xenon headlight adapter

cannywingate

Reaction score
hello just bought a set of xenon headlights for my car but when plugged in and turn on ignition the drls should come on but they don't just the sidelights are on but not the drls and no other lights work nothing at all had a look at the coding and it looks as if coding not needed as the code i need to change is all ready a 2 (bi xenons with drls) but my car is halogen just wondering if there is a few different adapter cables as if i plug them in to a audi a6 all lights come on as they should exept drls as this car didnt have them so i know the headlights and ballasts work ok just not in my b7 but do in a audi a6 any help before i wast money buying a new harness only to find its the same as what i have thanks

Thanks for your reply so I'm looking at a different adapter harness the lights came with a harness but don't seem to be for my car as for the 2wires I haven't put them in yet as they are for high beam to work ? and the code for vcds it looks as if xenons are turned on if I am wrong can some one advise so hopefully it's just the wrong harness

I haven't done this yet as still looking for a minty mint set of Xenons.....but I know @dimitar.tuntov.5 has fitted Xenons so he maybe able to help.

Have a quick look at that guide as the two wires need to be plugged into the control module so the bulbs ignite.

bought the new harness just hope its different to the one i have just have to wait for it to arrive from germany but thanks for the help

Reactions: carlcall
you need adaptors and yes two wires going to the module under steering ! You have to poke then under archer and put them into pin number 31/32 if i remmmember right !
The you need to code them with vcds otherwise you will haven't got full beam !
Let me know if you need more help !

Reactions: carlcall
And forgot to mention - make sure you buy the correct harness - B7 halogen to bi-xenon!
The one from B6 is different - don't ask me how i know !
After that the coding i think is 00041 mine - so DRL at the front, lights at the back + number plates light all the time !
If you don't want that 00021

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hello got new harness and it turns out it is the same as i already have so a waste of £40 both harnesses are identical tried to change software coding again to 00021 but nothing changed the only thing that changed was with 00021 when i turned ignition off the ignition stopped on and the side lights stopped on as well until i remove the key then they go out they are the only lights that work instead of drls lights coming on with ignition on just sidelight bulbs do and no other bulbs work indicators , headlights or side lights with ignition off nothing at all i'm puzzled am i doing the coding wrong ? but even before i change coding when i turn ignition on the sidelights come on and when i received the new harness it has a sticker on saying for b6 to b7 but it did'nt say anything on the add about b6 at the min i dont think it is the right harness for my car with nothing working apart from the sidelight bulb but i may be wrong can anyone shed some light on this just hoping its something simple but knowing my luck it wont be thanks

You need harness B7 halogen to B7 bi-xenon !
I think that i stated clearly on my previous post ! From B6 is different so just took B7 halogen-xenon ! Ask them for returning and exchange !

Hello I orderd b7 to b7 that is what they sent me I dident think it was the right one I contacted them straightaway but got no reply but I'm not giving up thanks

Reactions: dimitar.tuntov.5
I'm not giving up if they don't reply this time as I stated in the 2 emails I sent them I will open a dispute with PayPal but on the add it never mentioned b6 or I would not have bought them but thanks for all your help

had a good look on ebay for the right harness but even tho they state b7 most say in compatible cars they still fit a b6 so im getting confused :tearsofjoy: even the ones you pointed out to me say it fits a b6 if you understand me thanks again :sos:

I understand you buy first set which i bought it says B6-B7 and same as You only sidelight and hazards working !
Do you want me to find exactly my listing of what i bought ? Was 2 years ago and will be a bit hard but can try

as you can understand my head is mashed :tearsofjoy: they all say fit b7 and b6 so confused at witch ones to buy just dont want to wast any more money it would be a lot of help even if its just for the part no thanks

As its not an official Audi part (retrofits don't exist in their world) part numbers won't help – but you can see here that there is definitely a difference between B6 and B7 (Kufatec site).

https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/audi/a4/a4-b7-8e/xenon-hid-curve-light-adapter-audi-seat

https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/audi/a4/a4-b6-8e/bi-xenon-headlights-adapter-audi-a4-b6-8e

Maybe confusion with a B6 with front end conversion? : https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/a...headlights-adapter-audi-a4-b6-a4-b7-headlight

Thanks for your reply I am on about part number for the aftermarket part just so I can look up against the ones off eBay but thanks

Yes but I think you'll struggle as a lot are just made up from the various bits and sold as a unit. So maybe go by the kufatec part numbers in the links?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think if you're harness has the trailing yellow wires then it will be the right one. Have you pulled the wires through to the central electrics yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

no have not bother'd with pulling the yellow wire though yet as that is for the high beam switch and it is not the right harness i got off ebay as they all have the yellow wire on them even if it is for b6 or b7 defo sent wrong cable nothing works at all with this harness apart from the side lights come on instead of drls and when you try to put just side lights on nothing comes on but thank you anyway

finally got the correct harness and headlights work as they should thanks for the help and managed to get all my money bk of the first harness and gave me more money bk than it cost to post bk and the new one was cheaper so win win

Glad you got it sorted in the end....by chance which one did you get in the end as other people may find it helpful at a later date.

the only thing i can say is on the add it says for audi a4 cars built 2005 to 2007 but contacted seller to confirm before i bought it .

finally got round to fitting me headlights all working as they should. makes a big difference am lovin the look now
IMG headlights
IMG headlights 1

Reactions: gary_a4_quattro, Marc B7, carlcall and 1 other person