THE MAN WITH THE BIGGEST ARMS

DIPS_A4

SEAT LEON CUPRA R (225)
Reaction score
did any one watch that last nite on ch 5? about gregg valentino. dam that was some horrible video of him takin his blood out his arm. that program put me off steroids. i was so temped to use them because im into bodybuilding and have hit a stage where im stuggleing to put on mass. after watching that no to steroids ill just stick to maximuscle supplements :weight_lift2:

Didn't see it, will it be repeated?

I've trained on and off since my mid teens, but have NEVER gone on the gear (though many people I know have).

There's a few lads on the gear at my gym now,........but I'VE got the 1RM bench-press record :biggrin:

Lots of good food and sleep is the key.

I've tried virtually every supplement known to man (all the powders/amino acids/creatines etc etc), and they just didn't work for me at all, they just drained my wallet LOL!! ;)

damn i missed this, would've liked to of seen it. I was also into bodybuilding a while ago, until I did some real damage. Still like to do a bit now and then.

A good drink i used (or made) was egg whites, mixed with a bit of sugar :)

Still train 3 times a week tried supplements a few years ago but they just go straight through me.. DIPS A4 have you tried creatine. Never used it myself but I have seen some fantastic results in other people.

Creatine is the fastest Muscle builder

Use to be into this big time but now have no time work and famliy commitments take up most of my life

The right training program is the key as well ,working one area of muscles a night and always to failure and taking the creatine straight after work out

On body weight mass is very difficult to play about with as your metabolism controls your weight more than anything

Rev-head said:
working one area of muscles a night and always to failure and taking the creatine straight after work out

That CERTAINLY doesn't work for me, and won't for most others.

Everybody is different.

I'm doing a 5 day split at the moment (chest and biceps same night/shoulders, abs, traps another/back and triceps another etc).

I train heavy to failure two chest sessions in a row for example, but the 3rd session I drop the weight by at least 25% to pace my joints and so on. Some people even train one heavy/one light/one heavy/one light, but few people gain from training to failure EVERY session.

As far as the creatine goes (and I tried several), it just caused me water retention and gave me the ability to sit on the bog all day LOL!!

I made me laugh watchin that lad who must have been about the same age as me (19) saying how he was going to be the biggest man ever etc..

he didnt exactly have much of a frame to build on did he?!

Dan Gliballs said:
That CERTAINLY doesn't work for me, and won't for most others.

Everybody is different.

I'm doing a 5 day split at the moment (chest and biceps same night/shoulders, abs, traps another/back and triceps another etc).

I train heavy to failure two chest sessions in a row for example, but the 3rd session I drop the weight by at least 25% to pace my joints and so on. Some people even train one heavy/one light/one heavy/one light, but few people gain from training to failure EVERY session.

As far as the creatine goes (and I tried several), it just caused me water retention and gave me the ability to sit on the bog all day LOL!!

very true every one is different .........bog work out does not sound like fun:biggrin:

Saying working to failure is maybe a bit of overkill i must admit but i mean ,i know allot of guys that go to the gym and do the same routine day in day out but never push themselves maybe thats the point i am trying to put across

:beerchug:

I find forced negative reps the best way of training. tryed all types of supplements best protien is aviform uber whey non flav with nitrix oxide and bsn noxexplode. creatine works but once you off it muscles shrink and lose power and strength. i just been eatin more its seems to be going the trick. i find most big guys at gym who are on steroids look big but cant lift much. main thing to look after is the main muscle the heart with out a healthy one aint gunno be able to live very long.

DIPS_A4 said:
i find most big guys at gym who are on steroids look big but cant lift much. main thing to look after is the main muscle the heart with out a healthy one aint gunno be able to live very long.

Very true ;)

Rev-head said:
i know allot of guys that go to the gym and do the same routine day in day out but never push themselves maybe thats the point i am trying to put across

Yeah, I try to vary my choice of exercise/hand-grip width/seat angle/weight etc every 2-3 months to make sure I keep shocking the muscles differently and stop them from becomming complacent.

