What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Finally got round to changing my oil today! Is didn't smell to good haha! Also put the new air filter on and had a look at the heat sheld I was going to make. There's quite a lot oil coming from the pipe off the top of the rocker cover that feed into the inlet pipe just before the turbo is this common?

do you have an inspection pit in your garage james, very handy if you do.....and very lucky ...

Reactions: James.c
Gave it a wash and finally decided to debadge the rear.
 20161230 171615  20161230 171525 pictures don't really do it justice but I think it was a good choice. Not sure whether to do the rings as well.

Reactions: b6ben
do you have an inspection pit in your garage james, very handy if you do.....and very lucky ...

I do indeed! Yeah it's pretty good only been here a year so there's a lot of sorting out to do in there! But it's certainly got potential!

Has anyone done an egr cooler delete on a different note? I want mine gone but can't even see where the pipes go too to see if darksides kit will work :unamused:

Well picked up this bad boy from my local TPS , it is a job that I have been putting off for a while now and I am not overly eager to rush out to fit it tonight , well any day quite frankly, but it need doings asap now so its on the weekend todo list, bound to be knuckle busting & arm twisting fiddly job....but as they say "its a tough job but somebody has to do it" just happens to be me.....
IMG 0001

Hmm not sure. Its moro blue and I'm not convinced black really works with the dark blue. Kinda gets a bit lost. I wasn't really sure on the gun metal alloys either  20161230 175239

I thought your car was black , i'm color blind so anything dark these days is shade of black to me ...lol

Well picked up this bad boy from my local TPS , it is a job that I have been putting off for a while now and I am not overly eager to rush out to fit it tonight , well any day quite frankly, but it need doings asap now so its on the weekend todo list, bound to be knuckle busting & arm twisting fiddly job....but as they say "its a tough job but somebody has to do it" just happens to be me.....
View attachment 113550

and probably one of audi better priced spare parts at £14 for all tree parts...it makes a pleasant change for something to be sensibly priced for my old bus haha...

Recently been getting windows steaming up with lots of condensation. I thought it was related to the scuttle/battery covers I fitted a couple of months ago but turns out it was a coincidence. Looked it up for a while on the forums and saw that the most common cause was blocked drain pipes underneath the battery. Been putting it off for a while but got my **** into gear and got it sorted this morning. Popped out the bung under the battery and the two drains either side were completely clogged with gunk. Cleaned it all out and have noticed a difference straight away on first journey. Very happy :)

You may also find that it's just natural condensation due to the weather being colder. I've filled an old sock with Silica Gel Cat Litter that absorbs all the moisture that's in the car overnight. The Mrs wakes up to a car that is wet though yet mine is nice and dry.

Just the cheap Tesco or even B&M will do.

Reactions: Dani_B19
It was much worse than what occurs naturally. Windows were dripping and damp humid air coming through the AC. It was definitely gunk blocking up the the drains as were puddles of water underneath the battery until I poked my finger through the gunk and heard the water draining through lol.

I have tried the cat litter trick before in my old mk2 golf haha :)

Fist off, Happy New Year to you all

Started it up for first time since Dec 22 and taken a photo as the sun was out

Reactions: carlcall
An epic mod to celebrate getting it back off the insurance company.
Ligatur

+30 hp

Reactions: DrStrange, James.c, tony mc and 1 other person
Absolutely nothing as it's raining.....

But my new Powerflex Snub Mount arrived today and it's a nice soft ploybush.....I would say it's about the same hardness, well maybe just a little bit harder than the rubber mount a few of us tried out. But it's squishsy so it's nowhere near as hard as the APR one I had on and this one also comes with a lifetime warranty.

2017 01 06 100041

Oh and a spoiler alert of what arrived yesterday....

2017-01-05%2014.05.37_zps833pv1nm.jpg

2017-01-05%2014.16.26_zpskoqi32tr.jpg

Reactions: DrStrange, WozzaAK, James.c and 4 others
Thanks to the advise on here, I cleaned a compost bags worth of dead things out my scuttle panel.

The drain holes weren't blocked but they were well on their way!

looks like late xmas present then carl, very nice too....and I hope to see regular pics of those calipers to make sure they stay that spankin......

looks like late xmas present then carl, very nice too....and I hope to see regular pics of those calipers to make sure they stay that spankin......

i bet they don't stay clean long mine don't, recon that's why Carl went for black one's

Looking forward to seeing what the snub mounts like. What's the cost of one Carl?

