Fitting 80mm tip & maf question

unclebunt

Reaction score
hi I'm getting an 80mm tip on Sunday and was just wondering can it fit directly to original air box and will I need a new maf sensor? Cheers :)

Doesn't state, just says it's a hard pipe dude I can't afford a badger5 so had to settle for this one until future

If anyone has a b5 tip they wanna sell message me :)

The maf measures 80mm outside diameter, so depends on the size of the pipe you've ordered, if it's a hard pipe it will probably come with a silicone coupler hose with 80mm internal diameter which you will connect to the maf and the new pipe

Picked it up today used but a bargain!! Will do until I can get a b5 ;) gotta get the 80mm maf I think? And gonna get a cone filter too, going in next week to have top mount done, kit fitted, brakes done and clean :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 186
What car do you have? The maf as standard on an s3 is 80mm not sure about other models

Did you get a metal billet with it that attaches to the turbo? Like the badger 5 v2.2, otherwise it won't fit as the turbo inlet is smaller than 80mm more like 50mm but your pipe looks 80mm from top to bottom

Cute dog with the pink ball, all you need is a handbag for it haha

51 reg 8L 210 s3. No I only got what's in the picture.

Missing the billet adaptor (if thats how it was used before) or a reducing silicone elbow... Compressor inlet isnt that big for sure.

Picture of it from other side if that's any good?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 186
Yes you have the billet it's the metal piece on the other end, it will fit straight on

Thank god for that :) gonna try and get a cone filter now

If you doing it on the cheap the s2000 filter fits as its 80mm seen a few people on here doing it but personally I reckon they look a bit ugly but can't complain for £20

Ordered a s2000 for now was £18 free p&p off eBay black pipes and red filter same colour as tip! Thought they only did the horrible green so I'm happy :) hope I don't get that horrible dv noise people mention

Log pro says on side :) does fitting the tip and cone actually help with any performance or just for noise? Either way was time for a change :)