Facelift Painted Red Calipers

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice to see Audi painting the FULL caliper red on the A3/S3 FL red caliper option now :thumbs up:

image-jpg.101926

Pre-FL factory red painted caliper -

180204_2015_Audi_A3.jpg

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, S3_RYAN and 2 others
As I said in another thread, looks much better with black on red.

Especially if you have the black optics

LoL wonder if any F/L owners will fit the black calipers badges ?

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and WarwickL
Yeah l noticed this a few weeks ago l do prefer the black logo on red now they're all red, the same as the TTS and not even the 3 digit anywhere on the car....apart from the rear .the new S4/S5 are the same cost cutting

Reactions: pburv
I just think paying £250 odd quid for a bit of red paint is a total joke. It isn't as if the actual brakes are any different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
I just think paying £250 odd quid for a bit of red paint is a total joke. It isn't as if the actual brakes are any different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree - but at least now if you've splashed the cash they're now all red.

Nice to see Audi painting the FULL caliper red on the A3/S3 FL red caliper option now :thumbs up:

image-jpg.101926

Pre-FL factory red painted caliper -

180204_2015_Audi_A3.jpg
Have to agree with Warwick. Think they look better with the contrasting black and red.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Maybe on the red caliper plate it needs a black decal ? - I think that's what people are saying about the contrast thing. Similar to this (I know it's yellow but you have to imagine its red!) :-

IMG 0937

I can't believe anyone would actually prefer the black clips with red callipers as on pre FL!

Surely you realise they only did it like this originally so they didn't have to make the part in two colours?!

The reason it's all red now is most likely due to people complaining that it looks sh!te

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: batch and Rob2k68
I can't believe anyone would actually prefer the black clips with red callipers as on pre FL!

Surely you realise they only did it like this originally so they didn't have to make the part in two colours?!

The reason it's all red now is most likely due to people complaining that it looks sh!te

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 As I said in the P/F/L mod thread if I had red calipers with the black clips I'd be looking to change them for the red F/L ones. All down to personal taste but I deliberately didn't spec the red calipers due to them having the black clips.

Reactions: Gordo77