What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Out of interest and seeking advice this is what I did... I’ve indicated if it was a new product or not. BTW paint is Daytona grey

Vp citrus pre wash (new)
Turtle wax zip wax car wash (because I have it )
Clayed (Meguiar’s)
2500 wet sand a couple of deeper marks
Touch up paint and clear coat to deep chips / scratches
Pb-Da900 (new) polished on blue SPTA 5” pad - fine (new) with mer polish (already had)
At this point car looked great
Pb black hole (new) didn’t see much change
Pb ex sealant (new) seemed to add more depth
Pb natty black wax (new) gave it a nice glaze.
Cleaned glass and angel waxed (new)
Armor all shield on cleaned wheels (had it)
Tyre foam (had it)

I think I should have been more aggressive on the da polisher. Orange pad? I was cautious as I’m a newbie! Got most marks out. Deeper chips need more attention. This was my first go in the car (had it two weeks).

What other or products would you suggest? Any tips on product application or order of application?
I just applied as per instructions and using the da polisher with red polishing pad for glaze, sealant and waxes.

Cheers!
6c062ac67556fac65249ef8705faa49e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car looks spot on mate whats a SPTA 5 " pad?..if your looking for that WHAO......Factor? look no further than Sonax perfect finish....it will remove the most stubborn scratches....and the finish it leaves is top drawer... it cuts very quickly....its a diminishing compound ie it cuts rapidly then....polishes...you'll see it dimimish as the surface area your polishing becomes more transparent.....the more you work it,the best one step correction polish on the market....forget the glaze as a glaze is only for disguising swirls/fine scratches that you've already removed with the DA

Correct paint....cleanse paint....as this primes the paint....for your choice of protection product,if you dont cleanse the paint after correction.....the lsp wont bond correctly and wont last at all,looking at your list your applying many products...you only need correct the paint and then apply a sealant or a wax not both

You should use a Dual action polisher slowly.....Pretend the car's paint is a Super Model....that your going to give a slow sexy massage.....too lol dont use too much compound on yer pad.....4 or 5 bean sized drops on a new pad to prime it, then after that 3,split the super model into sections a A car the size of a A6 Avant will take more than a day to fully correct probably 2 days ie 12 hours....then you'll get that Whao factor....after that if you fancy you can go over yer car with some Menzerna 3800.....its a polish with a little bit cut to it.......but you'll cover the car with the dual action polisher far quicker once you've fully corrected the paint......

Reactions: sixlargebeers
Thanks jassyo06.
I am pleased with the finish but know bits I can improve on.

f92eafd85c4275c946620f91c71112c6.jpg

These are the pads I used. As I said I kept to the fine blue and the buffer - red.

Quick question on these sprayers and the VP CPW, can this be used instead of snow foam. I have snow foam and a lance but since moving to my new house it havent got the facility yet to connect up my pressure washer so looking for something i can use instead of it for now.

Also the VP CPW, is this just for use on the body work or for the wheels also. I normally use bilt hamber wheel clesner along with bilberry wheel cleaner.

Thanks in adavance
@Henda - I gave up snow foaming when I 'found' VP CPW. A lot less messy & equally as effective as SF IMHO
Bodywork, arches & wheels are fine are all fine with CPW

Reactions: cuke2u, Henda and V6_Man
Please can you tell me what do you cleanse your paint with before the sealant?

Thanks jassyo06.
I am pleased with the finish but know bits I can improve on.

f92eafd85c4275c946620f91c71112c6.jpg

These are the pads I used. As I said I kept to the fine blue and the buffer - red.

Cheap Junk mate,a Chinese knock off of the Chemical Guys Hex Logic Quantum pads go buy the real deal ie 2 orange and 2 green Hex logic pads

Reactions: sixlargebeers
I’ll look up those products they sound interesting.
Car took me about 4-5 hours Friday washing, claying and polishing then the same glazing, sealing waxing - then glass and wheels.

I think I could have certainly gone harder and flattened out the paint a little more. Playing it safe

The sealant/wax is a little confusing as people seem to use one or the other or both. Th pb instruction said both but I guess this is marketing.

