Think I've killed my engine !!!

jonnyuno999

Reaction score
Hi all
The dreaded low oil pressure light came on, on my 2.0 tfsi ! I's in my local garage where they have taken the sump off to find the pick up pipe blocked & bits of metal & springs in the bottom which no one seems to be able to identify, they have advised me that as they don't know what parts are broken it could be very costly trying to track & repair so it would be better to buy a second hand engine. Does anyone have an opinion on this & does anyone have an engine for sale, it's a petrol 2006 2.0 tfsi s line special edition which means it's the 220 bhp version.
Thanks in advance Jonny

like hens teeth to get

just get a good mech to rebuild your own engine

your turbo will have blown aswell.

Hi Hades, when you say, like hens teeth to get, is that because it's the special edition & is the turbo almost a cert ?

HI mate, with regards to the springs and metal and think it might be your balance shaft sprocket. Mine had the same, mysprocket had sheered but was still working by some miracle and there were bits of metal and springs in my sump.

Darren

Last edited:
HI mate, with regards to the springs and metal and think it might be your balance shaft sprocket. Mine had the same, mysprocket had sheered but was still working by some miracle and there were bits of metal and springs in my sump.

Darren
I was going to say I remember someone posting a thread with pictures of mysterious parts found lying in their sump but couldn't remember what it was. Maybe if it was you that posted pics add a link to your thread so OP can see if the parts look the same as his?

SDHA4Sline - yea this was me mate.

Jonnyuno999 - hope you manage to get it sorted, whether it be an engine rebuild or managind to source another engine.

Fellas I think you might just of saved me a lot of time & money, some of the bits in Darrens sump look real familiar, I'll pass this on to the garage & keep my fingers crossed. Thanks very much guys, I'll keep you posted & put photos up too.

I was just wondering Darren, What was the outcome with yours ? was there any more damage , what was your outcome ?

mine was okay mate but i only found it by chance, id decided to get the oil pick up done as a precaution and when the sump was taken off we found them bits.

I never had the oil pressure light come on mate.