Dropping Sepang was a bad move!

Kugaman1

Reaction score
Ive been offered a good deal on an S3 saloon.

Problem is the poor colour choices for the FL S3. Navarra isnt to my liking...infact the only colour I like is Daytona and even then, it certainly wouldnt be a top choice.

It seems a lot of folk on here are going to order daytona......why have they dropped sepang?

Reactions: Bristle Hound, SW14NY'S and Jassyo06

Problem is the poor colour choices for the FL S3. Navarra isnt to my liking...infact the only colour I like is Daytona and even then, it certainly wouldnt be a top choice.

It seems a lot of folk on here are going to order daytona......why have they dropped sepang?

Eh...too keep the existing car popular on the used car market..ie desirability was told they will add on other colours..? Once the facelift barrage has waned ie next May... Can't say too much more than that mate....??

Reactions: pburv and SW14NY'S
Eh...too keep the existing car popular on the used car market..ie desirability was told they will add on other colours..? Once the facelift barrage has waned ie next May... Can't say too much more than that mate....??
I'm going to be after a used sepang s3 in a couple of years, should be plenty about as it's popular like you say, although I want one identical to yours so it could be bad finding exactly what I want when it comes to it.

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
I'm going to be after a used sepang s3 in a couple of years, should be plenty about as it's popular like you say, although I want one identical to yours so it could be bad finding exactly what I want when it comes to it.
Awe matt me cars will be up for sale come February.... Maybe ye could have it mate...ye never know
Last 8p S3 colour was Sprint blue,a stunning colour it is,then Audi dropped it when they introduced the new 8v S3 then renewed it with Estoril blue then soon after introduced sepang blue ergo they will do the exact same with Navarra Blue,once the interest has diminished on the S3 and introduce another exciting blue colour

Reactions: pburv and MattSedg
Awe matt me cars will be up for sale come February.... Maybe ye could have it mate...ye never know
Last 8p S3 colour was Sprint blue,a stunning colour it is,then Audi dropped it when they introduced the new 8v S3 then renewed it with Estoril blue then soon after introduced sepang blue ergo they will do the exact same with Navarra Blue,once the interest has diminished on the S3 and introduce another exciting blue colour
trust me, if I would be able to I'd love to, going to have to wait longer than then though, putting my car against another and paying the rest isn't the problem, insurance is :blownose:

trust me, if I would be able to I'd love to, going to have to wait longer than then though, putting my car against another and paying the rest isn't the problem, insurance is :blownose:
Well age faster then...lol,getting older will come sooner than you imagine Matt,alongside far lower car insurance... 2019 S3 for Matt me thinks lol

Reactions: pburv, Scottyg and MattSedg
Well age faster then...lol,getting older will come sooner than you imagine Matt,alongside far lower car insurance... 2019 S3 for Matt me thinks lol
If I keep thinking about an S3 as much as I have been this past week....i dunno what..

Reactions: pburv

I can't see the S3 saloon available. Only 3 door and Sportback. I might have considered the saloon...

@jassyo06 thought you'd a buyer to take it in July/August? I know you're not buying the RS3 you thought you might did buyer go elsewhere?

@jassyo06 thought you'd a buyer to take it in July/August? I know you're not buying the RS3 you thought you might did buyer go elsewhere?
Yeah mate,but where do l find a new RS3.... Glasgow Audi only have 1 new RS3 left at £49k no discount, catalunya red, awesome spec,plus a 5 month old Mythos demo at £48k mediocre spec,they ain't getting any more stock RS3's in,only existing orders on the car are being delivered next month then it's nada mate,and yeah l will need to tell the 2 would be buyer's this....it's a win win situation if l wait for the new RS3 discount,personal spec mate

Yeah mate,but where do l find a new RS3.... Glasgow Audi only have 1 new RS3 left at £49k no discount, catalunya red, awesome spec,plus a 5 month old Mythos demo at £48k mediocre spec,they ain't getting any more stock RS3's in,only existing orders on the car are being delivered next month then it's nada mate,and yeah l will need to tell the 2 would be buyer's this....it's a win win situation if l wait for the new RS3 discount,personal spec mate

I almost bought one from Stoke (I think). They have these in stock (or did a couple of days ago). Unfortunately just out of my price range:

RS3 Sportback Navigation 2.5TFSI 367PS S tronic £46990

Nardo Grey

Additional Extras

Reversing Camera

Black Alloys

Privacy Glass

Dynamic Package

Comfort and Sound Pack

Dynamic Package

Black exterior mirror housing

RS3 Sportback Navigation 2.5TFSI 367PS S tronic £46650

Mythos Black

Additional Extras

Reversing Camera

Black Alloys

Privacy Glass

Dynamic Package

Comfort and Sound Pack

Technology Pack + Audi Connect

High Gloss black styling pack

RS3 Sportback Navigation 2.5TFSI 367PS S tronic £44950

Mythos Black

Additional Extras

Reversing Camera

Privacy Glass

Dynamic Package

Bang & Olufsen Sound System

Titanium Alloys

RS3 Sportback Navigation 2.5TFSI 367PS S tronic £45950

Daytona Grey

Additional Extras

High Gloss Black Styling Pack

Black Alloys

Privacy Glass

Dynamic Package

RS3 Sportback Navigation 2.5TFSI 367PS S tronic £47950

Glacier White

Additional Extras

Reversing Camera

Black Alloys

Privacy Glass

Dynamic Package

Comfort and Sound Pack

Non Smokers Package

Driver assistance pack

RS3 Sportback Navigation 2.5TFSI 367PS S tronic £46950

Panther Black Crystal Effect

Additional Extras

Titanium Alloys

Reversing Camera

Dynamic Package

Privacy Glass

Comfort and Sound Pack

Non Smokers Package

Roof Rails Black

I almost bought one from Stoke (I think). They have these in stock (or did a couple of days ago). Unfortunately just out of my price range:

