What's my car really worth?

I suppose a big part of it is that VAT is payable on a new car do that's 20% straight away. Any 6 month old car, unless very rare or desirable, is going to take a massive hit in the first 6 months.

I got £500 more for my manual Sepang Saloon.
Registered Sept 2015, 3000 miles on the clock. No options, cost me just over £30k.
I have a very good relationship with the dealer, which plays a part.

This just goes to show than options are worth nothing.

I got £500 more for my manual Sepang Saloon.
Registered Sept 2015, 3000 miles on the clock. No options, cost me just over £30k.
I have a very good relationship with the dealer, which plays a part.

This just goes to show than options are worth nothing.
******** there worth what the owner feels there worth,**** what anyone thinks, ye really need to stop trying to cheer us all up on this A3 forum CraigI with yer witty banter didn't you just get yer Mrs a S5 in a exclusive colour or have am l mistaken

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Simon L
******** there worth what the owner feels there worth,**** what anyone thinks, ye really need to stop trying to cheer us all up on this A3 forum CraigI with yer witty banter didn't you just get yer Mrs a S5 in a exclusive colour or have am l mistaken

Mistaken.

We are talking cold, hard cash here at the request of the OP.
There is no value in the options you select.
Sure there is personal preference and worth, but if you are going to end up trading in, then write off the cost of the option as the dealer and the valuation books ignore them.
I'm afraid this is the reality, sorry if it depresses you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kugaman1
Mistaken.

We are talking cold, hard cash here at the request of the OP.
There is no value in the options you select.
Sure there is personal preference and worth, but if you are going to end up trading in, then write off the cost of the option as the dealer and the valuation books ignore them.
I'm afraid this is the reality, sorry if it depresses you.
No you depress me not depreciation on a car member,l don't go around waving an invisible banner go fully loaded a bare Audi is boring car to own, you have mentioned the options thing numerous times in numerous threads says the man that's wasted more money on Audi car's than most on this forum.
Now away a depress the A5 peeps

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Simon L
Just about the only 2 options that may increase the trade in value, are metallic paint and Sat Nav.

And that is if the sun is shining.

Most other options don't add any monetary value to trade in price.

Reactions: Pulp84
Just about the only 2 options that may increase the trade in value, are metallic paint and Sat Nav.

And that is if the sun is shining.

Most other options don't add any monetary value to trade in price.

My dealer said mono.pur increases trade-in value too.....

In fact he told me he won't even consider an 8V trade in with out it! :yes:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and veeeight
No you depress me not depreciation on a car member,l don't go around waving an invisible banner go fully loaded a bare Audi is boring car to own, you have mentioned the options thing numerous times in numerous threads says the man that's wasted more money on Audi car's than most on this forum.
Now away a depress the A5 peeps

I've still got an A3, so will hang around if I may.
I enjoy your wit and compelling contribution to the forum too much not to hang around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
What I meant was they probably won't do the facelift at exactly the same time as the rest of the range ,same as they dint launch the RS3 at the same time as the rest of the range .

They didn't launch the RSQ3, RS6 and RS7 when the standard model was introduced, but Audi did face lift all three the same time in line with the rest of the model range. All three have been face lifted in the last 12 months if you want to fact check this.

Q3 on sale summer 2012 - face lift went on sale early 2015.

A6 on sale early 2011 - face lift went on sale early 2015.

Autumn 2012 was when the 8V had its European sales launch. Wonder when the face lift will be considering the A6 and Q3 are lower volume products ?

Reactions: veeeight

Yeah right ... no Dealer, no matter how good the relationship is, will sell you a brand new car and then take it back a few months later with just a few hundred quid depreciation, even a few grand ... you WILL lose mega bucks fact !

As a second hand car it is immediately worth significantly less, but of course if the Dealer sniffs yet another new car sale he will potentially offset some part ex value in the new car and in turn make the part ex price look more attractive than it really is. Plus as we know, some models are there there to had with huge discounts.

Reactions: Simon L
Yeah right ... no Dealer, no matter how good the relationship is, will sell you a brand new car and then take it back a few months later with just a few hundred quid depreciation, even a few grand ... you WILL lose mega bucks fact !

As a second hand car it is immediately worth significantly less, but of course if the Dealer sniffs yet another new car sale he will potentially offset some part ex value in the new car and in turn make the part ex price look more attractive than it really is. Plus as we know, some models are there there to had with huge discounts.

I agree with you Snake but I think you might have crossed wires here!

No one is suggesting you don't lose money on options. The only factor that is likely to effect trade-in/sale price is mileage, but every time anyone mentions options old 'laughing boy' has to prattle on about what a waste of money they are!! Yes, in pure pound notes they are a waste of money but they're not in terms of driver enjoyment. Think that's what J meant anyway, if not you can both jump on me (figuratively speaking of course!!).

Anyway, we're off-topic........................:busted cop: lol

.......so what do you reckon naughts' car is worth then snake?

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I agree with you Snake but I think you might have crossed wires here!

No one is suggesting you don't lose money on options. The only factor that is likely to effect trade-in/sale price is mileage, but every time anyone mentions options old 'laughing boy' has to prattle on about what a waste of money they are!! Yes, in pure pound notes they are a waste of money but they're not in terms of driver enjoyment. Think that's what J meant anyway, if not you can both jump on me (figuratively speaking of course!!).

Anyway, we're off-topic........................:busted cop: lol

.......so what do you reckon naughts' car is worth then snake?

ah sorry mate ... I was late to this party so maybe not picked up on everything.
I'd say £27.5k is low and would hope for circa £30k personally.

Reactions: Simon L