Loving the d2 brakes as well. They 356mm?

Early Birthday present to self and they should stay cleanish.....to a certain degree.

i bet they don't stay clean long mine don't, recon that's why Carl went for black one's

In all honesty I like the subtle way that's why I went for the black....I don't want them to jump out and say look at me! I know it's a little hard with big rotors right sitting inside them. But I've never liked bright colours on calipers.

And as Tony has said they may hide the muck a little better.

Reactions: tony mc and Charlie Farley
Absolutely nothing as it's raining.....

But my new Powerflex Snub Mount arrived today and it's a nice soft ploybush.....I would say it's about the same hardness, well maybe just a little bit harder than the rubber mount a few of us tried out. But it's squishsy so it's nowhere near as hard as the APR one I had on and this one also comes with a lifetime warranty.

View attachment 114067

Oh and a spoiler alert of what arrived yesterday....

2017-01-05%2014.05.37_zps833pv1nm.jpg

2017-01-05%2014.16.26_zpskoqi32tr.jpg

Jesus Christ I like the look of those brakes! How much was that snub?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£23.94 off eBay James CLICKY HERE

And it's still quite supple so it should be smooth on the oil burners. Hoping for a little bit of dry weather tomorrow to get it fitted.

Iv still got that red one i was going to cut it into a circle but it's still very hard so might give this a go! What size are those rotors your fitting?

The rotors are 356mm so 44mm bigger than my standards.

I can make the snub mount deform in one hand so it should still be comfortable for idling yet firm enough for hard acceleration. According to Powerflex it should be roughly 25-30% stiffer than a standard mount.

Reactions: James.c
The rotors are 356mm so 44mm bigger than my standards.

I can make the snub mount deform in one hand so it should still be comfortable for idling yet firm enough for hard acceleration. According to Powerflex it should be roughly 25-30% stiffer than a standard mount.

Nice! They will look mint! My 345mm rotors look nice and snug!

Reactions: carlcall
Sorry to hear that mate. I too have a 2.0 TFSI at 70K and serviced at Audi throughout and this makes me jittery! Is there anything I can do to be cautious?

Early Birthday present to self and they should stay cleanish.....to a certain degree.

In all honesty I like the subtle way that's why I went for the black....I don't want them to jump out and say look at me! I know it's a little hard with big rotors right sitting inside them. But I've never liked bright colours on calipers.

And as Tony has said they may hide the muck a little better.

unless you are color blind , like me , so it doesn't make a great deal of difference as they all look the same...lol

unless you are color blind , like me , so it doesn't make a great deal of difference as they all look the same...lol

If you get around to ordering another BBK can we chose the colour for you Rob?

I'm colour blind also Rob but I just find it hard differentiating between a couple of colours. So are you totally colour blind as in B&W or can you still see colours but feck knows what they are?

I'm borderline with the primary colors, and totally useless with shades of them, I went into my local cake shop a while back to get some " goodies" if you know what I mean....they had a sign on the wall with a menu text in different colors, all I could see what is said was ......r......y..l.......dd........etc , total nightmare carl.. needless to say I had to ask for a translation so I could order something...lol

I'm borderline with the primary colors, and totally useless with shades of them, I went into my local cake shop a while back to get some " goodies" if you know what I mean....they had a sign on the wall with a menu text in different colors, all I could see what is said was ......r......y..l.......dd........etc , total nightmare carl.. needless to say I had to ask for a translation so I could order something...lol

****** hell you are bad then!

Obviously our cake shops up North are different to the ones down South as we just buy cakes in ours hehehehe

Reactions: Dani_B19 and Charlie Farley
Robs a nob lmao can you see that ha ha

Reactions: Dani_B19 and Charlie Farley
yep our local cake shops is a very " special cake shop " and they sell only the very best and special cakes....haha , what more can one expect carl, if one drives a special edition audi then one has too have special cakes aswell...lol

so your good with red then mate lmao, sorry buddy could'nt help myself

No probs tony, I have had a glass to many tonight to drown my sorrows, had to have one of my woofers put to sleep this afternoon , very sad day so looking to cheer myself up with some witty banter.
have a good evening chap.