19" Alloy wheels for S3

garethhill

Reaction score
Website
www.alphacaraudio.co.uk
Hi all,

Im thinking of buying a green S3 but cant decide which wheels to go for.
I ideally would like Audi wheels either RS4/RS6/RS8

What do people recommend is best for looks i think the RS4 look best in my opinion.

Any photos on cars would be appreciated.

Thanks chaps

:blow:

I love the RS4's but I think I would go for the MTM replicas.

garethhill said:
I think the same the RS4 wheels suit the lines of the S3

Is it only the RS8 wheels that come in 20 inch?

Do they fit the S3, i know they fit the mk4 golf fine ?

RS8? Did they make one them, tee heee

If you mean the plug holes, the A8 reps come in most sizes and offsets for VAG cars

My 2000 S3 On genuine audi 18" RSTT's
aparently RS4's dont fit properly?
I just needed 5mm spacers on the front to clear the brembo brake calipers.
dsc00087_small.jpg

dsc00089_small.jpg

DSC00060.JPG

JonesyGT said:
Ive seen your car with the MTM's on in fleetwood CO-OP its very nice!!! Im working around there at the moment

Fleetwood co-op? hmm, only been past recently, not been in there in years (literally)... Do you mean Thornton co-op? I go in there fairly regularly..not had the MTM's on for about six weeks though...

Flash or wave next time :)

Yeah it will be the Thornton one Defo had the MTM's on as i was thinking it was nice to see an S3 without the normal RS4's on might have been a while ago now i remember it being sunny!!

stewart your car is well nice thats the look am going to go for when i get my a3, i love those wheels dont no the name though, the 5 spoke audi ones, the mtms look nice but prefer the others

what kind of price are the 5 spoke ones going for in 18's or 19's??

Go with something different RS4, RS6 and "RS8" have been done to death imo

I've just got myself a set of 18" NEW style RS4's. I'll post photo's later when;

1. It's light enough to get photo's
2. I learn how to post photo's!

I know I'm biased, but I think they look the doggies!

Rich

I've got a set of 19" MTM Replicas with tyres for 550 on pick up only...
DSC00172.jpg

And a set of these OEM Monoblocs in 18x8 et48 (5x112 so will need adaptors) if your interested........
DSC00173.jpg

ANDYTQ said:
A guy in work has bought a grey s3 with silver 19"mtm reps on it,they look really good.

Andy, that sounds like Chris' old car.

Duber said:
I've got a set of 19" MTM Replicas with tyres for 550 on pick up only...
DSC00172.jpg

And a set of these OEM Monoblocs in 18x8 et48 (5x112 so will need adaptors) if your interested........
DSC00173.jpg

Love those A8 monoblocks might have to treat myself to a set of them :wub:

garethhill said:
What car are the mtms normally off then?

Do they do them in nineteen inch

The MTM alloys are designed by and made for the German VAG tuning company, MTM. They should only come in 19" for A3/S3 fitments, although the replicas have other sizes are available.

ANDYTQ said:
A guy in work has bought a grey s3 with silver 19"mtm reps on it,they look really good.

Andy, if you work in GE then yes its my old one.

Chris.

the 18s are a much more faithful rep to the origainals, as the lip goes all the way round the spokes as opposed to just half way down on those 19s. Rare as f**k though

Stewart said:
Check out my sig link for pics

Also :-

Grey MTM's
http://www.oreton.com/images/cars/s3_grey_mtms4.jpg

Rials
http://www.oreton.com/images/cars/s3/s3_rial_7.JPG

Don't go for 19"s though, they destroy the handling of the S3.

Nice pics. So that makes 5 sets of wheels on the S3 now? Make your mind up :)

I think the pics with the RS6's look tasty, but just a little too big for the car. 18" wheels seem to fit better with the S3 body shape.

Your MTM's look different to Duber's. They have the lip going all the way round the spoke, closer to the originals? Rochford 007s? After seeing yours, I'm thinking a set of those in black might look nice against the blue.:eyebrows:

ChriS3 said:
Nice pics. So that makes 5 sets of wheels on the S3 now? Make your mind up :)

I think the pics with the RS6's look tasty, but just a little too big for the car. 18" wheels seem to fit better with the S3 body shape.

Your MTM's look different to Duber's. They have the lip going all the way round the spoke, closer to the originals? Rochford 007s? After seeing yours, I'm thinking a set of those in black might look nice against the blue.:eyebrows:

Cheers mate, well if you want to come down and try them on, feel free!
I would LOVE to know how your car drives in terms of the BT, it would probably just make me reach for Mr Visa right there and then! lol :)

ChriS3 said:

Heres a pic of mine with RS6's in 18", and yes it does need to go lower!!

audisportsig.jpg