I am Torn....

AndyB-S3

Reaction score
No, not between my wife or an RS3 but between..

Black or Blue...

I currently have an Panther Black S3 I really love it however I have admired Sepang since I 1st seen it in the flesh so I am being drawn towards this due to fact I have already had 3 blacks in a row..

These are the 2 in question..

Blue..
VehicleImage VehicleImage 1 VehicleImage 2

Black..
VehicleImage 3 VehicleImage 5 VehicleImage 7 VehicleImage 4

http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/use...ackburn/605625812-36740.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/use...reading/605707558-12312.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

There is approx £1700 a difference with blue being cheaper but the black has slightly better spec..

aaaarrrggghhh wish I never started looking now!! haha it's just too difficult!! :(

But there is just something with the black that has me hooked... so mean looking!!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Sepang for me. I have seen the all black option in the flesh and it didn't do it for me.

Reactions: Radman and AndyB-S3
Blue for me, plenty of standard black A3`s out there.

Reactions: Radman and AndyB-S3
None. Find a Floret Silver one and get that. :friends:
But out of these two? Blue!

Reactions: Radman, birch_security, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
I am actually going to look at a Daytona on Saturday in perth audi. (Directors car with 1400 miles, £44k)..
Just for a shot and see if i really need the supersport seats or not. That would broaden the search for one of happy with standard seats.

Reactions: Scottyg
The above one is cheaper but more miles. You can be sure that if the director has had it then it will have been well looked after. Well, you'd hope so! What spec has the Perth Audi one got over or under the others?

Reactions: AndyB-S3
The above one is cheaper but more miles. You can be sure that if the director has had it then it will have been well looked after. Well, you'd hope so! What spec has the Perth Audi one got over or under the others?
It has tech pack, sound and comfort along with dynamic, few others things.. Most things i want but missing super seats, black pack and privacy glass.

...and see if i really need the supersport seats or not.
The regular seats have an adjustable headrest which the sports ones don't. I have the sports seats and the headrest position is useless and I wish I could move it.

@AndyB-S3 - Sepango, but I am a little biased :D

My car OCD can't handle black cars. They look stunning when clean but its keeping 'em clean is my problem

Reactions: Radman, Snake Pliskin, AndyB-S3 and 1 other person
Both look ace.

Super sports seats really add a touch of class to the interior IMO and I think they are ultra comfortable & supportive.

Reactions: Radman, Scottyg and AndyB-S3
AndyT. Not sure i ever use my headrests anyway..don't think they are even set right. Lol.

Yeah BH i think you are just a wee ticky biased...haha. yeah it is a ****** keeping clean but that shine tho when done!! Hubba...

Snake that's exactly why am holding off on just picking any old car..they really do look awesome! Haven't sat on them yet so looking forward to that too..

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Radman and Snake Pliskin
AndyT. Not sure i ever use my headrests anyway..don't think they are even set right. Lol.

Yeah BH i think you are just a wee ticky biased...haha. yeah it is a ****** keeping clean but that shine tho when done!! Hubba...

Snake that's exactly why am holding off on just picking any old car..they really do look awesome! Haven't sat on them yet so looking forward to that too..

Whatever you do mate .... do not compromise on spec !

I'm lucky if you wanna call it that lol that I had a 7 month wait to ponder my spec and changed it 3 times - each time adding more to the price. But so glad I went the extra mile as the car is perfect.

Things like the seats are important so defo make sure you try the super sports seats out. Some say they offer nothing over the standard seats, but for me they certainly offer better support (it may depend on body shape) & they look pretty amazing too.

Dynamic pack is s must for me - no need to elaborate on this I don't think :)

I upgraded to the gloss black alloys and glad I did as I love em ! Privacy glass was a must for me too as was black styling pack ... Just contrasted really well with the floret paint IMO. Black mirror caps were the finishing touch to compete the black look & totally de-chrome.

Both the cars you are considering look very nice & well specced though - just ponder what extras are key essentials to you then go for the colour which you are drawn to most.

At the end of the day, you'll have that glorious 5 cylinder engine / power / soundtrack so won't go wrong ... so snap one up quick before they're all gone :yes:

Reactions: Eigdoog, Scottyg, Radman and 1 other person
I've specced Nardo with black pack, black mirrors etc, but the titanium wheels. I'm really debating if whether to go for the gloss black alloys...seen lovely photos of it with both alloy wheels.

