Facelift THE NEW AUDI A3 (2016 FACELIFT) – STILL AHEAD OF THE CURVE

Oh yeah it's an expensive little car for sure :) The only saving grace is that you can usually shave 10%+ off that price with a discount. But yes when I think my 1st car was a new Renault Super 5 for £5K and 45 BHP :D
But these days most buyers are only interested in the PCP monthly figure. Certainly if buyers had to pay cash for an S3 there would be a lot less sold. But there are also buyers who will happily pay the price for what they want in a car. In my own case I'm quite happy to pay the £33,900 including £3,975 worth of extras before any discount to get (almost) the car I want.

But these days most buyers are only interested in the PCP monthly figure. Certainly if buyers had to pay cash for an S3 there would be a lot less sold. But there are also buyers who will happily pay the price for what they want in a car. In my own case I'm quite happy to pay the £33,900 including £3,975 worth of extras before any discount to get (almost) the car I want.
Of course. Let's not forget that we pay for the Audi brand tax as well :)

If I order next week. How soon could I get delivery of an a3 sportback 1.4 advanced tech with comfort pack?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Of course. Let's not forget that we pay for the Audi brand tax as well :)
Perhaps we should all be looking at the Skoda website! Doesn't have quite the same 'prestige' as Audi though.

Reactions: Max-Robbo
Well that's interesting, no sepang blue. Noticed most of what was optional is now standard, like it is on the R - makes much more sense. Noticed smoking pack not standard now.

Options now standard; Sat nav, LED interior lights, audi sound system.

Spec'd my spec, price is 2k+ difference BUT I did spec the red stitching! Would love that on my SSSs.

Hi guys,

Without going through 58 pages do any of fancy posting details of the pcp deals you have been getting on the FL S3? Including deposit & monthly.

I currently have a 63 plate 3dr which I pay £300 a month for. I really fancy a sportback s-tronic with average spec.

Really want to go pcp but these sub £300 lease deals on FL are very tempting although it would be a bogo spec one.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

Without going through 58 pages do any of fancy posting details of the pcp deals you have been getting on the FL S3? Including deposit & monthly.

I currently have a 63 plate 3dr which I pay £300 a month for. I really fancy a sportback s-tronic with average spec.

Really want to go pcp but these sub £300 lease deals on FL are very tempting although it would be a bogo spec one.

Thanks in advance.

This is off the top of my head but for my S3 S-tronic - £38104

Over 36 months, about £352 a month with about £3400 deposit and £5250 trade-in and the standard £2500 deposit cont for PCP. GMVF £19000

Hope that helps :)

Reactions: Darlo
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

Audi's main website has a finance calculator just subtract your given discount off your chosen car before doing the math,

Reactions: pburv and SpeedyFrog
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.
APR 6.8% is fixed.
GMFV after 4y = 17,974.95, after 3y = 19,878.75, after 2y = 21,963.05
You should be able to get £500 PCP contrib and £500 Dealer contrib, part ex value and the big unknown is the "magical discount" you can get. Once you have all the data you can use: http://www.pcpcal.co.uk
Also as @jassyo06 mentionned you have the Audi Finance calculator: https://www.audi.co.uk/explore-models/finance-calculator.html#/ranges

So for the magical discount you see with online brokers, you go to your local dealer and ask him/her if they can match, etc...

If you take a barebone S3 then a PCH will be interesting. However start loading it up with options and PCP will be better. The reason for this is that all the options you add on a PCH are actually fully paid over the duration of the PCH so it bumps up the monthly payments quickly.

Note: Still worth reading some stuff in this thread! Just sayin' :)

Reactions: Daytonapig, Jassyo06, G--Man and 1 other person
Had a call for an update on the order I placed on Saturday - been given a week 30 build week. Thing I don't get is, I've put the order number into the youraudi site and it doesn't recognise it - don't know if the post code I'm putting in is wrong or it takes a while for the website to recognise the order no. Currently putting in the dealership postcode, should it be my home address?

I called in to my dealer yesterday and the sales manager said their demonstrators had been made and they were expecting delivery in the next week or so. Will be interesting to actually see a facelift version in the metal.

Reactions: CrypticMG
I called in to my dealer yesterday and the sales manager said their demonstrators had been made and they were expecting delivery in the next week or so. Will be interesting to actually see a facelift version in the metal.

Which Dealership is this mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a call for an update on the order I placed on Saturday - been given a week 30 build week. Thing I don't get is, I've put the order number into the youraudi site and it doesn't recognise it - don't know if the post code I'm putting in is wrong or it takes a while for the website to recognise the order no. Currently putting in the dealership postcode, should it be my home address?
It should be your home postcode you enter in Your Audi.

Nope... Have heard they're going to remove the roof rails too! ;-)
Nope... Have heard they're going to remove the roof rails too! ;-)
They all should come with them standard and then you lot that don't lik'em....charge ye to get them removed lol
Went on WBAC....and the value of my car has increased just because of them black roof rails and black styling package.... Lol... :whistle2:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog
  • Just some SB FL pics to go with the rest...the rear diffuser(?) looks a little more prominent on this angle....hmm

audi-a3-facelift-378.jpg
Upload 2016 6 30 16 2 18

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
had my order number for a week - still waiting for "your audi" to recognise it!
Glad i'm not alone then, makes me feel a bit better if you've had yours a week, only had mine a day so can't complain too much lol

Decided to do some power-to-weight calculations to see how the new petrol engine compares on paper.

