iPhone 7

Looks like another issue popped up to add to the list

After you’ve left the EarPods plugged into the iPhone 7’s Lightning port for a few minutes. Audio continues to play, but the volume control dongle stops working, meaning you can’t adjust the volume, activate Siri, or answer calls.

A non event personally and with the loss of a headphone jack, a step backwards despite people saying wifi/bt is the future.

An adapter is supplied but can not charge and listen with my RHAs

My iPhone 6 will most likely be my last iPhone

I've always planned to upgrade a year after release so bugs are resolved.

Looks like android is my next phone
Ahhh, a fellow man of good taste Warwick! I've got the T10i's, what about you?
I'm not impressed they've dropped the earphone jack, I actually find myself charging and listening quite regularly.

Ahhh, a fellow man of good taste Warwick! I've got the T10i's, what about you?
I'm not impressed they've dropped the earphone jack, I actually find myself charging and listening quite regularly.

The model down from yours mate, MA750i's, along with some Shure SE846's and some Sennie Momentums. Each for different purposes :)

40e24d60c8574d78cbead2214b236233.jpg

Reactions: batch
The model down from yours mate, MA750i's, along with some Shure SE846's and some Sennie Momentums. Each for different purposes :)

Nice! I've got Beats Solo HDs for flights/watching movies on the laptop, as I like the overhead type for long wear.
Try some "InAir" memory foam tips, far superior to the standard ones!

Reactions: WarwickL
@WarwickL -
5 Pairs INΛIRS AIR1 (M) Earphone Tips ★ Latest Generation Memory Foam Earpads: More Comfort than Silicone ear bud Tips ★ Noise Isolating Earphones Replacement for In Ear Earbuds ★ Earbud Ear Cushions & Earpad for your Headphones

Amazon product

Thanks mate. Have tried them but went back to the triple flange ones I have that fit perfect for me :)
I need to give those a go, always preferred the glider tips but might see what the RHA version behaves like.

I need to give those a go, always preferred the glider tips but might see what the RHA version behaves like.

It's a very personal thing.

I couldn't get any of the RHA supplied tips to fit perfectly although even the worst were more comfortable and a better fit than buds.

Reactions: batch
I kept my Iphone 6plus this time round. no need to upgrade and see no real benefit getting a 7 plus for £920. Dropped from my £58/month contract to a £20/month contract so saving plenty money in the mean time by going sim only.

I too, am waiting for the next big thing. Apple really pulled up short on this one and sell it as the main feature of no 3.5mm port. wow, big deal...dont think ive ever used mine, or very little, in the many years ive owned a iphone. Im not loosing out. It needed considerably bigger battery size and wireless charging, and a whole load of other features. iphone should be leading the pack...not trying to keep up 2 years down the line with the other manufacturers.

IOS10 does seem a bit laggy and slow at time on the 6 but get used to it. Worst thing is the home/lock screen where you can no longer slide a notification to go straight to it. now you have to go past 2-3 screens and hope it loads the notification up when the phone is unlocked.

Changing the subject a little bit here. But what do people want to see in the 'Next iPhone / Generation of Phones'?

I'm not very imaginative so I'm don't really see what else they can really add (in a sensible world), and therefore probably happy about the small updates that happen.

I keep seeing people saying they are going to wait for the next big thing, but no-one is actually mentioning what they want that to be...

Thanks for the link :), It is an interesting read. I think a lot of people have knocked the iPhone 7 simply because it looks incredibly similar to the 6 / 6s.

I don't just mean iOS / Apple tho. Phones in general. A lot of that thread is improving on existing technology already implemented in the phones or adding features from other phones.

The biometric stuff is cool and makes sense as it's security that has been around for a while and now filtering down to phone technology.

The key suggested features are not improvements on existing tech in iphones, they are totally new.

The 7 was disappointing in many areas not because of 'looks' but lack of substantial new tech.

It was Apples first step towards the new phone.

Last edited:
Technology may have been the wrong word, improvement on existing features perhaps? The technology is new, but its just improving on what is already there, better screen, faster processor, light body etc.

That was my original point, what new features can phone companies bring to phones that keep them new.

Wireless charging is huge

Apple is also clearly heading down the track of removing physical buttons and accomodating a truly touch only experience

The taptic home button is just a start

IOS10 is really fast on my 6 I'm really impressed with how the update has gone on my phone.

As for the head jack thing people really need to get with the times and purchase wireless headphones. The Bose range are superb I could never go back to wired, it's amazing how comfortable and convenient no cable is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wireless headphone tech (battery, transmission, SQ and form) has a long way to go

Maybe Apples move will encourage development of a true offering in that regard.

Mind you, it is more than a change to IE or OE phones that is the challenge.

Wireless charging is a gimmick imo. As for the complaints about battery life, it's better than anything rivals are providing isn't it? I remember the battery life on my old HTC being garbage

Wireless headphones; they are great but if I'm on a night out I don't want to be dragging a large pair of over ear headphones with me - any other kind of headphone style without a wire looks stupid and liable to get lost - just look at the air pods ....

I like the the fact that the latest Samsung Galaxy is water-resistant. Being able to drop it into the washing up bowl is a dead handy feature for when it catches fire....

Reactions: Ghost and WarwickL
I put my skin from my 6 on my 7 and it's almost perfect. The only difference is the camera lens has moved. The slenderness of the 7 is vertically impossible to notice compared to the 6.

Not sure if it's a 7 thing, but I've just driven my son to gym and as I walked away from the car, the phone indicated that it had registered where I had parked my car. I'll be deleting my car parking app then!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the the fact that the latest Samsung Galaxy is water-resistant. Being able to drop it into the washing up bowl is a dead handy feature for when it catches fire....

fa807bfe2cf58117e954d5b439d36f6b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: voorhees and Gazwould
Yeah, I seen the new 7 can help you to locate your car. pretty cool to be honest. Shame I very rarely forget where ive parked my pride and joy.

I sometimes use it when we are unfamiliar places in a Europe.

Always had iPhones. Grew up with Apple and just happen to know how to use it better. But lately, I have been moving away from them.

Needed a good PC for my job/studying and nothing Apple offered in the desktop market was any good. Built myself a custom PC and Hacked it to run OS X, but find myself staying on Windows 10 now.

Always had iPhones (3Gs, 5s and now a 6s), but i've recently got a Samsung Galaxy S6 for work and well....the iPhone 6s will be my last iPhone. The biggest difference is the screen. Watching YouTube on both phones side by side its laughable how much better the Samsung is. Then there is Android which has some much flexibility. Much prefer it. Unless the next iPhone finally upgrades the screen I won't even consider it. My 6s is good for another good few years so no need to upgrade any time soon, so will see how things progress.

The only sector where I still think Apple has the best option is the laptop market. Love my MacBook Pro. The specs and hardware (mainly the trackpad) are better than anything I have used on the Windows side. Thanks to University discounts, spec for spec it is also much cheaper than whats on offer.

As others...iPhone 7 was pretty underwhelming. Yet to upgrade to ios10.

Got a 7 myself, but was due a change anyway as was out of contract. Ended up moving from my all you eat data to 30gb per month and saved £13 a month from my old contract.

Yup, it's not a vast move from the 6, seems a bit quicker, battery seems to last a bit longer, etc, but for me the home button change makes it feel like the base of the phone is broken, almost like a gap at the bottom closes every time you press it. Very odd. No doubt I'll get used to it.

And at least it's given me an idea of what I can get the other half to buy me for xmas - wireless headphones....!

Since doing the latest iOS update my 6 plus is all over the place , keeps freezing on me , gone very slow and unresponsive , seriously tempted to book a genius appointment and get it looked at , I will definitely not be getting the 7 , just seems a total rip off tbh .

blimey i got the same laptop :)

the Mrs needed a newer phone so gave her my 6 and i moved onto the 6S ill wait and see what happens with the 10 year anniversary of the iPhone next year

I'm actually thinking of doing the same now and waiting for the 10 year anniversary model. My 6 still works perfectly after almost 2 years of ownership

I used my phone for the first time yesterday to stream music while I was travelling into London and I didn't have a problem with not having the 3.5 jack. I just used the adaptor provided so I could my Bose headphones. Sound quality seems to be the same.

Has anyone with a 7 noticed any issues with battery life? I am finding I rinse through the battery a lot quicker than I did with my 6 and I do not use the phone anymore than my 6? It still lasts me the day but my 6 after 2 years of use would still have about 50% charge at the end of the day while the 7 is usually less than 30%.

Really disappointed with the phone all in all, camera is better especially low light but thats it. I really do not notice any other difference other than having to remember my headphone adaptor and getting frustrated with the home button!

Hands up who's seen the video on how to drill a 3.5mm headphone socket in your iPhone 7? :)

Reactions: A4B9