Front bumper mod...

lol @ 16!!!! That badboy isnt going anywhere!

pablo said:
lol @ 16!!!! That badboy isnt going anywhere!

:)

My old Leon used to catch this splitter on everything! As the A3 is going down about 30mm soon, i want to make sure that when it does scrape it ain't gonna come off!

Self tappers? Into what? The underside of the painted part of the bumper?

Has anyone got a picture of this unattached to a car? and whats the part no. please?

1ndy said:
Has anyone got a picture of this unattached to a car? and whats the part no. please?
Part no listed earlier in this thread.As i have a black car a3 not s3 i thought i would spray lower bumper in body colour,bumper grille sections in satin black and grille surround also satin black and fit the splitter.I would like the deep reiger bumper,but i can't justify the cost atm.I am considering changing to 1 piece main lamps too,i don't really want angel type replacements,but it looks like they are the cheapest and easiest to fit(ie no cutting of metal and wiring that plugs straight in)Has anybody tried any new style lamps,as old ones are crap at lighting up the road,also what are the options on black type or chrome ones?

Tallpaul said:
IMG_0106-1.jpg

Not sure if it suits the shape of the bumper or not, what do you guys think?
its sitting quite far back isnt it? (imo of course)

need to get pics of mine up but mine is on sorta like in pablo's pics.

apologies missed the post with the part no. and just saw a pic on ebay!

they sell for around £30!!

1ndy said:
apologies missed the post with the part no. and just saw a pic on ebay!

they sell for around £30!!
as its £20 from a seat dealer. thats ebay for ya!

skanky said:
as its £20 from a seat dealer. thats ebay for ya!

Tell me about it!!

Whats all this about cutting?? sounds a bit tricky!!

skanky said:
its sitting quite far back isnt it? (imo of course)

need to get pics of mine up but mine is on sorta like in pablo's pics.

A bit, looks more discreet with it though. All i did was line up the thin ridge at the top of the splitter with edge of the flat underside of the bumper. Any furrther forward and didn't look like it'd sit flush. How did you finish yours at the wheel arches? Defo not happy with the way i've done it, for the sake of £20 i might buy another one and try a differant finish.

i cut mine at the back just before the little flap bit so its sits nicely against the flap and looks great :)

Chaps, I just collected the splitter and tried measuring it up - as advised its too long and will need cutting at the ends. But what did you guys do about the two vertical plastic columns in the middle? do you need to cut into the bumber to allow these to attach? any help / advice is appreciated. thanks

you're probably best off cutting down the plastic columns, since im in bizzaro-world, i decided to cut into the bumper and poke the columns through, for a bit more rigidity.

Love the mod guys, looks great in my opinion..may have to visit my local friendly SEAT dealer again :salute:

Craig

skanky said:
you're probably best off cutting down the plastic columns, since im in bizzaro-world, i decided to cut into the bumper and poke the columns through, for a bit more rigidity.

LOL - I must be in the same bizzaro-world as I was thinking of doing just that!

do you mean cutting the columns completely off or just the tops?

is there any other options?

thanks again ;)

mine is coming on tuesday, see how it looks then decide if im happy enough with it to keep it or if i need a new front bumper

IMO it looks best on a black car. Im still going to have a pop at fitting mine this weekend just need clarification on trimming and cutting sections!

;)

i cut the 2 columns down and chopped a little bit off each end. didnt fancy butchering my bumper any more than I have to.

I fitted mine yesterday,also colourcoded lower bumper and reprayed grilles and surround in satin black.I'm very pleased with it,looks great on black cars,it gives the car a more aggressive look.All for £17.00 plus some cans of paint,nice one guys.

what paint did you use for the lower bumper? was it just a case of 'cowboy'ing it or are you a spraypainter?

you got any pics mate? the plastic part of my front bumper is ******** anyway so i might just spray it and see how it comes out, cant be any worse than what it already is lol

pablo said:
i cut the 2 columns down and chopped a little bit off each end. didnt fancy butchering my bumper any more than I have to.

Thanks Pablo - does that mean you cut the columns off entirely?

anyone know the part number for a s3 lower bumper + grill set like in pablo's pic instead of the a3 style, like tallpaul's (and mine).

thanks.

1ndy said:
Thanks Pablo - does that mean you cut the columns off entirely?

no mate just enough so that they sat flush to the bumper.

OK thanks - will got and butcher the little ****** right now!!! hehehe ;)