Wheel Alignment Results

Pasteurised

Reaction score
So a couple weeks ago I paid £125 to a local Motorsport Engineering place, for a 4 wheel "fast road" geometry setup.
When I picked the car up I never got a print out of the settings which didn't bother me too much as the place was well known and had lots of great reviews.
Today I took the car to the kwik fit I usually use to get a print out, this doesn't seem right to me but I'm no expert.
The rear right camber is well off, it has adjustable arms fitted so not sure what's going on.

Attachments

• DSC_0172.JPG
    DSC_0172.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 228
Adjustable arms top or bottom? Looks like they had trouble balancing the toe and camber...

Hmm maybe just a bunch of dumbasses? Obviously its not right, you can see that yourself. Would of thought they'd atleast try to match the camber or toe front or rear, none of them look similar.

Has that confused the wheel alignment guys, or do loads of cars have them fitted? I just visualise a slight adjustment on one wheel throws out the other 3 wheels - then they start again until it gets dark.

I watched someone set up my wife's BMW after I changed the front end lower suspension and track rod components and it didn't look straight or symmetrical at all but drove perfectly well.

Take it back to the first place and ask them to check it again. iirc most places say to come back and have it rechecked after some driving.

So a couple weeks ago I paid £125 to a local Motorsport Engineering place, for a 4 wheel "fast road" geometry setup.
When I picked the car up I never got a print out of the settings which didn't bother me too much as the place was well known and had lots of great reviews.
Today I took the car to the kwik fit I usually use to get a print out, this doesn't seem right to me but I'm no expert.
The rear right camber is well off, it has adjustable arms fitted so not sure what's going on.
Hi mate, I'm going through similar things trying to get my alignment better but don't have adjustable tie arms as you do.
Looking at your results it seems they haven't attempted to adjust the rear camber as it's in grey (not green or red) I believe.

The saga continues, took it to another reputable garage with Hunter kit, they gave me a printout which shows 1.6 front camber and 2.1 rear.
Past experience making me skeptical I took it straight to a completely different place to have it checked, 1.6 front camber and 2.4 nsr and 2.0 osr.
Wtf is going on?

I had trouble with the rear when i went for alignment.. ive got my adjustable arms on the top on my s3.. Also my rear arm bushes were nackered on one side. Got them off the other day an theres over an inch of play in one.. always worth having a look incase its that :s

Attachments

• 20160204_151417.jpg
    20160204_151417.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 105
I had trouble with the rear when i went for alignment.. ive got my adjustable arms on the top on my s3.. Also my rear arm bushes were nackered on one side. Got them off the other day an theres over an inch of play in one.. always worth having a look incase its that :s
Hi mate, is this the rear arm bush of the tie rod? Rose jointed then upgraded to solid?

No its on the big rear arm that has the hub on etc. Have to take driveshaft off the hub. Tie rods / 2 smaller rear arms and then disconnect brake lines. An then just 4 bolts hold the bush in a bracket.

Probably took 1-2 hours to get both off the car an thats on my drive not using ramps. Wasnt to hard to do. Havnt put them back on yet so no updated photos

No its on the big rear arm that has the hub on etc. Have to take driveshaft off the hub. Tie rods / 2 smaller rear arms and then disconnect brake lines. An then just 4 bolts hold the bush in a bracket.

Probably took 1-2 hours to get both off the car an thats on my drive not using ramps. Wasnt to hard to do. Havnt put them back on yet so no updated photos
Ok mate thanks, I remember when a garage checked mine for movement they just used a crowbar to conclude they were firm, don't know if that's a sure thing or not.