if you wash your car on a regular basis

Am tempted to get mine done as I like the contrast with Daytona. Know a guy who would probably do em for a pack of beers, maybe even get me rusty bits done too if I can pin him down ;)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Am tempted to get mine done as I like the contrast with Daytona. Know a guy who would probably do em for a pack of beers, maybe even get me rusty bits done too if I can pin him down ;)

Red n Daytona.... Sexual.... Lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
Do them yourself and very easy on a new car as they are not coated in crud!
I think the paint I bought was about £14; good for 200 degrees C.
It took me about 2 hours in all : jack up, wheel off, spray clean, paint, wheel back on, next wheel.... and so on

Reactions: mike price
Got them in mine, and no issues with crud taking the shine off. Always look red, and I wash the car about once a nun's fart

Reactions: mike price