Audi A3 2.0T FSi Turbo Build Thread

Techen

Reaction score
Hi guys, Been awhile so am going to start a build thread has I have quite a few plans for this car. Love it to bits.

Service items are a must for a car of this age, So for now the boring bits will get out the way first.

2005 Audi A3 2.0T Sline
79k Miles

Got it for a fair price too, The service book hasn't been well kept but I can clearly see there has been work been done on it/carried out so it has been looked after, No rough idle, Pulls well and such. Just going to do the more important parts.

2015-12-28%2018.20.47.jpg

Coolant bottle the old one is in bad shape, 11 quid for eurocar does the job.

Rev G DV, Am pretty sure mines is a B and will need changed for stage 1 anyway.

Thermostat housing, Car rarely hits 90c so it will get done soon.

Timing belt kit, It needs it badly, Just waiting to get it booked in for this first! Get the worse part over and done with so I can play with it later.

Cam follower there too, Will replace it even if it isn't worn, Peace of mind.

Oil change, Still waiting on my oil. I think it got lost during Xmas will have to see but my filter and such is there.

After all of the above has been done I'll be getting into the good stuff.

Future plans:

Stage 1 Revo map
Revo Intake kit
Millitek Exhaust system
Upgraded fuel pump

Very very future plans
KO4 Turbo Kit
New injectors/Coilpacks/etcetc
Brakes/Springs

Car pics soon, Been too lazy to go out and take some :p Any inputs on my list are very welcome, Incase I've missed anything.

Wow an 05 with 79k miiles... nice find. My 11' has 70k already :disappointed:

Wow an 05 with 79k miiles... nice find. My 11' has 70k already :disappointed:

Ouch, A lot of miles for a newish car :p

Nice mate, I've got same one so will be keeping an eye on this

I love your videos mate, Half the reason I got the cam follower and DV! Although I tried to get the DV off yesterday and gave up, Soon!

Reactions: TimWills28
Ouch, A lot of miles for a newish car :p

I love your videos mate, Half the reason I got the cam follower and DV! Although I tried to get the DV off yesterday and gave up, Soon!

Haha cheers mate! Yh dv makes a difference definitely if old one is torn! Cam follower is a must as that £30 lil thing stops a potential £2000 camshaft jobby

Finally got my oil today, Found out why it took so long. It was straight from germany? Fair enough :D Another job for me to do at somepoint.

20151229_143136.jpg

Got the good stuff too.

As for car photos, I gave it a quick wash.

20151229_142347.jpg

20151229_142357.jpg

20151229_142418.jpg

20151229_142407.jpg

20151229_142430.jpg

Again, I need my local VW speicest to come back from holiday so he can do my timing belt! Then it's just the other few bits and they'll be a revo Stage 1 map after that, Can not wait to see what kind of power this car can produce. With Quattro shouldn't have a issue putting the foot to the floor too :D

So got my car back today from the garage. Took way longer as he found a broken pipe but heres what I got done:

Timing belt kit
Waterpump
Drivebelt
Replaced thermostat
Replaced breather pipe
New DV seal
Cam follower and seal replaced
Replaced coolant bottle
New coolant and bleed.

In total all of the above cost me £540, I found this insanely cheap for what I got and am pretty happy. Belts out the way so I feel safer getting the remap done on my car. The age of the belt was shown on one of the pulleys and I was right, It was 2005, The belt had never been replaced. So it had put up with 10 years of abuse and 79k miles however, I will say the belt looked okay. Even the pulleys and pump, These things are bulletproof. The DV Psst sound was because when my friend fitted the DV the two seals overlapped and broke them both, So pulling it out and putting a new seal on, No sounds now! All sorted.

So, Hopefully at the end of this month I'll go get my revo stage 1 :)

Reactions: S3Alex and TimWills28
So got my car back today from the garage. Took way longer as he found a broken pipe but heres what I got done:

Timing belt kit
Waterpump
Drivebelt
Replaced thermostat
Replaced breather pipe
New DV seal
Cam follower and seal replaced
Replaced coolant bottle
New coolant and bleed.

In total all of the above cost me £540, I found this insanely cheap for what I got and am pretty happy. Belts out the way so I feel safer getting the remap done on my car. The age of the belt was shown on one of the pulleys and I was right, It was 2005, The belt had never been replaced. So it had put up with 10 years of abuse and 79k miles however, I will say the belt looked okay. Even the pulleys and pump, These things are bulletproof. The DV Psst sound was because when my friend fitted the DV the two seals overlapped and broke them both, So pulling it out and putting a new seal on, No sounds now! All sorted.

So, Hopefully at the end of this month I'll go get my revo stage 1 :)

Nice!! Peace of mind is always nice before ragging the s*** out of it :) Beast mode activated!

Yes, It's time to really go nuts now and get all the sporty parts in :p

Tempted about a ramair filter too.