As I’ve done it now I want to get more wax on it and was going to do another coat next week. What are your thoughts advice please?? I’ll remember the super model analogy while I’m doing it

Reactions: Jassyo06
Cheap Junk mate,a Chinese knock off of the Chemical Guys Hex Logic Quantum pads go buy the real deal ie 2 orange and 2 green Hex logic pads

Poor boys and cheap knock offs - you can tell I’m a tight git

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Jassyo06
Poor boys and cheap knock offs - you can tell I’m a tight git

Go Buy 3 genuine Hex logic pads 2 green and 1 orange,Bilt Hamber Cleanser fluid 500 ml and a 250 ml bottle Sonax perfect finish,it'll save you a lot of work mate and you'll car's paint will look ****** spectacular

I’ll look up those products they sound interesting.
Car took me about 4-5 hours Friday washing, claying and polishing then the same glazing, sealing waxing - then glass and wheels.

I think I could have certainly gone harder and flattened out the paint a little more. Playing it safe

The sealant/wax is a little confusing as people seem to use one or the other or both. Th pb instruction said both but I guess this is marketing.

As I’ve done it now I want to get more wax on it and was going to do another coat next week. What are your thoughts advice please?? I’ll remember the super model analogy while I’m doing it

If you polish/compound the car correctly...then it's all there to see mate,any product you apply afterwards wont increase the look of the paint,it'll just protect the paint and add hydrophobic properties

Reactions: NevMan
Go Buy 3 genuine Hex logic pads 2 green and 1 orange,Bilt Hamber Cleanser fluid 500 ml and a 250 ml bottle Sonax perfect finish,it'll save you a lot of work mate and you'll car's paint will look ****** spectacular

Will do! Thanks for advice

If you polish/compound the car correctly...then it's all there to see mate,any product you apply afterwards wont increase the look of the paint,it'll just protect the paint and add hydrophobic properties

That makes sense and is inline with what I saw. I definitely could have got more out of the polish stage but thought the products would bring it up even better. The wax lifted it but the sealant and glow didn’t do a lot (to my untrained eye!)

bc2d3e83291e6ec090aec8cca0fdc0ad.jpg

:)

Agree with jassyo06 is to take your time with the whole job and an A6 will take all day ( although with a Pano roof it does reduce the time ) .I like you just started this game and use as below Genuine Hex Pad and Scholl products - started with the least cut and softest pad a green for first go but as confidence gets better next time will crank it up to orange for the back roof which has a few scratches.
Kept this chart as keep forgetting which pad is which !

Avoid a Red Pad as I bought one to apply the Wax - being soft the wax was held in the pad and ended up wasting to much product - when cleaning the pad the wax inside the pad Oused out like butter.

Might be better to do sections at a time as I got knackered and rushed the last part of doing the car - found doing roof first then bonnet and tail gate one day - then each side another day ( after a small wash each time of sides ) the way to go. Add in the wheels you'll be fit by the end of the day.

A stool to sit on when doing the sides it another help to save your pegs.

HexLogicPolishingPadChart

P1050881

Reactions: THQuattro, Jassyo06, V6_Man and 2 others
Agree with jassyo06 is to take your time with the whole job and an A6 will take all day ( although with a Pano roof it does reduce the time ) .I like you just started this game and use as below Genuine Hex Pad and Scholl products - started with the least cut and softest pad a green for first go but as confidence gets better next time will crank it up to orange for the back roof which has a few scratches.
Kept this chart as keep forgetting which pad is which !

Avoid a Red Pad as I bought one to apply the Wax - being soft the wax was held in the pad and ended up wasting to much product - when cleaning the pad the wax inside the pad Oused out like butter.

Might be better to do sections at a time as I got knackered and rushed the last part of doing the car - found doing roof first then bonnet and tail gate one day - then each side another day ( after a small wash each time of sides ) the way to go. Add in the wheels you'll be fit by the end of the day.

A stool to sit on when doing the sides it another help to save your pegs.

View attachment 176345

View attachment 176346

Looking spot on Neil

Reactions: V6_Man
bc2d3e83291e6ec090aec8cca0fdc0ad.jpg

:)

You've no excuses lol you'll get the whao factor now, remember to clean the excess polish off the pads after each set, a old toothbrush will do it, just hold the brush against the pad and pull the trigger

You've no excuses lol you'll get the whao factor now, remember to clean the excess polish off the pads after each set, a old toothbrush will do it, just hold the brush against the pad and pull the trigger

thanks for the advice and tips. My Mrs has an 6 yr old Astra I fancy a go at now... will be a few weeks before I start that though!

Out of interest my black edition has 2 chips out of the black trim around the bottom of passenger window (exterior) where chrome would normally be. Can you buy touch up paint for this? And do you treat as any other paint chip? Cheers

thanks for the advice and tips. My Mrs has an 6 yr old Astra I fancy a go at now... will be a few weeks before I start that though!