Page 46 of the price list

2.0 TFSI 6-speed manual – 190ps/1255kg= ps per tonne 151 .......... max 151mph ………. 0-62 = 6.8 sec

2.0 TFSI 7-speed S tronic – 190ps/1285kg = ps per tonne 148 ......... max 151mph ……… 0-62 = 6.7 sec

2.0 TFSI quattro S tronic – 190ps/1355kg = ps per tonne 140 ……… max 146mph ........... 0-62 = 6.1 sec

Page 48

2.0 TDI 6-speed S tronic – 184ps/1395kg = ps per tonne 132 ………. max 143 mph .......... 0-62 = 6.8 sec

Reactions: Max-Robbo
The power-to-weight calculations above are for standard A3. The Sportback and Saloon are slightly heavier and a tenth of a second slower.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and jonneymendoza
I originally believed that the lower rear bumper trim was to be matt black on the S Line rear bumper, but on all the configurators recently its showing it as silver? Preferred it matt black tbh... Will be gutted if mine turns up with it being silver! Wouldn't surprise me if its just the configurator messing up.

View attachment 95144View attachment 95145

Here's a facelift A3 Saloon with GB plates (honestjohn review), looks silver to me! I've ordered an A3 Saloon in this colour so I'm hoping mine looks the same!

Audi%20A3%20Saloon%20(2).jpg

Reactions: Sean Byrne
Here's a facelift A3 Saloon with GB plates (honestjohn review), looks silver to me! I've ordered an A3 Saloon in this colour so I'm hoping mine looks the same!

Audi%20A3%20Saloon%20(2).jpg

have you got the link to this - I cant find it so far!

I was watching a review on youtube that said the A3 FL would get a new 2.0l petrol engine, but have the old 6 speed S tronic. Yet when I look on the Audi configurator it says 7 speed S tronic.

Also, looking at the figures for the S3 FL - shows a significant improvement in both performance and fuel economy, with the 7 speed S tronic, over the manual.

Yet the A3 FL 2.0l FWD shows similar economy figures and performance figures. Though the quattro shows significant improvements in performance, but not fuel economy.

Have Audi not actually tested all their variants and just adjusted figures according to spec i.e. guessed? Or are they using a mix of wet and dry clutches. I can see that the diesel quattro S tronic is still saying 6 speed S tronic.

Anyone know where we can find the type of S tronic used in each variant?

Confusing.

see my previous post below

Just found out - the 1.0 & 1.4 stronic have 7 speed dry clutch - the 2.0 has 7 speed wet cluch (new!) - also lots of techie stuff on following and the data sheet where you can look at various model using the drop down. So as to not forget the TDi's, the 1.6 has a 7 speed dry clutch & for some reason the 2.0 has 6 speed wet clutch! - all taken from the respective data sheets

https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/audi-a3-sportback-15

Reactions: Daytonapig, Daz Auto and Jassyo06
see my previous post below

Just found out - the 1.0 & 1.4 stronic have 7 speed dry clutch - the 2.0 has 7 speed wet cluch (new!) - also lots of techie stuff on following and the data sheet where you can look at various model using the drop down. So as to not forget the TDi's, the 1.6 has a 7 speed dry clutch & for some reason the 2.0 has 6 speed wet clutch! - all taken from the respective data sheets

https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/audi-a3-sportback-15
I agree with your findings. You can also get more details of each version and a table giving the model numbers for the various types of DSG in this article in wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct-shift_gearbox

The type of DSG used is mainly based on the torque available from the engine. The wet clutch versions can handle more torgue than the dry clutch version. I currently drive a 2.0 TDI-184 with a 6-speed wet-clutch DSG and the ratios are just right. The max power of this engine is at 3500-4000 rpm. The new 2.0 TFSI-190 engine produces max power at 4200-6000 rpm so it well be the case that the extra 7th gear is required.

I was watching a review on youtube that said the A3 FL would get a new 2.0l petrol engine, but have the old 6 speed S tronic. Yet when I look on the Audi configurator it says 7 speed S tronic.

Confusing.

The North American market get the 6 speed DSG for the FL A3 quattro and S3. It gets the new 2.0T as base engine in the FWD configuration only and that comes with 7-speed DSG. The North American market does not get the power boost in the FL S3 nor the 7-speed DSG. It is confusing.

North America

A3: 2.0T 190hp FWD with 7-speed DSG
A3 Quattro: 2.0T 220hp AWD with 6-speed DSG
S3 Quattro: 2.0T 292hp AWD with 6-speed DSG

In Europe, you get the 7-speed DSG for the quattro and S3.

Reactions: Daz Auto

Also, looking at the figures for the S3 FL - shows a significant improvement in both performance and fuel economy, with the 7 speed S tronic, over the manual.

Yet the A3 FL 2.0l FWD shows similar economy figures and performance figures. Though the quattro shows significant improvements in performance, but not fuel economy.

Have Audi not actually tested all their variants and just adjusted figures according to spec i.e. guessed? Or are they using a mix of wet and dry clutches. I can see that the diesel quattro S tronic is still saying 6 speed S tronic.

Confusing.

Simple's...mate what model/designation are wanting to buy....they are all combined...there's no Pick n Mix S-Tronic gearbox's

The North American market get the 6 speed DSG for the FL A3 quattro and S3. It gets the new 2.0T as base engine in the FWD configuration only and that comes with 7-speed DSG. The North American market does not get the power boost in the FL S3 nor the 7-speed DSG. It is confusing.

The reviewer was a Yank. So that explains it.

Thanks folks for clearing that up.

And Dave - that may also explain why the fuel economy improvement applies to the S3 S tronic. Maybe the 7 speed was designed with that engine power/performance/economy in mind.