Future plans...

Sam_audi

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a 2006 Audi A3 2.0TFSI S-Line DSG and I'm thinking/ wondering where to go next in terms of modifications.

I have had a stage 1 remap, and now I am considering installing a new downpipe (recommended diameter?) and keeping the cat (thoughts?)

Other than that, I was going to get a new intake. Would this make me stage 2? Would I need to get it remapped again after fitting the downpipe and air filter?

Or should I fit some H&R lowering springs first?

Any thoughts/ inputs are appreciated

Sam

Stage two is

Hardware Requirements:

- Turbo Back Exhaust with Sports or De-cat (For Off-Road use only)

- High Flow Intake System with correct MAF scaling

Hardware Recommendations:

- Uprated Intercooler

- Uprated Engine Mounts

- PCV Revamp kit

However, I'd get a new Uprated High Pressure Fuel Pump and just go straight for 2+ :D

However, The stock clutch wont take Stage 2. It needs upgrading :D

Reactions: Sam_audi
So is that basically an intake and exhaust system?

Will a bigger downpipe require a remap?

Is that a DSG clutch?

Do you mean literally just a uprated high pressure fuel pump or everything including it?

I'm basically looking at this; LINK

Oh missed the DSG Part, It might be able to handle Stage 2/ 2+ Am not entirely sure....

You can fit a exhaust system and get a remap later, Not much will change. But yes, Intake and exhaust for stage 2

As for the fuel pump, You can get rebuild parts but I wouldn't trust myself taking one to bits.

With the DSG software remapped.it should cope with around 400ish lbs,so it will be well beyond your planned increases.

Please,if you can,avoid cheap ebay parts....you will often find yourself buying twice.

So a good reasonably priced exhaust system that you can recommend? I'm not a fan of decatting though

Hi Tim,
Is that with a downpipe as well?

I'd like to go for a Stage 2 at some point and wondered if a sports cat/ stock are fine?

Yes whole kit. From turbo back, however I'll start with just cat back most likely. From what I've researched stage two is all about flow you need to have a free-flowing exhaust and the stock cat is too restrictive and a sports cat is needed needed or a Decat (which needs the engine management light coded out for that particular mod as its not meant for road use, which will also lead to it Being a struggle come MOT time as a cat will not be seen) a mate in a MOT job might be able to vouch for your car being emission friendly ;) lol... also an induction kit will help with the flow I think for stage 2+ you need an uprated high pressure fuel pump or just the internals from auto tech

Yes whole kit. From turbo back, however I'll start with just cat back most likely. From what I've researched stage two is all about flow you need to have a free-flowing exhaust and the stock cat is too restrictive and a sports cat is needed needed or a Decat (which needs the engine management light coded out for that particular mod as its not meant for road use, which will also lead to it Being a struggle come MOT time as a cat will not be seen) a mate in a MOT job might be able to vouch for your car being emission friendly ;) lol... also an induction kit will help with the flow I think for stage 2+ you need an uprated high pressure fuel pump or just the internals from auto tech

That's great information Tim, what's considered a decent intake? I've found a sports cat is a bit more to buy than decat and you don't have to fuss with adding your cat back on on MOT time. My MOT is due soon anyway but if it was to through a EML code, would I be able to just fit the cat and clear with an OBD2? I think the exhaust and intake will be first on my list, followed by lowering a tad, then finally the HPFP.

On here, it seems revo gets loads of love...itg and apr!... I've got the Ramair which I love :)

Decat is cheaper and more power but the eml will constantly come on and off until you map (tell) the light to tell the car that you're aware of the cat not working because it's not there lol... Also I think they do a visual check and if they don't see it it could be a fail

On here, it seems revo gets loads of love...itg and apr!... I've got the Ramair which I love :)

Decat is cheaper and more power but the eml will constantly come on and off until you map (tell) the light to tell the car that you're aware of the cat not working because it's not there lol... Also I think they do a visual check and if they don't see it it could be a fail

Again, thanks Tim, I'll be looking at doing this after MOT time so I don't have to worry for a year :)

Reactions: TimWills28
Don't forget to upgrade brakes as well. I'm stage 2 and as my funds ran out, I just upgraded my discs and pads to etc yellow stuff which seems fine for now but I'm planning to go k04 one day so will probs need s3 brake setup at that point