Papps Audi S3 Sprint Blue 2007

19E994DF-E48B-4295-A4B1-1AFDDEBB8402_zpskgvr858d.jpg
8ECF5228-AE08-4BD7-BBF2-06E463F1F62B_zpsblqyxwrh.jpg
See no wiper :)
And this is it back from the body shop with the rs6 custom grill

Reactions: NFox, HHS3, CrypticS3 and 1 other person
Looks well. Who did your grill and did you use one of the cheaper ebay RS6 replica grills?

I was planning on doing this myself when I fit my black grill. Chop the standard grill slats out and get an ebay honeycomb to bond onto it.

Looks well. Who did your grill and did you use one of the cheaper ebay RS6 replica grills?

I was planning on doing this myself when I fit my black grill. Chop the standard grill slats out and get an ebay honeycomb to bond onto it.
A look custom body work place, Tiki Customs, he hated doing it though haha, and yeah it's a replica but doesn't even look like it to me.

That looks ace mate, nicely done. Would you mind briefly explaining how they did it please? As in did they do what CrypticS3 is going to (cut out slats, bond RS6 to existing surround) or remove & replace the entire grill jobby?

That looks ace mate, nicely done. Would you mind briefly explaining how they did it please? As in did they do what CrypticS3 is going to (cut out slats, bond RS6 to existing surround) or remove & replace the entire grill jobby?
Pretty much what you just said :)

@HHS3

I'm planning on taking my standard grill, cutting the slats out but leaving the solid outer and finding a cheap eBay replica RS6 (C6) grill and chopping the honeycomb out of that then bonding that into what is left of the S3 grill. I have that brand new Black grill anyway so when that is fitted I'll be having a go at this and will try to document the process. Will be a fair mission though. Just as well I treated myself to a new Dremel (Don't tell the missus :sly:)

Reactions: HHS3
It's both haha

Ah I see! I was just being lazy wanting it to be possible to do without having to remove the entire grill. I bought the BE Optics grill off a fellow forum member for my 07 S3 and love it, I like the honeycomb more though as it matches the pre-facelift fog grills and none of the licence plate holder is visible after the plate is fitted.

@HHS3

I'm planning on taking my standard grill, cutting the slats out but leaving the solid outer and finding a cheap eBay replica RS6 (C6) grill and chopping the honeycomb out of that then bonding that into what is left of the S3 grill. I have that brand new Black grill anyway so when that is fitted I'll be having a go at this and will try to document the process. Will be a fair mission though. Just as well I treated myself to a new Dremel (Don't tell the missus :sly:)

Sounds like you've got a complicated project on your hands! All the best buddy and let us know how you get on :salute:

Reactions: Lapapps
The crash bar should be painted black, which is happening soon :)

Have you got a video of the chattering at all? I presume it's only at idle? My clutch is on 57K and for stage 2+, I'm torn between going for either a Sachs Organic Clutch & LUK DMF however organic clutches do not like launches, or a Spec Clutch & SMF which can take a beating but chatter at idle.
You can kinda hear the smf a little bit in this video, it does chat. It's just at the end, 1:46

You can kinda hear the smf a little bit in this video, it does chat. It's just at the end, 1:46

Thanks for uploading mate, much appreciated.

It doesn't seem that harsh to be fair, what is it like from inside the car? I've always got my music playing so would probably never hear it anyway.

Thanks for uploading mate, much appreciated.

It doesn't seem that harsh to be fair, what is it like from inside the car? I've always got my music playing so would probably never hear it anyway.
With music you won't hear it, but you will notice it without, you won't hear it when moving though

So a few things have happened, KSport brakes is the big thing, and then ADI track day :)
488C1A00-87E8-420A-8812-C27ECCDF912B_zpsbgiiuxev.jpg
3AA10307-F909-49C2-A006-7011C6A45D1F_zpsk4ftdlfu.jpg
F3A4EC5B-C951-4E61-AB23-C107907E14A1_zpsnwv1frph.jpg
441662DC-918A-48A6-B48C-0B9C5E7BBD2D_zpslqfe51cl.jpg
CE49BCEB-1627-4912-8FEF-A06E142BF457_zpsw4j7spqb.jpg
42C1827A-661B-4968-85A7-6C85273F9459_zpsq0bqmu6v.jpg
7819C5B6-4B77-4D09-8BE9-927635C52737_zpsaum4dgi3.jpg
627BECF9-B5E0-418C-B541-BC1508A15DCE_zps2jq0qdtn.jpg

With music you won't hear it, but you will notice it without, you won't hear it when moving though

Nice one thanks for the info.

Your S3 is looking mint in those latest pics, the black mirror caps are well suited.

Those k sports look epic mate

Reactions: Lapapps
Nice one thanks for the info.

Your S3 is looking mint in those latest pics, the black mirror caps are well suited.
They are carbon wrapped atm, tempted to get them hydro dipped.

Also a set of JR22 5x112 18x8.5 et40 are tempting my wallet....

Grill looks great, where do you put the number plate? Or do you just keep it in the window?

Was the grill hard to make or does it just take time and patience? Wanting to do mine.