vag-com lead

kris_tdi

Reaction score
which one do i need? there seems so much choice. also has anyone got the software as i tried downloading it but didnt work.

Macattax,

Yes the lead will work on your Audi, you will have to install a USB to Serial driver before connecting the lead. There are details on how to do this on Alpha_bid's (The Seller) web site.
The lead will also work on version 409.1
Regards,
Jim.

Cheers moschino.
I actually ordered that cable the day I posted the question lol I have no patience to wait for answers but I did some research and seemed to be the right cable.
I did order it from alpha_bid like you said he is the cheapest of them all.
How long did it take for you to recieve your delivery from alpha_bid?

Is there much diff between 311.2 and 409.1?

Check out ross-tech.com web site for teh differences between version 311.2 and 409.1

For what I want to do either will work fine. As you have a '99 A4 version 311.2 should be ok for you.

Yay the vag com lead arrived today. Great service.
I checked that it fits and it does and a blue light goes on when plugged in.
Now i must set up my laptop and have a good mess around after work or maybe during work when i sneak out LOL i dunno why I am sneaking I own my own business pmsl.

I am using version 311.2 but only because the full version was on newsgroups

My advice is get the Rosstech one. It is fast and allows you to do logging of things like 0-60 1/4 mile etc. The license is included in the cable, so all you need to do is download the sofware from their site and off you go. Dont bother buying from a UK representative. Rosstech deliver quick & work out cheaper. They customer services is second to none!!

Ok not a good start I was changing some codes in the 35. cent. locks and forgot to take down the original code on it before i changed it. Now my keyfob wont lock the doors or set the alarm even when i put key in the door to lock it it wont lock!
Can somone please tell me what code they have on their a4 1999 (concert radio)

macattax said:
Ok not a good start I was changing some codes in the 35. cent. locks and forgot to take down the original code on it before i changed it. Now my keyfob wont lock the doors or set the alarm even when i put key in the door to lock it it wont lock!
Can somone please tell me what code they have on their a4 1999 (concert radio)

I can't remember what codes I had on my car before I did the same job but would suggest you look at www.audiworld.com

Go to 'resources' then 'tech articles', in the electronics section you'll find a how-to called 'coding the control module'.
The article gives several sample codes which hopefully will be of some help!

Not to worry thankfully I got all the codes from vagcom website,
Phew!

Ok if you need anyhelp setting it up ill do my best.
Lol it took me a bit of time figuring out how to install it but got there in the end so i am pretty sure i can help you as its still fresh in my mind.

right, i have got the lead installed etc.. keeps telling me my software isnt registered though, doh.

Go to device manager on your laptop .
Look for com & lpt right click on comp port 1 and then properties press port settings tab ,click the advanced button and then change the com port to to 2 3 or 4 one of them will work just trial and error till you get a free port.
Check the vag com forum on this website too!

hi sorry to jump in here, can someone in the know please confirm will that lead be the one for my 98 a4? its about time i got one. tia dan

snoop said:
hi sorry to jump in here, can someone in the know please confirm will that lead be the one for my 98 a4? its about time i got one. tia dan[/QUOTE

The one in the Ebay listing quoted above is the same as the one I bought from alpha-bid this time last year for my Nov'98 A4 and it worked a treat.
Paid about £23 delivered for mine then so the price has come down a lot, used version 409.1 and had no probs at all.......