What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

So i fitted my new dv+ today, first time taking the dv off for me and what a pain that was!
I also put the wheels back on after giving the front callipers a spruce up yesterday afternoon.

Attachments

• 20160517_135324.jpg
    20160517_135324.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 148
  • 20160517_105143.jpg
    20160517_105143.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 140
Reactions: Tyrer
Going camping bank holiday weekend so I apologise in advance for the rain folks but got this for the car to help with the luggage.
5758338ce5ff51a59f8302259b3fda56.jpg

Looks well mate.

Is that a rhino lip under the bumper?

lashed out on two new Dunlop sport maxx RT rear tyres ready for MOT tomorrow, also had my 3 new alternative (non) s-line badges arrive so replacing them tomorrow aswell, won't have any s-line exterior ID after tomorrow....
ordered a new oil catch can setup for the old bus ...will i'll see how well it deals with that nasty area and report back.

Where did you get the roof rack spoiler from??

Going camping bank holiday weekend so I apologise in advance for the rain folks but got this for the car to help with the luggage.
5758338ce5ff51a59f8302259b3fda56.jpg

nope , just the oem PCV assembly setup , from my searches the better can setups do work well and reduce the carbon etc build up a fair bit so that can only be a good thing with the 2.0 tfsi engine.

Reactions: Dani_B19
Will to be totalling blocking the pcv system off from the engine or not?

Just got back from the annual dreaded MOT, like most peeps there is allways that nagging thought at the back of your head " will it pass or fail this year" glad to say this time round the old bus passed with flying colors, so that's another possible nastiness over for another year.
I did have my doubts on a few possible parts , so decided to get it done a 4 weeks early just in case I needed to do any repairs and didn't want to risk having no current MOT if work needed doing, but all is good.
so onwards with the next batch of mods before i'm off on my lakes hols in june.....

have a nice day everyone.

rob

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, Tyrer and TOM.S
Just got back from the annual dreaded MOT, like most peeps there is allways that nagging thought at the back of your head " will it pass or fail this year" glad to say this time round the old bus passed with flying colors, so that's another possible nastiness over for another year.
I did have my doubts on a few possible parts , so decided to get it done a 4 weeks early just in case I needed to do any repairs and didn't want to risk having no current MOT if work needed doing, but all is good.
so onwards with the next batch of mods before i'm off on my lakes hols in june.....

have a nice day everyone.

rob
I know what you mean :D every year I'm getting the warning finger from my local MOT station about my- what they call ''borderline pass heavily tinted rear lights'' and I'm always worried about what else they gonna find lol.

RNS-E MK2 retrofrigged into my Avant with faceplate from my existing RNS-E swapped over from the supplied A3 one. Swapping faceplates was easy apart from the dreaded loctited screws on the LCD bracket on my old one not budging so the heads got rounded off as I'd hoped they wouldn't :-(

Had to drill them out then all fine.

As an added bonus – full AMI fitted in glovebox to replace CD changer and 128GB SDcard fitted in place of hard drive (with clever adapter) in old iPod 4G to make the perfect AMI companion!

Had the day off today so decided to give the beast a little clean, whilst at Asda found the wheel cleaner on offer for £2 and the little brush is really good for cleaning the holes where the wheel nuts are and also gave all the rubber seals a coat of AutoGlym Rubber Gel. Have to say each time I clean it I just have to take a pic.

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, gary_a4_quattro and Tyrer
Well chaps and chapettes after a fair few quotes over the last few weeks for a new exhaust system for my old bus the costings were prettywell the same as what I can get a miltek Quattro full system for, so raided the piggy bank for the 3rd time in a week and ordered a system.

will need to get the old girl booked in again now though for a remap to alow for the miltek system.
the list of mods is slowly reducing now...lol

have a nice days peeps
rob

Reactions: maxdrz400 and Tyrer
Well chaps and chapettes after a fair few quotes over the last few weeks for a new exhaust system for my old bus the costings were prettywell the same as what I can get a miltek Quattro full system for, so raided the piggy bank for the 3rd time in a week and ordered a system.

will need to get the old girl booked in again now though for a remap to alow for the miltek system.
the list of mods is slowly reducing now...lol

have a nice days peeps
rob
Will the system be a full turbo back one or just upto the original cats?

well it was my birthday a few days ago so decided to treat myself, going all the way dani, a proper job....

full Quattro system , miltek sports cat ,resonated with 90mm tips but i'll be using my exisiting 90mm tips so the miltek tips wont be used.

Don't blame you matey, if I had the funds I'd be buying one 2.

So I need to ask, does the tfsi a4 have a downpipe then a cat or is the cat and downpipe one?

