Black roof rails and chrome door handle tops?

Smickers

Reaction score
As per the title, who has these? And what configuration. My s-line arrives Monday morning. When using the Configurator it gives me black rails on the avant yet I thought they were chrome.

Also whilst walking around the Audi showroom I saw various models with the top half of their handles being chrome covered. Is this a particular spec or year.

Looking forward to getting it, chose the reg today, just envious of the virtual cockpit, but it put the car out of my price range. Even my last ford had a colour DIS! On the upside, I got over 5.5k off, 3.9% Apr and only ordered it 3 days ago. Can't wait!

I've heard a few people mention the chrome trim on the door handles but I haven't yet seen any photos. I hope mine doesn't come with them as they weren't mentioned in the brochure and i'm not a fan of bits of chrome!

Configurator also only gives the option of chrome roof rails - although the brochure says you can get black ones in the Black Styling pack (not sure if that's available yet!)

Edit: Just found the answer on the door handles. Brochure states SE models have chrome inlays on the door handles. Sport and S-line are body coloured!

Edit: Just found the answer on the door handles. Brochure states SE models have chrome inlays on the door handles. Sport and S-line are body coloured!

Yep its only the SE with the chrome door handle top half as pictured, think black roof rail are only as part of the "Black styling pack" which I believe is still not available to order...
Screen Shot 2016 09 14 at 071444

Last edited:
Mmm, I happen to like them, can they be specified on the sline saloon?

As far as I'm aware think they are SE only and not able to be spec'ed on Sport or S-Line, happy to be proven wrong though.

Although I'm not sure if the SE comes with the little downlighter lights in the door handles as the Sport & S-Line do, if the SE doesn't then the door handles are different so might not even be possible to retro fit.

Ok thanks, I can't see anything in the uk configurator but perhaps I will look at some equivalent oversees versions...