What lowering springs do I get

Bos

Reaction score
Hello all, I've got a standard Audi A3 8p 2tdi and I'm looking to lowering it very soon, the back end is very high but the front end is quite low, what is the recommended springs to get? Thanks

Are you wanting to lower the back more than the front? If so coilovers would be the only option for that.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Um I want to keep my budget low that's why I went for the springs, the back end of my car needs to come down at least 25/30mm but the font to come down a little bit to make it Evan

Do you have a picture of how your car looks now? I'm just curious because most A3s I saw, mine inclusive, had a slight reverse rake. I lowered mine with VWR Sport Springs because I wanted 20-25mm drop only (unlike 35-40 mm drop with other springs) and had to use TT rear spring pads to raise the rear end. And still, my rear end is a few mm lower than the front (depends on fuel of course).

If your front is too low, perhaps you have issues with your current setup (damaged springs or struts)?

I run eibach pro springs on mine, 30mm drop from se suspension, comfier than the sport or a-line springs as they're a progressive spring too

Before and after 30mm Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs

This is my A3 1.6 TDI Sportback lowered 29mm (front) with the VWR Sport Springs (the tank is almost empty, so the rear is higher on this image). The linear springs are approx. 10-15% firmer than the stock. I use Bilstein B4 dampers to match the spring rate (B4s, despite being a direct replacement to stock dampers, are a little firmer and match well the VWR springs, unlike B8s that approx. 30% firmer than the OE dampers). The ride comfort is almost stock, a little firmer and more controlled, not harsh at all. I believe it's one of the best setups for the DD possible. Not suitable for track though.

Audi A3 Lowered with VWR Sport Springs