'Two heavy, and one light' is the general way for me though :)

Creatine is a very useful suppliment to use but does have it's limitations! If you take creatine cut out coffee, i.e if you train in the evening avoid coffee in the afternoon as caffiene eliminates it's effect.

If you do this and creatine still doesn't work try something called tribulus. It might work it might not. I know some people swear by it others say it is a crock.

Also those not making any gains are you eating enough protien? Don't forget you need a gram of protein for every pound of body weight!

Steriods - surely these are a no no? I hit the wall many times and it's down to your training and diet.

When work allows me to train hard I vary my routines every couple of months. Your body gets used to do a set routine.

So I vary it from an all over routine to a muscle group a night on a pyramid to a set of 6's to failure - keep upping the weight until you can;t comeplte a set of 6 and then work my way back down.

J.

Just thought i'd add my 2p worth, I train, although not enough due to work, I drink Met-Rx Supreme Whey, its packed with protein and tastes okay too.

I like to go heavier every time until failure and that gets me going, some nights I get a right buzz like i'm full of energy and can't get enough of it.

I used to be right into kickboxing and escrima, 4 times a week for 5 years, but moved away from the area where i used to train so its fallen by the wayside.
If you ever want a punishing regime, try boxing, its a killer to people not used to it and it builds explosive power which I think is the best type to have unless you load cement onto a lorry all day long....

Creatine is just supposed to lead to water retention so you'll get mass but no form or definition which is my aim. Toned and defined is much better than huge and bulky.

Also, while i remember, anyone used the russian kettles yet?
A trainer at my gym showed me a few moves with the 24kg one, unbelievable!

A4Quattro said:
Creatine is just supposed to lead to water retention so you'll get mass but no form or definition which is my aim. Toned and defined is much better than huge and bulky.

i agree with you i did like being bulky but now im training to get toned and lean feel more energetic n it just looks better to be cut n ripped. id love to have a build like Jonny Wilkinson the rugby player althletic is the way. :weight_lift2:

DIPS_A4 said:
id love to have a build like Jonny Wilkinson the rugby player althletic is the way. :weight_lift2:

Get on the gear then :biggrin:

Just about every muscular athelete you can think of is riddled with the stuff (same goes for popular Hollywood actors). A huge expensive cover-up is on-going to keep this quiet.

Jonny does more than eat well :thumbsup:

I think Gregg Valentino looked 5'5" wide too, very funny.

Not really worth it when he lost his wife and kids, home, then his next g/f got shot, he went to prison and now lives in a basement.

DIPS_A4 said:
I find forced negative reps the best way of training....
...can someone explain what this is? See what you mean about the effects of creatine, a work mate of mine put on about two stone and bulked up with a few weeks of using it then as soon as he ran out he went back to normal. This is an interesting thread for me as even though iv trained pretty solidly for about 9 years Ive never read any body building mags etc.. just gone by what Ive learned in the gym

forced negatives are when you for example training your chest you bring the barbell down relly slow feel that burn and push up quick and try to get 15 reps out of it keep to a weight which you can do 15 reps then do sum push ups stright after do that for 6 sets. then same applyed on incline chest. you can do negatives on any body part hardest ones are legs and tricep try that for 8 weeks trust me u will see and feel the difference in size and strength. go onto this site relly good info www.bodybuilding.com.

any idea if its repeated on sky any time soon, or can it be streamed/downloaded on the web? Gutted i missed it.

DIPS_A4 said:
forced negatives are when you for example training your chest you bring the barbell down relly slow feel that burn and push up quick and try to get 15 reps out of it keep to a weight which you can do 15 reps then do sum push ups stright after do that for 6 sets. then same applyed on incline chest. you can do negatives on any body part hardest ones are legs and tricep try that for 8 weeks trust me u will see and feel the difference in size and strength. go onto this site relly good info www.bodybuilding.com.