Where did you order the Miltek from mate and was it in stock or back order?

well it was my birthday a few days ago so decided to treat myself, going all the way dani, a proper job....
Sound like your putting a few pennies into your old bus in the right places thought you might be saving them for the s4 you spoke about ?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

S4 is on hold at the moment, until the guy lowers his price he can keep it, way over priced and wont budge .
So i'm quite happy to invest some pennies (maybe Pounds would be better) in the old bus, she's worth it now.

finally just finished " upgrading " to RS (rob's special) status, no more s-line badges on exterior now.
Only chrome rings on RS4 grill, Gloss Black rings on tailgate, small black with red "Quattro" badge only on lower tailgate, and small Red/black metal/enamel RS badge (1 each side) on upper door strip (replaces s-line badge).

I'm not trying to be an RS4 or S4 chaps, just a " Rob's Special " hence RS badge as the car is special to me.

Had a call from my bodywork mate , S4 blades are all painted up etc ready to fit, so will be collecting next week for fitting asap .
Checked up on my brembo brake kit, took some time to track them down, finally they are in transit in a container slowly trundling across the north atlantic and a little while to go aswell, was hoping to be hear by now to be honest, but at least they are closer than last week....lol

sorry for rubbish pics, will get a better one tomorrow.
IMG 0908

Reactions: carlcall
finally just finished " upgrading " to RS (rob's special) status, no more s-line badges on exterior now.
Only chrome rings on RS4 grill, Gloss Black rings on tailgate, small black with red "Quattro" badge only on lower tailgate, and small Red/black metal/enamel RS badge (1 each side) on upper door strip (replaces s-line badge).

I'm not trying to be an RS4 or S4 chaps, just a " Rob's Special " hence RS badge as the car is special to me.

Had a call from my bodywork mate , S4 blades are all painted up etc ready to fit, so will be collecting next week for fitting asap .
Checked up on my brembo brake kit, took some time to track them down, finally they are in transit in a container slowly trundling across the north atlantic and a little while to go aswell, was hoping to be hear by now to be honest, but at least they are closer than last week....lol

sorry for rubbish pics, will get a better one tomorrow.
View attachment 91767

I like the change - I'm looking into Sline badge options myself Rob!

Sent you a PM over the exhaust tips as I am trying to change mine so asked you a few technical questions

Cheers

Anti-Shudder Valve, EGR Valve and Manifold off just to replace the Flap Vac on the manifold that soldier fitted the other day. My part won't be here until Monday but fingers crossed the unit has failed that has been causing me boost issues.

2016 05 21 162735 2016 05 21 162722

And for a car that has 100k on the clock I was shocked at the lack of carbon build compared to some others I've seen with less mileage.

2016 05 21 162237 2016 05 21 162226 2016 05 21 162253 2016 05 21 162231 2016 05 21 162241 2016 05 21 162217 2016 05 21 163717 2016 05 21 163659 2016 05 21 163711

Time to get the Mrs' toothbrush out and get scrubbing!

Good job bud, did you find it easy? I think people worry about removing the manifold but it's easy don't you think? Lots of elbow grease and that egr will look like new.

Added some small spacers front and back, suspension now fully settled, also purchasedd a set of brake calipers ready for upgrade

Last edited:
Reactions: Stanningtonglen, Charlie Farley, soldier4313 and 1 other person
Good job bud, did you find it easy? I think people worry about removing the manifold but it's easy don't you think? Lots of elbow grease and that egr will look like new.

One of the easiest manifolds I have ever taken off....less than 30 minutes start to finish. It's going to take me longer to get my torx bit off the udertray that I dropped.

Going to scrape some of the deposits off now and treat it to a scrub tomorrow as the sun will be out

Reactions: soldier4313
Started refurbing my brembos ready for the other hardware to arrive later in the week. So hopefully within the next week or two I'll have a big brake kit all fitted on the old bus for under £300. I'll post pics as and when I get them fitted.

Started refurbing my brembos ready for the other hardware to arrive later in the week. So hopefully within the next week or two I'll have a big brake kit all fitted on the old bus for under £300. I'll post pics as and when I get them fitted.

That's a good price, I paid £250 for 6 Pots and checked and painted them
The bolts, 350mm discs, lines, pads will be about £240

they will look spot on chap, what discs are you going with, good job.
cant wait to for mine to arrive now, seems like they are taking forever.

they will look spot on chap, what discs are you going with, good job.
cant wait to for mine to arrive now, seems like they are taking forever.

ML55 discs with 1mm taken out, will move to bells and rotor at some stage

What setup are you going for trigger?

Gone for the Touareg 4 pots then found a company that do a kit on mounting bolts discs pads wear sensors and hoses basically making it plug and play. They have an offer on at the moment with 15% off so the kit comes in a 229.

Reactions: carlcall