Out of interest my black edition has 2 chips out of the black trim around the bottom of passenger window (exterior) where chrome would normally be. Can you buy touch up paint for this? And do you treat as any other paint chip? Cheers

Buy yourself a loew Cornell paint pen and black touch up paint to disguise the stonechips

Good shout practising on Mrs’ older car mate I am going to have a practice on my step sons corsa this summer

Ordered 5L of citrus pre wash, some angelcare revenge (bird lime remover)

Not really a detailing product but bought an audi seat storage box to go inbetween the two child seats in the back to keep their rubbish in. Should save on the amount of cleaning i have to do so its win win.

Good shout practising on Mrs’ older car mate I am going to have a practice on my step sons corsa this summer
You'll need the practice coz yer caramic won't be long from yer cars paint lol

Howdo boys. Hope you're all well? Been hibernating these last few months (combination of forum fatigue and busy as a one legged man in an *** kicking contest at work). However, I'm feeling the detailing bug coming back again now spring has started to sprung (not that it went away, I'm just enjoying it again :thumbs up:).

@MattSedg - ceramic coated that 'Fender yet pal? Loving the astral photography on your build thread - more please!
@q5man - hope you're looking after the missus' JCW as much as your own pride and joy mate?
@jassyo06 - loving the new Grumpy Detailer moniker - lol
@Tashfeen - saw your perfect A3 took a scrape on the front bumper/wing :blink: Get it sorted to your satisfaction? You have uber high standards I know, so this must have hurt :shrug:
@Bristle Hound - Have we weaned you off that godawful BSD yet? :whistle2:
@Everyoneelse - hope you're enjoying the detailing section of the forum, and that @Sandra is keeping everyone in check!

So, the soon to be released (and already commented on) Flex car blower has caught my eye. Not that cheap if you have to get the bundle with the charger and battery as I will, but as Jass says, buy cheap, buy twice. Ma birthday coming up, so this is on my wish list (figure you have to break this down into cost per usage for 2 cars per week, then factor in the annoyance of your perfectly detailed car showing water marks that have leaked from 'difficult crevices' hours after you've finished the job). Hate a difficult crevice. Don't want to be messing about with electric cords, or dragging around a wheeled machine, so this ticks all the boxes for me. Cheesy American vid here:
https://www.detailking.com/video/how-to-use-the-flex-bw-18-cordless-blower/

Off to catch up on Forensics Detailing channel reviews on the YouTube - looking forward to trying out some new detailing products this year. CarChem 1900:1 Car Shampoo next on the list. Supposed to be good :yes:

Reactions: Bristle Hound, AllanG, Sandra and 4 others
Howdo boys. Hope you're all well? Been hibernating these last few months (combination of forum fatigue and busy as a one legged man in an *** kicking contest at work). However, I'm feeling the detailing bug coming back again now spring has started to sprung (not that it went away, I'm just enjoying it again :thumbs up:).

Glad to see you back mate :rock:

PMSL @Jimbob76. @jassyo06 is now going to come out all guns blazing

@Tashfeen - saw your perfect A3 took a scrape on the front bumper/wing :blink: Get it sorted to your satisfaction? You have uber high standards I know, so this must have hurt :shrug: [/USER]

Will get it fixed in April mate. Fingers crossed.

[QUOTE="Jimbob76, post: 3398788, member: 131627"]
[USER=92947]@Bristle Hound
- Have we weaned you off that godawful BSD yet? :whistle2:[/QUOTE]

Not until @jassyo06 agrees to use it

@Sandra is keeping everyone in check!

And why do you think it is so peaceful here. Only Sandra can do it [/USER]

Last edited:
Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jassyo06, Sandra and 1 other person
PMSL @Jimbob76. @jassyo06 is now going to come out all guns blazing

Haha - tweak the Scottish Tiger's tail, an ye may git bit. Lol. Enjoy the banter so bring it, always fun wi friends. He's a big softy at heart. But chances of the big yin using BSD? Don't fancy the chances pal!

Reactions: Jassyo06, Bristle Hound, Sandra and 1 other person
You'll need the practice coz yer caramic won't be long from yer cars paint lol

Mate, it is lasting so you will owe me the tenner lol. Been a mild winter and no sign of deterioration of coating. Even polish car washers at Audi couldn’t damage it @FranA3 is da man

Reactions: Jassyo06, V6_Man and Sandra

@MattSedg - ceramic coated that 'Fender yet pal? Loving the astral photography on your build thread - more please!
@q5man - hope you're looking after the missus' JCW as much as your own pride and joy mate?
@Tashfeen - saw your perfect A3 took a scrape on the front bumper/wing :blink: Get it sorted to your satisfaction? You have uber high standards I know, so this must have hurt :shrug:
@Everyoneelse - hope you're enjoying the detailing section of the forum, and that @Sandra is keeping everyone in check!