So another updated, I finally got my induction in. It took a good day before it adjusted I guess because now it purrs so nicely I do enjoy it a lot!

20160114_154212.jpg

I started suffering from mayo in the cap, Gave it a massive run a few days ago and it seems to have cleared things but am going to do another oil change soon just to make sure.

Lastly, Am not entire sure when I'll fit these but.

2016-01-14%2021.17.37.jpg

These are made by DEPO, I won them in a auction for 30 quid. Brand new they were a customer return cause they opened a box with a knife and scratched the plastic. However I don't see why they cried over it, Cause even in this photo I bet you a lot of money you can't spot it. So for 30 quid am super happy with it. I got my lenses sorted

Welp, Didn't like how the lights turned out so ditched that idea.

Got my car finally booked in for Revo Stage 1 on wednesday, So looking forward to it. I think it needs a bit of a kick in the butt for more power, Used to own a Porsche so :p

Welp, Didn't like how the lights turned out so ditched that idea.

Got my car finally booked in for Revo Stage 1 on wednesday, So looking forward to it. I think it needs a bit of a kick in the butt for more power, Used to own a Porsche so :p

That's exactly how I felt after a few months....more....then more....

Reactions: grainqey
That's exactly how I felt after a few months....more....then more....

Don't get me started Alex, Was still working out if my heads and rods could handle a stage 3. If it could... No doubt I'd be aiming for that.

What was wrong with lights Techen? Ahh Revo! Let us know how that feels :)

The angel eyed bit turned out to be a nightmare... It just didn't look right on my car.. Plus the fact they were all chromed inside made them look super cheap.

IMG-20160117-WA0004.jpeg

IMG-20160117-WA0002.jpeg

However, I got a little profit reselling them back on ebay... So thats fine. I think Welldone? Sell a nice kit that looks far better.

Reactions: S3Alex
Also quick question, Are the cobra exhaust systems any decent? Am quite tempted...

I wouldn't know yet, but I'm planning to get their back box after my MOT as I've got lil Split in my exhaust so will tape that up and bite the bullet and get a cat back system from amd

I wouldn't know yet, but I'm planning to get their back box after my MOT as I've got lil Split in my exhaust so will tape that up and bite the bullet and get a cat back system from amd

Tempted to go the entire Cobra system and get my garage to fit it. He said 60 quid to fit a entire system so not bad...

All leh done.

Untitled_7.png

What a difference @.@

Would also love to go to stage 2+ but don't want to replace clutch. I think its been done already and meh would just be a waste :(

Is there a massive difference in 2.75 and 3inch exhausts? As I could only find a 2.75 militek and cobra do 3inch, yet they both say they require stage 2 remap so I take it there's really no difference?

Nevermind, There downpipe is 3 inch and then the rest of it is 2.75... confusing!

Reactions: TimWills28
Haven't updated this in ages but this is the only thing I've done in awhile, Money is tight at the moment :D

Before
20151229_142347.jpg

After
20160323_154206.jpg

photo_1458746598993.jpg

Last edited:
I'll do it tonight for you mate, 199 Quid on sale I paid for those lights and came straight from germany. The build is pretty decent but there is signs of "china" but what can you do. Got 6k canbus HID's in there too, So yea. Come night I'll get another pic.

its plug and play but with our older cars we don't have DRLs embedded in the ECU so that's impossible, Unless you wired the fog light DRLs up to the side lights or something its impossible.

So I'd give you a photo but I'll be returning them to the seller. Left beam bounces when you hit any part of the road thats uneven and right beam flickers badly on full beam so. Both are totally screwed after 1 minute of use. Funny, They have a 12 months warranty on them so :D

The issues aren't the HIDs, It's the lights. I just put the normal standard H9 bulbs in and the same issues occur, The HIDs work prefectly.

Yh I meant there is a company called "Well done HID" maybe they might have something similar in case you decide to return

Won't you blow the wiper motor with the HIDs? I'm also looking for aftermarket DRL headlights for my 8P! The ones you got were an option but I was tilting more towards the A5 Style DRL ones!

They shouldn't if you buy good branded ones as I did.

As for the lights, There pretty decent just don't expect to get the DRL unless your car already had DRL fitted.

Fair enough! If your motor is still fine in a few months then I might be convinced!
And I don't want DRL as such, I just like the look of them so I'd turn mine on manually. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, the LEDs will come on when the headlight switch is flocked to sidelights?

Yes, The DRLs replace the Sidelights so you don't get random bulb errors, It also allows you to pass MOT as well.

Nice! How easy was it to move the original indicator bulb holders into these or did yours come with them already? More pics - evening/night time please

My headlights came with bulbs and indicator bulb/holder so it was plug and play from the minute you took them out of the box.

Also the issue with night shots is the HID's are insanely bright.

20160323_192844.jpg