RS3 Sportback Navigation 2.5TFSI 367PS S tronic £46990

Nardo Grey

Additional Extras

Reversing Camera

Black Alloys

Privacy Glass

Dynamic Package

Comfort and Sound Pack

Dynamic Package

RS3 Sportback Navigation 2.5TFSI 367PS S tronic £46650

Mythos Black

Additional Extras

Reversing Camera

Black Alloys

Privacy Glass

Dynamic Package

Comfort and Sound Pack

RS3 Sportback Navigation 2.5TFSI 367PS S tronic £44950

Mythos Black

Additional Extras

Reversing Camera

Privacy Glass

Dynamic Package

Bang & Olufsen Sound System

Titanium Alloys

RS3 Sportback Navigation 2.5TFSI 367PS S tronic £45950

Daytona Grey

Additional Extras

High Gloss Black Styling Pack

Black Alloys

Privacy Glass

Dynamic Package

RS3 Sportback Navigation 2.5TFSI 367PS S tronic £47950

Glacier White

Additional Extras

Reversing Camera

Black Alloys

Privacy Glass

Dynamic Package

Comfort and Sound Pack

Non Smokers Package

Driver assistance pack

RS3 Sportback Navigation 2.5TFSI 367PS S tronic £46950

Panther Black Crystal Effect

Additional Extras

Titanium Alloys

Reversing Camera

Dynamic Package

Privacy Glass

Comfort and Sound Pack

Non Smokers Package

Roof Rails Black
Yeah av been over this more times than l care to remember....l am waiting on the facelift car.....now nate but thanks for the heads up these cars

I can't see the S3 saloon available. Only 3 door and Sportback. I might have considered the saloon...

Deffo available mate, my dealer is quoting a mid september delivery if I order this week!

Been offered a decent deal, but just not sure about colours........

Deffo available mate, my dealer is quoting a mid september delivery if I order this week!

Been offered a decent deal, but just not sure about colours........

Colours are limited on this car at the moment,Daytona and floret being the only colours l would consider,if there weren't exclusive paint colours available

Reactions: WarwickL
Well, the 8V S3 was never meant to have Sepang as a £550 option. It was supposed to be Estoril Blue for the life of the model, but they had major issues with the paint matching, so the decision was made to change to Sepang at the year change. Now they have Nevarra Blue which matches Estoril so back to square one regards colours.
Have to say I have seen a few Vegas Yellow TT's recently and that is really growing on me, not as far out as it looks in pictures and if you want to be different...

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Well, the 8V S3 was never meant to have Sepang as a £550 option. It was supposed to be Estoril Blue for the life of the model, but they had major issues with the paint matching, so the decision was made to change to Sepang at the year change. Now they have Nevarra Blue which matches Estoril so back to square one regards colours.
Have to say I have seen a few Vegas Yellow TT's recently and that is really growing on me, not as far out as it looks in pictures and if you want to be different...

Yeah, the yellow is striking at first but growing on me too. If it had been metallic I would have been more tempted to go for it...

Whilst dropping Sepang may have been a bad move, dropping Misano was absolutely criminal!!!!

Reactions: Bristle Hound, pburv and Jassyo06
Whilst dropping Sepang may have been a bad move, dropping Misano was absolutely criminal!!!!

Tango red is very close to Misano red. There is nothing remotely close to Sepang Blue :(

Wonder how many beluga browns they sell.

Reactions: Cymru09, allanmb, pburv and 1 other person
Vegas yellow with the BSP,should look very good indeed and will be popular, or even better

Vegas yellow with BSP/Privacy Glass/Black Roof Rails/Pano-Roof...Black door mirror covers,will look awesome,think Audi will promote this colour on a lot of dealers S3 Demos?

Well, was looking at a deal on an auto saloon......

Couldnt get the deal because there is a long delay on the 7 speed box....if I order now, delivery wont be till November at the earliest.
By that time, they wont give me what they are currently offering for mine against a manual.....so Im gonna forget it, especially as they dont do sepang anymore and I will miss mine!

Reactions: batch and pburv

@Kugaman1 - Agreed, big time :thumbs up:

When I've finished with my S4, its replacement will more than likely be a new S3 saloon
However, I don't like any of the colours on the FL S3 saloon & I ain't paying £2k+ for privilege of an exclusive colour
Lets just hope by the time I'm ready for one they've added an exclusive colour to the range, similar to what they did when they introduced sepango to the S3's, a MY update

Would I have sepango again? In a shot!

Vegas yellow. Like it, but couldn't live with it. So its a no from me

vegas-yellow-s3-3dr-2-jpg.80390

yellows3saloon-jpg.38412

Whoever gets one is gonna have to put up with all the 'Bananaman' jokes too lol

Reactions: Kugaman1 and pburv
Tango red is very close to Misano red. There is nothing remotely close to Sepang Blue :(

Just ordered a tango red , a lot lot deeper than Misano , Misano really comes into its own when washed and polished , big mistake removing it. As ever my 2 cents

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk