Max 12 psi Boost .. Good or bad ?

AGB-S3

Reaction score

Running with Vac / Boost monitor , linked to ecu , standard map etc

Shows 27 / 28 inch Vac ..ok ?

Boost , not indicating over 12 psi , expected or should I see 15 psi max ?

No error codes in ecu

Tnx-Graham

Ok that makes a change ! ,

Its sort of standard, lots of replacement silicon joints and pipes , the odd bit is the down pipes from the Turbo , There are 'two' pipes, which must have separate cat's as it just passed the mot ... Lambda '1' and ppm 10 ,

The twin header pipes, with what look like 'cat's , then link in a Y joint , single o2 sensor , then on to the tail pipe , part of which is triangular cross section and into a back box ... Ive yet to identify the twin header pipes ..

Tnx -G,

Ok that makes a change ! ,

Its sort of standard, lots of replacement silicon joints and pipes , the odd bit is the down pipes from the Turbo , There are 'two' pipes, which must have separate cat's as it just passed the mot ... Lambda '1' and ppm 10 ,

The twin header pipes, with what look like 'cat's , then link in a Y joint , single o2 sensor , then on to the tail pipe , part of which is triangular cross section and into a back box ... Ive yet to identify the twin header pipes ..

Tnx -G,
Standard S3 downpipe is twin pipe design yes.
First sensor is pre cat lambda. Used amongst other things for fueling.

The other after it becomes a single pipe is the post cat lambda, used to monitor the condition of the cats

.... I must been looking at the wrong schematics, they had a single down pipe , take it , this has qty 2 cat's .one in each leg ? new set of light's and it should be 'finished' until ....

Tnx -G,

.... I must been looking at the wrong schematics, they had a single down pipe , take it , this has qty 2 cat's .one in each leg ? new set of light's and it should be 'finished' until ....

Tnx -G,
Aftermarket upgrades are a single 3 inch downpipe. Standard are 2 pipes with 2 small cats.

Running with Vac / Boost monitor , linked to ecu , standard map etc

Shows 27 / 28 inch Vac ..ok ?

Boost , not indicating over 12 psi , expected or should I see 15 psi max ?

No error codes in ecu

Tnx-Graham

measured with an actual gauge or an "App" ?

pinch of salt. some apps dont read map sensor correctly.
12-14psi peak is a std S3 boost level however

Fair enough, testing it on the open roads can be a little problematic ... the app is torque lite , useful to observe when the turbo is 'actually' available !