Have you tried '21's' yet with the barbell curls? :faint:

3-4 good sets of this and you end up looking like you're struggling to lift about 20KG on the last set,......................and that's always the time when the birds walk in lmao!!!!

yep used to do 21's... cains your arms! You see the results though

21'S feels relly good on biceps rush of blood with viens looks well good. makes you wanna push more weights i love when a fit bird walks by proper makes u train harder. :hubbahubba:

A set of 21 reps in 3 groups of 7.. you do 7 "bottom half" curls, then 7 "top half" curls then 7 full curls. By the time you get to the last group of 7 you feel pretty knackered, but your biceps look wicked. As mentioned your veins really pop up as well.

silver75 said:
but your biceps look wicked. As mentioned your veins really pop up as well.

Aye, but it's a ****** shame the veins don't STAY popped up!!!! :bye:

Anybody want to admit to doing some furious press-ups behind a beach-hut before strutting your *** down the water's edge? :lmfao:

to keep muscle pump and veins popped out for hours take a supplement called nitirc oxide no2 loads of supplement companys make it. its a form of a amino acid. i love takin it before training muscle hardness and pump stays around for hours.

DIPS_A4 said:
to keep muscle pump and veins popped out for hours take a supplement called nitirc oxide no2 loads of supplement companys make it. its a form of a amino acid. i love takin it before training muscle hardness and pump stays around for hours.

I never try stuff like that, never sure of the long term damage/blood pressure etc. I try to keep things as natural as possible these days :)

Do you DO a lot of 'DIPS' by the way? :biggrin:

21s are cool to do ......always a good way to make you go red

Dips is one of my favourite parts of my routine..dumbell weights hooked round your waste of course for pure pain:eyebrows:

Rev-head said:
21s are cool to do ......always a good way to make you go red

Just done 3 sets like this at the gym a couple of hours ago funnily enough. This time I stuck to the same weight though (after my heavy low rep sets) but then did a set of 18's, then a set of 15's. Then some lovely hammer curls to finish ;)

Rev-head said:
Dips is one of my favourite parts of my routine..dumbell weights hooked round your waste of course for pure pain:eyebrows:

As your training partner clings on to your ankles LOL!!

dgannon69 said:
I made me laugh watchin that lad who must have been about the same age as me (19) saying how he was going to be the biggest man ever etc..

he didnt exactly have much of a frame to build on did he?!

Youd be surprised mate..Some of the best bodybuilder were small framed!
He did mention about taking bodybuilding up on a serious level..mentioned steroids etc..this will include Growth hormone which most proffesionals use.. and will make one grow extensively, including the frame of the body..

s3shabs said:
..this will include Growth hormone which most proffesionals use.. and will make one grow extensively, including the frame of the body..

Works well on race-horses too IIRC lol

Dan Gliballs said:
I never try stuff like that, never sure of the long term damage/blood pressure etc. I try to keep things as natural as possible these days :)

Do you DO a lot of 'DIPS' by the way? :biggrin:

same here. Used to be the dip daddy then stopped doing them for a while Now i struggle when i do them :crying:
What are peeps doing for their lats?

silver75 said:
What are peeps doing for their lats?

I do various movements to hit the lats from different angles.

Normal behind the neck wide grip ones, ones to my neck (just passing in front of my nose, ones leaning back a bit with a slightly narrower grip, and ones bent right back with a very narrow grip.

Sometimes I do cable/dumbell rows before this, and sometimes after this :)

the best way i find to build my lats n thick back is wide grip pull ups or chin ups do 6 sets move onto dumbell rows then shrugs and again close grip pull ups and finish off with low row machine. i hate my training this week proper went ****. oh well you have your on and off days 2day was one of them.

DIPS_A4 said:
the best way i find to build my lats n thick back is wide grip pull ups or chin ups.

Superb motion, and one I've neglected now I'm 16 1/2 stone :blink:

DIPS_A4 said:
you have your on and off days

So true.

Depends what time you ate.

WHAT you ate.

How physical you've been before the workout.

How much sleep you've had,..................etc etc etc

See with lats im still not getting the width I desire.. I do wide grip pull ups (with the bar under my chin) and wide late pull downs behind my neck i try and keep the motion as smooth as possible without leaning back too much.

silver75 said:
wide late pull downs behind my neck i try and keep the motion as smooth as possible without leaning back too much.

Lean back? With behind the neck pulldowns?

Most people pull down FORWARDS when cheating.