Pre-Facelift S3 Grill - Black (Options?)

scotty dugg

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi All,

I've searched everywhere I can think of and cannot find a supplier for a black/black honeycomb grill for my pre-facelift S3.

I'll take it there are not as many options as a facelift, general consensus to paint the original rather than replace it?

Butchering an RS6 grill and my existing grill (if this is an option) is well outwith my skill and budget for now.

I've tried DIY'ing a grill black on an old car but the stone chips drove me crazy!

Any help appreciated,

Cheers,
Scott

Nowhere does the honeycomb preface mate, just seen your comment on my thread... Buthering the Rs6 is the only option on the preface S3...

However a good quality rs6 aftermarket grill is where you wana be.. Still looking around the £200 mark, or they were the last time I checked..

Painting the grill... Halfrauds believe it or not do a cracking enamel spray, get the adhesive promoter too and makes it solid.. Gloss Black too, far better for the stonechips.. The only draw back is, its a semi-gloss and not a mirror finish like true Gloss... More than acceptable for a car grill tho..

N i'm from Balornock mate, North of the city

N the reason being there aren't as many options... The preface S3 grill is slightly smaller than the A3 of the same year and its grill is only specific for that car .. Where as the facelift, has the same size grill throughout the model range... A3/S3/Rs3

Reactions: BillyEv76 and scotty dugg
Audi can supply you with a black edition grill for the preface s3 it's pricey though

Reactions: scotty dugg
Nowhere does the honeycomb preface mate, just seen your comment on my thread... Buthering the Rs6 is the only option on the preface S3...

However a good quality rs6 aftermarket grill is where you wana be.. Still looking around the £200 mark, or they were the last time I checked..

Painting the grill... Halfrauds believe it or not do a cracking enamel spray, get the adhesive promoter too and makes it solid.. Gloss Black too, far better for the stonechips.. The only draw back is, its a semi-gloss and not a mirror finish like true Gloss... More than acceptable for a car grill tho..

N i'm from Balornock mate, North of the city

N the reason being there aren't as many options... The preface S3 grill is slightly smaller than the A3 of the same year and its grill is only specific for that car .. Where as the facelift, has the same size grill throughout the model range... A3/S3/Rs3

Cheers for the reply mate, out of all the options I think the enamel paint sounds like a good shout for now, always an option to redo it at a later date as well.

Thanks for all the help guys, I'll order the paint tonight and get it sorted out. Shame honeycomb is such a faf, almost makes a facelift the best option!

I saw these when I was looking for one for my car, they list a pre facelift RS style grille for 2004-2008 S3/A3.
Might be worth dropping them an email to clarify if they do a specific one for the pre facelift S3, or if they are just winging it.

http://www.bm-town.com/#/a3s3-8p-exterior-page-4/4550154087

Honestly I wouldn't touch anything from BM-town with a barge pole.. It'll more than likely be for the A3 they do that grill for.. And xenonz has already curbed that matket with theirs for the A3

Found this one recently... http://www.body-kit.co.uk/product.php/13299/0/ Not RS but looks good I think, obvs debadged... and very very cheap...! No experience and haven't pulled the plug on buying one, I haven't stared at the image long enough to see if I like it!

Poor photosh*t attempt... I'm so sh*t at photoshop!

front_with_grill_zpslythrnzx.jpg

Honestly I wouldn't touch anything from BM-town with a barge pole.. It'll more than likely be for the A3 they do that grill for.. And xenonz has already curbed that matket with theirs for the A3

I have heard that, but they were listing it, so worth a mention.

Reactions: S3_Jacko
Found this one recently... http://www.body-kit.co.uk/product.php/13299/0/ Not RS but looks good I think, obvs debadged... and very very cheap...! No experience and haven't pulled the plug on buying one, I haven't stared at the image long enough to see if I like it!

Poor photosh*t attempt... I'm so sh*t at photoshop!

front_with_grill_zpslythrnzx.jpg
That grill is made by FK automotive & is for the A3 only (probably cheaper on their site too).

Reactions: tonydata
I found out the hard way too, ordered it from Italy thinking it was a different grill, when it arrived it had shipped direct from FK in Germany, thankfully I got a full refund but there's no way it will fit.

Reactions: tonydata
I found out the hard way too, ordered it from Italy thinking it was a different grill, when it arrived it had shipped direct from FK in Germany, thankfully I got a full refund but there's no way it will fit.

I just can't quite work out why there isn't an aftermarket, non OEM, black optics style grill available for the pre-facelift S3 8P1...? resprayed/dipped can look a bit cack imho and over £200 for an OEM makes it quite an expensive mod I reckon, there always seems to be threads popping up about it, but maybe less demand than it seems... I think a pro respray is probably the only way to go...