I tried both seat options out before buying, actually preferred the look of the headrest and shape of the non sports seats, but having sat in them both and looked at the overall appearance of the sports ones, they feel and look better in my opinion now. I think they fit the image better, let's face it we don't buy these motors for comfort.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and AndyB-S3
I've specced Nardo with black pack, black mirrors etc, but the titanium wheels. I'm really debating if whether to go for the gloss black alloys...seen lovely photos of it with both alloy wheels.

Both look great & just depends what your drawn to most. I wanted the total black contrast on my car against the silver paint but the titanium alloys look really nice too.
Me personally ... I would add go gloss black on your car as looks ace against nardo with everything else black .......

Reactions: Dazzeroo, Scottyg, AndyB-S3 and 2 others
Whatever you do mate .... do not compromise on spec !

I'm lucky if you wanna call it that lol that I had a 7 month wait to ponder my spec and changed it 3 times - each time adding more to the price. But so glad I went the extra mile as the car is perfect.

Things like the seats are important so defo make sure you try the super sports seats out. Some say they offer nothing over the standard seats, but for me they certainly offer better support (it may depend on body shape) & they look pretty amazing too.

Dynamic pack is s must for me - no need to elaborate on this I don't think :)

I upgraded to the gloss black alloys and glad I did as I love em ! Privacy glass was a must for me too as was black styling pack ... Just contrasted really well with the floret paint IMO. Black mirror caps were the finishing touch to compete the black look & totally de-chrome.

Both the cars you are considering look very nice & well specced though - just ponder what extras are key essentials to you then go for the colour which you are drawn to most.

At the end of the day, you'll have that glorious 5 cylinder engine / power / soundtrack so won't go wrong ... so snap one up quick before they're all gone :yes:
Yip yip and yip.. i actually just want your car just not brave enough to ask for it..haha.

Tbh i am in zero rush so if i have to wait to get exactly what I want then so be it..

Ideal spec is roughly :

Black pack
Privacy glass
Tech pack (have it already in s3 and prefer bigger screen)
Comfort and sound pack.
Interior lighting upgrade.
Black alloys
Super seats
Dynamic pack
Like the idea of advanced key but not 100% sure.
Probably some other bits an bobs too but tbc.

Not much then and am sure there are loads kicking around with the very spec. ;-)

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
IMG 0308

Reactions: Dazzeroo, Bristle Hound, nick_grice and 6 others
That looks rather nice!!! Darn you rs3 owners and every colour you own. Haha

Thats the titanium ones on same spec .The grey colour of alloy is very similar to the Nardo colour of car. Both look good but I prefer titanium obviously.

I never went for SSport seats.Had them on S3 and thought they were a bit pricey. Totally regret not getting them now on RS3.
Also saw one in the flesh with that red RS styling package interior and it looks superb.Real quality without being OTT.
Its ok saying don't compromise on spec but you have to try and stop the price getting out of control as come trade in time the stealers give you next to nowt on options.:haudrauf:

Reactions: Terminator x and AndyB-S3
Yip yip and yip.. i actually just want your car just not brave enough to ask for it..haha.

Tbh i am in zero rush so if i have to wait to get exactly what I want then so be it..

Ideal spec is roughly :

Black pack
Privacy glass
Tech pack (have it already in s3 and prefer bigger screen)
Comfort and sound pack.
Interior lighting upgrade.
Black alloys
Super seats
Dynamic pack
Like the idea of advanced key but not 100% sure.
Probably some other bits an bobs too but tbc.

Not much then and am sure there are loads kicking around with the very spec. ;-)

Nice spec ... yeah you'll definitely find one which should match that for sure so just a case of deciding colour ... & lol at wanting mine cheers but sorry it's not available :)

There is a stock Natdo at Aberdeen right now. See Audi Scotland Facebook page for info.
In the meantime.....