So, the soon to be released (and already commented on) Flex car blower has caught my eye. Not that cheap if you have to get the bundle with the charger and battery as I will, but as Jass says, buy cheap, buy twice. Ma birthday coming up, so this is on my wish list (figure you have to break this down into cost per usage for 2 cars per week, then factor in the annoyance of your perfectly detailed car showing water marks that have leaked from 'difficult crevices' hours after you've finished the job). Hate a difficult crevice. Don't want to be messing about with electric cords, or dragging around a wheeled machine, so this ticks all the boxes for me. Cheesy American vid here:

Off to catch up on Forensics Detailing channel reviews on the YouTube - looking forward to trying out some new detailing products this year. CarChem 1900:1 Car Shampoo next on the list. Supposed to be good :yes:

Hey, welcome back @Jimbob76, JCW and Q5 in mint condition

6ce9e08bad7e561dd4f911de523e8985.jpg

Hope all is well, and look forward to your excellent posts

Reactions: Jassyo06, Sandra, Jimbob76 and 1 other person

Plans to mint the landy in April! It's only had a handful of washes since getting it...getting use out of it!

Good to see you back on

Reactions: Bristle Hound, V6_Man, Jimbob76 and 1 other person
@Jimbob76 good to see you back. Yes it’s nice and peaceful in here (for the moment) I’m certain that now the weather is better that will change and the friendly banter will resume. :)

Reactions: Bristle Hound, V6_Man, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
@Jimbob76 wondered last week where you had disappeared to good to hear from you mate... There's too much palsy walsy on here by a certain few lol @Bristle Hound Cupra has that much BSD on it now. ..it weighs more than it did when it left the factory lol
@q5man thinks his ceramic coating came from the Planet Krypton
@Tashfeen doesn't give a monkeys about detailing atm just like myself, but yeah the Flex car dryer looks a good un, am on one at the end of the month,
@A4A4 posts that many photos of his Daytona you'd think his A4 had started divorce proceedings against him lol
Apart all this yeah pretty quiet on here

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Dunedin, NevMan and 4 others
@Jimbob76 wondered last week where you had disappeared to good to hear from you mate... There's too much palsy walsy on here by a certain few lol @Bristle Hound Cupra has that much BSD on it now. ..it weighs more than it did when it left the factory lol

Hahaha. That's brownie points for you @jassyo06 PMSL.
#shotsfired @Bristle Hound

Reactions: Jimbob76, Bristle Hound and Jassyo06
@Tashfeen doesn't give a monkeys about detailing atm just like myself, but yeah the Flex car dryer looks a good un, am on one at the end of the month,
@A4A4 posts that many photos of his Daytona you'd think his A4 had started divorce proceedings against him lol

And @jassyo06 is still talking b@lls

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and V6_Man
And spending £180 bangers on a fancy wireless dryer that will no doubt remain in its box

A can give you a loan of it te dry yer eyes ya greeting faced barsteward .. Lol

Reactions: NevMan and Jimbob76

@Jimbob76 - Good to see you back buddy :thumbs up:
Our @jassyo06 grumpy ? I never noticed ... :whistle2::D
You tried BSD or are you in Jassy's denial camp ? ;) lol

£180 for a dryer ? Madness IMHO
You've all lost the plot :superman:
Can't go wrong with CarChem's 1900:1 shampoo. I've got 3 different 'flavors' of this lol In my top 3 shampoo's TBH
Got to have something to weigh the super light Cupra down a bit lol
@Tashfeen - 'He who moans about BSD can't comment on it when he hasn't used it'
Old Confucius saying :D lol

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man
@Jimbob76 - Good to see you back buddy :thumbs up:
Our @jassyo06 grumpy ? I never noticed ... :whistle2::D
You tried BSD or are you in Jassy's denial camp ? ;) lol

£180 for a dryer ? Madness IMHO
You've all lost the plot :superman:
Can't go wrong with CarChem's 1900:1 shampoo. I've got 3 different 'flavors' of this lol In my top 3 shampoo's TBH

Got to have something to weigh the super light Cupra down a bit lol

@Tashfeen - 'He who moans about BSD can't comment on it when he hasn't used it'
Old Confucius saying :D lol

3 different fragrances of Car Chem 1900-1 shampoo and you say we've lost the plot...bit contradictory BSD man

Reactions: V6_Man