Snub mount for a4!!!

Nice to know, seen a few guides saying you need to slacken the slam panel and radiator off etc which seems abit unnecessary to me, surely it's just undo the 6 bolts, swap snub mount and back together or am I missing something?

I think just three bolts for the snub arm mate easy as that. I took the three nuts off the other side because I needed to trim this mount and bash it in it was that tight lol I'm gutted it's too brutal for a diesels idle it feels great when driving :disrelieved:

I would say so as they run smoother at idle.

You will still get some feeling of vibrations running through the chassis.....but nothing as bad as us oil burners.

Iv put my old one back on it wasn't in that bad condition feels loads smoother now but less tight probably all in my head.
Seen as I have already trimmed the corners of this square one I might cut it right down to a similar size and shape to the stock one so it can still move but will just be firmer? Then it's near enough the same as the other aftermarket ones? May aswell give it a go?

It will calm down eventually mate, the S3 I had was similar when fitting the dogbone mount (rear gearbox mount) they were always harsh as hell for the first few miles.

Feels like it's constantly going to stall though I don't want it doing any damage to any electrics haha

looks like mine is shot at 52k, all the rubber is just crumbling when you touch it, I assume they are easy to replace.

Mines on double that mate and is split to hell, had a look the other day while servicing the car, defo needs changing but which one to go for I'm still unsure.

I've read throught a lot of mixed reviews on different replacement ones and since I have not tried any of the others before, well never had a snub mount to replace until now...lol, I think i'll just go with another oem item, at least I know what to expect and it can only be better than my crumbling fitted item at the moment.
This may account for the less than smooth and more notcy gear shifting I have noticed recently, allways used to be nice and smooth ....well for a Quattro that is.

fitted it yesterday, the old one was falling apart, deffo smoother now than prior, gearchanges deffo appear to be much smoother too, may just be my imagination though.
Cant really complain given the pretty low cost of the part to be honest.

So what mount would we say is the best to go for the tfsi engine? Poly or the upgraded oem rubber one?

Id go for poly on a petty I'm going to play with the one Iv got cutting it down abit see how it goes

pass dani, i'm fine with the oem part again and didn't really fancy upgrading to something that may be a backwards step in terms of general driving and comfort etc, but it's a personal choice thing, my car feels like a go kart most of the time as it is without adding more vibration from the engine..lol

Well the s3 was fully poly bushes with the odd metal solid bush/mount and it was like a gocart but also rattled your teeth out so don't want to go down that route really.

invoice says, 8E0199339 but that's specific to my chassis number not my car reg, they couldn't get the correct part without the full chassis number, and both numbers match on old and new parts.
£7.30 +vat

also fits,
Snub1

Was it just six bolts to fit, no more fuss than that?

Thanks

This the oem replacement I think you can get away with just the three that's on the sump

just remove two front bolts and loosen rear sump plate bolt, remove the 3 nuts on the front bracket and it will just swing down, job done.

I had to trim this one but on the diagram the part it sits in was a different shape to mine so not sure abit different models

So do I go for the uprated rubber mount at £12 or the neuspeed one at £24?

Just can't decide.

why not just stick an oem back in dani, it will out live your possible ownership of the car, I don't think you are gaining much more with the others except paying a lot more, it is very easy to convince yourself you really need a 3rd party item but in reality I doubt you do and that you will notice any real difference, maybe worse , but your choice dani.

I wouldn't go for the standard foam one Rob but I don't mind going down the oem rubber route which is more heavy duty but I refuse to fit the oem foam one as it seems pointless.

I agree with Rob on this one Dani as I have a polyurethane one in now and yes it does feel good when putting your foot down but mine is wearing away with the vibrations of the oil burner. I would go for the rubber upgraded one.....that I still haven't fitted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't go for the standard foam one Rob but I don't mind going down the oem rubber route which is more heavy duty but I refuse to fit the oem foam one as it seems pointless.

yep, no probs dani , it's all down to personal choice, but a question for you.
forget that you know about upgraded ones dani , what would you go for then based on how long the oem has lasted , and would you have been any the wiser until it failed.

yep, no probs dani , it's all down to personal choice, but a question for you.
forget that you know about upgraded ones dani , what would you go for then based on how long the oem has lasted , and would you have been any the wiser until it failed.
Ooh I appreciate that Rob, I just like to get a outside point of view.

In all honesty yes, I could tell sown thing wasn't right, bare in mind I came from a s3 that had over £3k of handling upgrades, that included a mix of polyurethane and solid metal bushes along with coilovers etc etc so I'm used to a hard yet, that been said, I don't want the a4 to be a bone shaker like the s3 but I still want it to handle as good as it can.

This brings me on to the new mount point, yes the oem foam mount will be infinitely better than what is currently fitted, but it can be improved upon, hence me looking at the heavy duty rubber or poly one, my only worry is as Carl has said, the mount wears away prematurely and also provides a harsh rode in going to regret. Not many tfsi/petrol owners seem to have fitted a poly mount, it mainly seems to be diesel owners who then suffer from excess idle vibrations.

I agree with Rob on this one Dani as I have a polyurethane one in now and yes it does feel good when putting your foot down but mine is wearing away with the vibrations of the oil burner. I would go for the rubber upgraded one.....that I still haven't fitted.

Is this the one you've ordered Carl?

8D0199339E

My 8D0199339E arrived today... Looks a bit big, does it need trimming before fitting?

You Will need to put it in warm water to fit on to the mount itself then you will need lube to help easy it in, into the bracket, sounds so wrong reading that back haha.