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Snake Pliskin, nick_grice and 2 others
I know I am slightly biased but I feel blue gives the car a classier look and looks so different in different lighting. Like I said, there isn't a bad colour but it's blue for me. Obviously

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and AndyB-S3
The Nardo with the BSP and the black alloys looks the nuts. As does the Floret Silver with the above options.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and AndyB-S3
Speaking of not compromising on spec, for those people not renting their cars, dynamic package is an absolute must. When I was pricing up cars, the lack of the dynamic pack (which was rare tbf), seemed to hit the resale price at least as much as it would have cost in the first place. You might save £1,500 at purchase time, but you lose at least £2,000 come resale.

I know I am slightly biased but I feel blue gives the car a classier look and looks so different in different lighting. Like I said, there isn't a bad colour but it's blue for me. Obviously

I quite like blue, too...

RS3 WHEEL

Reactions: Kelza, RCD6FC, Scottyg and 2 others
Yip
Just off it .
you?

Pollokshields, same street as Sherbrooke castle hotel. Driven by your house a million times mate . Couple of friends live at the top of lethington. Always used to see the m3 parked the drive and think " he's nuts, the BMW handbrakes are sh*t!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scottyg
Pollokshields, same street as Sherbrooke castle hotel. Driven by your house a million times mate . Couple of friends live at the top of lethington. Always used to see the m3 parked the drive and think " he's nuts, the BMW handbrakes are sh*t!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha Ha
Small world right enough.
Ill be looking out for you in the M4

Reactions: billyali86
So.. an interesting day!!

Test drive was amazing! Even though the car did not have sports exhaust it sounded well better than I anticipated.

So the car itself was a great bit of kit and lovely in Daytona grey with lunar seats, liked it much more than thought I would.

After discussing spec etc the salesman informed me of an rs3 coming in soon, currently scheduled for build next week..we looked at spec and effectively it was £48.5k car but again no dynamic pack.. we used this as a basis though and looked at finance etc and tbh i am very keen to go ahead with a pcp deal..

So after looking at spec and speaking to business manager the salesman came back through and said he has another rs3 coming in..due into perth next week and i could collect it shortly after... omg my heart was pounding when he was teasing me with the spec..
Sepang..check
Dynamic..check
Upgrade black wheels..check
Tech pack..check
Comfort and sound..check

All going so well...

Black pack..No.. ;-(
Advanced key..No..
Pan roof..no..

Although these are not necessary i really want what I want in a £50k car.. so i am going to wait it out and build exactly what i want!!

Anyhow long story short..i am not getting an rs3 anytime soon but as soon as order books open i am going to be 1st on the list!! ;-)

Happy days. ;-)

Reactions: Dazzeroo, billyali86 and Snake Pliskin
I love it when they wheel the "business manager" out to lean on the customer a bit.

It's a huge purchase. You did right waiting to get exactly what you want. You most definitely want to dynamic pack!

Reactions: AndyB-S3 and Dazzeroo
Reactions: hood
So.. an interesting day!!

Test drive was amazing! Even though the car did not have sports exhaust it sounded well better than I anticipated.

So the car itself was a great bit of kit and lovely in Daytona grey with lunar seats, liked it much more than thought I would.

After discussing spec etc the salesman informed me of an rs3 coming in soon, currently scheduled for build next week..we looked at spec and effectively it was £48.5k car but again no dynamic pack.. we used this as a basis though and looked at finance etc and tbh i am very keen to go ahead with a pcp deal..

So after looking at spec and speaking to business manager the salesman came back through and said he has another rs3 coming in..due into perth next week and i could collect it shortly after... omg my heart was pounding when he was teasing me with the spec..
Sepang..check
Dynamic..check
Upgrade black wheels..check
Tech pack..check
Comfort and sound..check

All going so well...

Black pack..No.. ;-(
Advanced key..No..
Pan roof..no..

Although these are not necessary i really want what I want in a £50k car.. so i am going to wait it out and build exactly what i want!!

Anyhow long story short..i am not getting an rs3 anytime soon but as soon as order books open i am going to be 1st on the list!! ;-)

Happy days. ;-)

Glad you enjoyed the test drive mate :)

You do right sticking to your guns and not compromising on main spec. At least you know exactly what you want and agree at this price level you want it to be perfect for you.

Hope you don't have to wait too long ... but can assure you the wait is most certainly worth it :)