Audi S3 8V Starting Problem

Rykie

Reaction score
Firstly let me say warm hello to you all from South Africa, i have read through this forum multiple times and am loving what i see:rockwoot:.

just to get some background on myself, i am an aircraft maintenance engineer aswell as a pilot. So problem solving and hands on work is something I'm good with, however i am in desperate need of some advice...

I have a 2014 S3 8v Sportback and on monday i tried to start my car to head to work. when i switched the ignition on i got a ton a error messages and warnings. with me being half asleep i ignored them and tried to start the car. All i got was ticking and more error messages. the messages started with a Clutch stuck message, hill hold assist, parking brake and low voltage. these messages would cycle having around 2 seconds per message.

i left the car for the day. i then took the battery out and connected it to a C-tek charger. i left this over night and everything seemed normal. i even tested the battery and there is no fault. however after connecting the battery back up in the car, everything seemed fine until i tried to crank it over. then i got a blank speedometer and display and then a parking brake error and a hill hold assist error. the light on the parking brake keeps flashing and the brake pedal is stiff as all hell.

I'm now lost as what the next step is, i would just like to see if its a problem i can resolve without contacting Audi n getting them to come out and see whats going on.

i apologise for the information overload as my first post. look forward to the future on this forum:grimacing::grimacing:

|Do you know of anyone close to you who have access to VCDS (diagnostics).?
Sorry I can't help you.But to me it sounds as if there is a problem with your electronic parking brake??
Hope some one more knowledgeable comes along and helps you out..:friends:

Sounds like the car battery itself is not holding charge. Try using a car battery from a working car.

The stiff brake pedal is a red herring, the brake pedal will go stiff once the vacuum from the servo has been depleted (by standing a long time, or by repeated pressing of the brake pedal)

i am trying to get hold of someone who can help with VCDS. in the meantime i got hold of a working battery and will try fit it this afternoon. i contacted someone from Audi, he said maybe the voltage dropping off confused the system so a jump start could help get the system back in order. my car is still under warranty and have Audi's backing. so will try the battery then a jump start

If you're going to replace the battery it needs to be a specific start/stop version as they are different...