S3 scream

Grant1974

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post on here, so here goes!

Have an S3, and have had the Revo upgrade completed on it- only the software part- no hardware upgrades.

Before I got it done, had the MAF sensor replaced (broken), and a new diverter valve (cant remember the name, but its alloy rather than plastic).

The Revo dealer insisted these were fixed before the upgrade was completed, as these were the error codes.

Since having it done, at full boost (about 3500rpm) the engine will give an induction type 'scream', which I didnt have before.

He tells me I need a sports exhaust to solve it, but that doesnt sound right. It sounds like an issue with air going into the engine, not out.

I did wonder if it may be the diverter valve releasing some excess pressure?

I have already changed the air filter for a K and N one to see if that made a difference (which it didnt).

Appreciate your help guys.

Maybe a collapsing turbo induction pipe?

Is there any way I can tell if thats the issue? Would that be the effect of the Revo upgrade?

not easily. There was a video floating around of it collapsing under high revs/boost.

Its a common problem when cars are remapped. you can get a silicone replacement from forge motorsport or a samco branded one that cures the problem, or you can modify your original part internally with a metal sleeve.

Have you checked all your connections? Are there any lose pipe... jubilee clips not tightened properly?

I was under the impression it was only a matter of time before the T.I.P. collapsed after having major power upgrades.

Here's the video of the T.I.P. collapsing, it's a link to the download from the Forge website so either go there to the media section or click this to see it:
Video

I dont think its just the turbo noise- the K&N does make a little more noise, but its not really noticeable, and I am used to the turbo noise.

Thought someone might have thought it was the diverter valve, as it does occur more when you suddenly boost the car- why do people fit them on back to front?

Wll have to download that video at home- work believe I should be working, and wont let it!

I'd go for a split in one of your intercooler hoses or has it even blown off due to the jubilee clip not being tight enough with the extra power

If it was a split in the hoses, would it not happen all the time?

I also notice you have a boost gauge- is that a simple thing to get installed?