What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

I got a set of 18zs with bolts, lines, new minted pads and 340mm discs
But don't think I am going to bother
Insurance want an extra £100 for mod

Had a few compare the animal, Adrian flux, etc
I need business which seems to screw mods
Exhaust and springs was £60

thats sounds about right mate, but think the brakes sound a bit over the top, they should be free if they make the car safer, eg, stopping better ???

3hr clean and polish ready for winter

Reactions: B_FUR, Baka, James.c and 3 others
I got some 18z but didn't like the pedel

I had read that they have a little more travel to them over OEM.....I think that's what put me off them.

If I'd of had the extra pennies in the bank I would definitely gone for the full front and rear set up for the RS4 that's on eBay.....but they look like there maybe a little too much wear on all 4 rotors, so £1400 plus new rotors a little too expensive for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its put me off to be honest i dont want additional travel and there are conflicting stories.
Extra £100 insurance was final nail
Cost me about £650 to get kit together as well

That's funny that as I only have to pay more if it makes a difference to the power output. But all other mods are free.

2d9378fe6ae584b52d4a6b8d7a17a9f1.jpg

Good comparison shot here

cac16b2602634cb9b47d15f4aaf6c1b1.jpg

And in

f0f64fc81209e019ad81e6128f0a323b.jpg

Reactions: B_FUR, James.c, carlcall and 2 others
2d9378fe6ae584b52d4a6b8d7a17a9f1.jpg

Good comparison shot here

cac16b2602634cb9b47d15f4aaf6c1b1.jpg

And in

f0f64fc81209e019ad81e6128f0a323b.jpg

Looks lovely definitely need to get myself a flat bottom steering wheel only trouble is I need the paddles

Well after owning first A4 (2.0t) thought car was ok performance wise but idle bit rough so decided to replace all the usual suspects and did the n80,coilpacks,pcv,cam follower and diverter valve with the latest revised ones and what a difference.
Car idles perfectly and goes like a stabbed rat.
Pcv,n80 and diverted valve all ********.well worth £200 and a couple hours in my mates garage

Reactions: Baka, cpbrad and carlcall
1aeb91fc24b41c9fd9fd3280784ea211.jpg

Thought id join the club seeing a few of these little fellows pop up

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pedrödelabongo, Dani_B19 and Jasesapphy
finally got my brain into gear and wired up and fitted my new alpine had unit, first impressions, looks nice and blue tooth is excellent but music sounds rubbish frankly, my old concert2+ head unit had far better sound reproduction , may have a little tweak with the settings but very disappointed with the audio output quality , other function are great but I did really want the whole package to be 100% not just 75% .

have a nice one chaps.

finally got my brain into gear and wired up and fitted my new alpine had unit, first impressions, looks nice and blue tooth is excellent but music sounds rubbish frankly, my old concert2+ head unit had far better sound reproduction , may have a little tweak with the settings but very disappointed with the audio output quality , other function are great but I did really want the whole package to be 100% not just 75% .

have a nice one chaps.

Did you the Ohms of your speakers?
This may be your issue, in my Audi the Bose is a mix of 2ohm and 1ohm speakers
Aftermarket and normal headunits are 4ohm
Could be why it doesn't sound very good
I think you may be buying some components

Split my headlights and sprayed the inner reflectors satin black and also de-tangoed the indicators and replaced the bulbs with Silvertecs.

6953e704353825d2bcd983ce7c63a19f.jpg

601836592c40f3a9969bf7f0dc5d38ff.jpg

Reactions: B_FUR, Tyrer and James.c
absoloute bargain
Don't forget you will need the loom connectors (about £50)
Did it come with ballast and bulb

absoloute bargain
Don't forget you will need the loom connectors (about £50)
Did it come with ballast and bulb
Not a clue mate think its just whats in the picture (not even sure what the ballast is, please dont kill me), really want oem xenons and at that price just couldn't pass it up, i reckon ill be waiting a while to pick up drivers side one for what i want to pay (less that £100)

Just had a look, no ballast
You will need them to work
(One under each light)

Bollcks any of you got a picture or part number of what i need to get? i still reckon its going to be cheaper than £180 which is the normal going rate for one of these surely?

Edit: just found these, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genui...933470?hash=item3d291f78de:g:tjUAAOSwzaJX3~W0

Is that what i need?

Also when you say the bulb do you mean the bulb inside the projector? that wont be too expensive just for a bulb surely? are they d1s bulbs if i remember correctly?

Last edited:
Bulbs are anything from £50 pair to £120 pair depending what you want.

Yes they are ballasts just make sure it's the right part number

Then you just need Kuftec Xenon looms, (about £50 delivered)

As a guide I paid £350 for lamps, ballasts and brand new bulbs with looms
I got a deal as I bought an RS4 grill as well and paid £700 for everything

Bollcks any of you got a picture or part number of what i need to get? i still reckon its going to be cheaper than £180 which is the normal going rate for one of these surely?

Edit: just found these, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genui...933470?hash=item3d291f78de:g:tjUAAOSwzaJX3~W0

Is that what i need?

Also when you say the bulb do you mean the bulb inside the projector? that wont be too expensive just for a bulb surely? are they d1s bulbs if i remember correctly?

This
https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/audi/a4/a4-b7-8e/xenon-hid-curve-light-adapter-audi-seat

Set of Bulbs ( i recommend Osram xenarc CIB 5000K)

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/search.php?mode=search&page=1&q=d1s

Ballasts

Check part numbers before you buy

You will then need VCDS to change to Xenon and wire in the 2 wires into the Control module (pins 21/22 if i remeber)

This operates the high/lo shutters

Think the PN is, but please double check
8E0907391B

Thanks a lot mate wont be buying right away as i will only have 1 headlight anyways until i can find another haha! so ill do my research and make sure to get the right stuff once again cheers mate

Reactions: Jasesapphy
throwe a wobbly this afternoon with my new head unit setup, alpine normally work fine for me but i'm just going backward with the one I bought last week, so ripped it all out fitting kit aswell and just slid my original concert2+ back in , and it sounds really good compared to the alpine ....so not sure what the problem is with the setup but its not going back in, probably stick with the oem setup now aswell rather than throw any more funds at it.

Did you see my post about speaker ohms and after market running 4 ohm Amps

yes I did chap and everything was ok on that front, but the sound reproduction is just rubbish frankly, cant seem to get to the bottom of it either, anyway I've given up on the whole project now and going to sell off the alpine kit and fitting kit aswell, I like things to work properly and this setup just is not.
thanks for the input aswell.

Today I fitted a pair of 2Xcite devil eyes headlights to my Avant and threw a HID kit in at the same time. I also swapped all interior lights to LED and fitted a K&N panel filter after removing the foam from the box. The front clip is in service position so it's new Aux belt, tensioner, idle pully and alternator free wheel pully today followed by coolant flush interior clean, new wipers and debage. I have sent my standard map off to bluefin and currently waiting for the remap to be sent back

Reactions: Tyrer
I really like them, massively better than the standard halogens. The quality of the build on the units certainly ain't on par with the standard ones and there is no height adjustment but I have never used it in all my life anyway. The fit is just as good as the standard units too so I'm more than pleased.