Wheel style and fitment advice

Y90CBED

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Been a B8 owner for around a month now and loving it! I find it such an improvement over the B7, wish I had made the change quicker!

Anyways, I have recently changed the grille to an RS Grille - With thanks to @ScottishS3 for his useful guide! I have also debadged the back end leaving just the Audi logo and it has a much cleaner look.

I am now looking at a change of wheel! I am currently running the older style RS4 wheel in silver which I don't mind but I had the same style on my B7 so I fancy a change...

I will be going for a darker theme on the B8 slowly changing the chrome over eventually - I would like a darker OEM wheel to go with my theme and have come up with the 3 choices below...Trust me I like the first set then change my mind then again and again between these three!! Also struggling to find any photos of S line standard suspension with any of these wheels.

Unfortunately the wheels that I am planning to purchase will be reps due to current budget.

Question is what is the best fitment? I have been looking at 19x8.5J ET 35 as we speak for the Rotors and V spokes, is this the maximum offset fitment for the S Line Model of the B8? As I dont want the wheels being too wide and stupid for the car and If I do eventually lower the car I dont want it to look silly?

Although I am looking down the 19’s route - what is the maximum offsets/widths for 20’s also?

Any advice on Tyre sizes would be appreciated too.

Thanks for your help guys – any opinion welcome

V spokes:

Audi4

RS6 Wheels:

Audi5

Rotors:

Audi6

How my B8 currently sits:

Audi3 Audi2

Last edited:
Reactions: James.B8 and ScottishA4B9
Et 35 will be a little poke/aggresive on standard height, isn't a bad thing if you like that :) you planning to lower or add camber? I wouldn't go lower than 35 though. Between 35 - 42 is the b8 et zone.

I run Et35 on a 10j, is my personal fav fitment with air as it just tucks when i air out .. Just, but only with rear camber and stretch, 8.5 will be a little less poke and less stretch required.

Attachments

• DSC_1764.JPG
    DSC_1764.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 225
Reactions: Y90CBED
Thanks for the advise Meemo! Wow love the car!

I am not planning to lower the B8 as we speak but the last time I said this about a car it did happen lol

Thanks for the advice – I know OEM Audi wheels normally range in the early 40’s with regards to offset, I was getting too worried that ET35 would be well beyond the body of the B8 and would look a bit silly on S line height....

Do you think I would require Stretch on 19x8.5 ET35 if the car was lowered?

Thanks for the advise Meemo! Wow love the car!

I am not planning to lower the B8 as we speak but the last time I said this about a car it did happen lol

Thanks for the advice – I know OEM Audi wheels normally range in the early 40’s with regards to offset, I was getting too worried that ET35 would be well beyond the body of the B8 and would look a bit silly on S line height....

Do you think I would require Stretch on 19x8.5 ET35 if the car was lowered?

No problem and Thank you :) If you are planning standard height, I would try something closer to 40 if there is available in the design you want, 35 will stick out further the higher you are and give the tractor effect lol the picture i sent is my driving height and is much lower than the sline suspension I had before, if i air up high looks very funny.
but if you plan to lower in the future then 35 is a good offset.

oh, and yes you would need a little stretch if it is lowered and you want et35, and the front arches rolled.
I love the rotors, but everyone seems to have a set. so by that thought pattern, the rs6's in anthracite would be my choice :)

Reactions: Chop. and V6 Quatt
oh, and yes you would need a little stretch if it is lowered and you want et35, and the front arches rolled.
I love the rotors, but everyone seems to have a set. so by that thought pattern, the rs6's in anthracite would be my choice :)

What tyres you running on your et35 10j's??

ET35 9J 20 /

235 /30/20 Tyres also check out Audizine for members cars with different fitments
2015 09 20 140427
inch

Reactions: Meemo and Chop.
What tyres you running on your et35 10j's??

235/35 on the 10s, Goodyear f1s have a good amount of rim protector so doesnt look silly stretch and the lips arent exposed to get stone chips. ran 235/35 with vredesteins last and the lips was exposed, the f1s are definately better for protection and stretch well.

Reactions: V6 Quatt
Thanks for the advice guys, got a lot of fitment info here!

@V6 Quatt – Your Fitment looks awesome! To be running that sort of size/width though did you require any camber adjustment?? Or just a 4-wheel alignment after lowering?? I am guessing you have gone for coilovers over springs. How is the comfort side?

The RS4 wheels I am currently running are on 255/35/19“ on stock S line suspension. I have the option of buying 19“x 8.J ET35 wheels and using the same tyres on my current Alloys. I do love 20’s though.

I think 20’s will require the car to be lowered. I need to go away and consider if I will eventually lower the car before I purchase some wheels as the fitment matters – could always buy spacers if need be though!

I love the V-Spokes and RS6 wheels but I am a fussy sod and only think these wheels will work in 20’s and with lower profile tyres and Lows! I think I need to consider what I want to do as I want to get this right first time.

Last edited:
"@V6 Quatt – Your Fitment looks awesome! To be running that sort of size/width though did you require any camber adjustment?? Or just a 4-wheel alignment after lowering?? I am guessing you have gone for coilovers over springs. How is the comfort side?
Camber Adjustmenst will be rear only and should be part of the alignment process when springs or coilovers are installed."

Answer your questions:
From my experience the camber can be adjusted on the rears and I get even tyre wear. The front is static, so you may need adjustable camber arms depending on how low you go. You must also consider the tyre profile which you can choose between 35 or 30 profile for rim protection and comfort. Hi have used both profiles and 35's seem better but good tyres on 30's are fine too. Each tyre brand can differ depends on the tyre wall height!!

Ride and Comfort- Through advice I went for Coilovers which can be fully adjusted for Height and Dampening, So the ride quality is improved over stock...plus you can get the car sitting exactly here you want it to.... hope this helps

235/35 on the 10s, Goodyear f1s have a good amount of rim protector so doesnt look silly stretch and the lips arent exposed to get stone chips. ran 235/35 with vredesteins last and the lips was exposed, the f1s are definately better for protection and stretch well.
Cool thanks as I may go 10j next with this set up...can you post close up as I have F1s on mine at the moment

got some KIND OF close shots from where i put my dust cap covers on shows the depth of the rim protector well but not the thickness. My instagram has much more pictures of it side on.

24455206774_5abf13339b_c.jpg

26383317446_730e29b6fc_b.jpg
26316898702_498a33f718_b.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/audi_manda/

Reactions: V6 Quatt, Stanningtonglen and James.B8