music recording on sd card and juke box?

redlinehigh

Reaction score
i am wondering what is the best way to save music onto an s.d card, what file is best to use etc?
Also can u move this music onto the juke box from the s.d. card?
thanks fro your help!!!

I just use mp3 files in the usual Artist > Album > Track folder format. I rip using Windows Media Player (because itunes is the spawn on the devil imo:imp:) and if needed add folder art and modify tags using MP3tag (free sw).

Purists use other formats, but mp3 is fine for me.:yahoo:

Reactions: Simon L
Funnily enough I'm doing that at the moment but am using 'DoubleTwist'. Have used it before quite successfully - works for me as a complete novice.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes you can upload from SD card to jukebox. Its very simple and quick. Then use the other SD slot with a card full of movies just incase you are in your car for a while and not moving of course

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Personally I haven't really bothered with the jukebox other than to test it out, and it does copy pretty quickly, as it would annoy me having my music in different places and trying to remember what's where if you get me drift??

If you can fit all your music onto the jukebox (which I can't) fine as I guess it's also another backup of sorts but if not might as well use SD or USB, they're peanuts to buy even for the larger ones.

Reactions: Daveotto and Diggerz039
Ye true, basically whichever way you do it, the quality is a bit better than doing it through bluetooth. Got to use my B O system to the fullest :-D

Nowt, plus it only has a 10Gb capacity...

Sd and juke are same quality i reckon. Bluetooth you cannot see your music on screen. Itll show current playing track but not the rest of your library

do you only get the juke box with higher spec sound systems or option packs etc - I only have the bog standard system!

I think juke is just with tech pack. I don't think I have it anyway!
Can't really see the point - just use sd card.

I think juke is just with tech pack. I don't think I have it anyway!
Can't really see the point - just use sd card.

It is a Tech pack 'feature' but yeah no point at all tbh and as @simonali says it's limited to 10gb which is nowhere enough for me.

Added benefit of Jukebox vs. SDHC cards: Global random/shuffle setting for all loaded songs, "album cover flow-like" Album Browser and Voice Command song selection.

Added benefit of Jukebox vs. SDHC cards: Global random/shuffle setting for all loaded songs, "album cover flow-like" Album Browser and Voice Command song selection.
On SD card you can play random tracks from the whole card (is that what you mean?) and browse through your albums via artist and album (is that what you mean?).

Random/shuffle via album

Coverflow

Add voice Nav and the JB adds enough for me to use it for classics

You still get coverflow from SD card mate, not sure about voice command as I don't use it

Reactions: WarwickL
Cover flow format is very different - larger graphics too

I'll take your word for it like I said only put 1 album on the jukebox to test it out as I mainly use random off the SD card

Seem to remember someone saying that files on the JB don't get transvoddd on the fly cf the SD card, not sure

Jesus man sort that bleedin predictive text out will ya??!! lol

Think you might be right though..............I guess jukebox must be ideal for you bud, Val Doonican's greatest hits can't be using up that much storage................?? :whistle2:

Jesus man sort that bleedin predictive text out will ya??!! lol

Think you might be right though..............I guess jukebox must be ideal for you bud, Val Doonican's greatest hits can't be using up that much storage................?? :whistle2:

Only messed up one word :p

As for VD, 10GB worth (well, the balls feel like that)

Pending sale

some great replys there thanks for the help! can anyone tell me what " double twist" is please

some great replys there thanks for the help! can anyone tell me what " double twist" is please

It's a free download software programme that enables you to transfer music from the likes of itunes to an SD card or USB stick. Keeps your playlists and you're able to sync the card or stick from time to time when you've bought new music or fancy a change without having to delete and reload the whole thing.
I've used it on an SD card this week and works fine for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if it's me or a 'feature' but I seem unable to record bought music CDs into the Jukebox ( I have a number of old - at least 15/20 years old). No problem with 'homemade' CDs, they are OK!