So what's on your cars Christmas list ?

Nice to know what you think now everything is on! Sounds like a really nice project you've got going :)

A bit of a festive upgrade:)

Reactions: Bristle Hound, FBF01, Simon L and 2 others
Talking to my mechanic about the catch can he was very impressed with it and how clean it kept the internals when he dismantled some pipes around the turbo on another car. It's meant to fit with the APR carbon intake and bolts to the side of it with a purpose made bracket supplied with it.
Is this unit easy to use with other intakes or did you have to modify the catch can in any way? Was looking at the APR filter originally
but cost for what it is has put me off, as well as seeing some dyno runs with and without it..will probably end up with a VWR600 or the Revo System when I get around to it, unsure whether they have similar products available so just curious as to whether the APR catch can will work well with something else.
Forge atmospheric valve. This is a bit Marmite. My mechanic swears it's better to release the air quickly to air. I'd say the car doesn't feel anymore responsive than the GFB diverted valve but it does have a cool sound or chavvy sound depending on your views on life. It's not overly intrusive in the cabin but can be heard very clearly. Outside might be different. I let it off in my multi storey car park and it set a car alarm off. The pros mechanically are literally that...it's mechanical and doesn't have a solenoid that can fail...so it's arguably more reliable.
Do you have the full BOV Kit or just the metal valve that is a direct, bolt-on replacement for the OE diverter? I only ask as when I was using the BOV that came with the install kit (solenoid and hoses etc) it dumps way to often, even under relatively low boost, and makes some weird reverse vacuum noise when I let off the throttle..

Is this unit easy to use with other intakes or did you have to modify the catch can in any way? Was looking at the APR filter originally
but cost for what it is has put me off, as well as seeing some dyno runs with and without it..will probably end up with a VWR600 or the Revo System when I get around to it, unsure whether they have similar products available so just curious as to whether the APR catch can will work well with something else.

Do you have the full BOV Kit or just the metal valve that is a direct, bolt-on replacement for the OE diverter? I only ask as when I was using the BOV that came with the install kit (solenoid and hoses etc) it dumps way to often, even under relatively low boost, and makes some weird reverse vacuum noise when I let off the throttle..

Get a room you TWO.......lol

Reactions: Wondering Soul
Wanted black badges.
Got black badges. Yay.

_uF1MTy86b

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Wondering Soul
FB IMG 1451057756692

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06, Wondering Soul and 1 other person
Got around to the rear badges and the smaller s3 on the front grill.
FB IMG 1451156402433
FB IMG 1451156397785
FB IMG 1451175870598

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and Wondering Soul
You'll be easier for me to spot now! Did see a black 3dr outside Protyre Plymouth the other day..wasn't you was it?

Yes it would've been me. I work at vauxhall so I park there daily.

I just need to black out the mirror caps and tint the front windows now.

Yes it would've been me. I work at vauxhall so I park there daily.

I just need to black out the mirror caps and tint the front windows now.
Awesome!

Looking for tinted fronts as well just to complete the look a bit..

Awesome!

Looking for tinted fronts as well just to complete the look a bit..

Global tint. He's down peacock medow, same estate as morris engineering. He does them, guaranteed and very well priced.

What can you get away with on the front these days? 70% of light through the glass isn't it?

Reactions: Rob2k68
What can you get away with on the front these days? 70% of light through the glass isn't it?

Yes that's the legal minimum for side windows 75% for the windscreen. No requirement rear of the B pillar.

I'm pretty sure most OEM glass is tinted to the minimum already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scottyg, batch and Wondering Soul
Thought so! My windscreen is definitely lighter than most others, had a replacement not 300 miles into ownership and couldn't get OEM glass fitted without paying a small fortune, definite difference in overall tint from the outside. Has bothered me ever since and will continue to do so until I bite the bullet and replace the window!!

Just want the sides a little darker, well annoying that we can't have limo black all round! :p

I have privacy glass on the rear so I'd only want the lightest tint on the front as having the rears dark, makes the front appear darker.

I'll have it done by summer.

Thought so! My windscreen is definitely lighter than most others, had a replacement not 300 miles into ownership and couldn't get OEM glass fitted without paying a small fortune, definite difference in overall tint from the outside. Has bothered me ever since and will continue to do so until I bite the bullet and replace the window!!

Just want the sides a little darker, well annoying that we can't have limo black all round! :p
When I had my windscreen replaced on my old 8p A3 I asked 'kindly' if I could have a top tinted windsreen and the lady on the phone said that won't be a problem at all. It changed the look of the car completely as it was already a Black Edition with privacy glass at the back ..Don't ask don't get is my philosophy..:shrug:

When I had my windscreen replaced on my old 8p A3 I asked 'kindly' if I could have a top tinted windsreen and the lady on the phone said that won't be a problem at all. It changed the look of the car completely as it was already a Black Edition with privacy glass at the back ..Don't ask don't get is my philosophy..:shrug:
Shame I didn't have the same experience! I asked and was told I can have an OEM screen, but it wouldn't be able to be done until 2 days from now and I would have needed to pay £420+ for the part..annoyed was an understatement as the car had less than 300 miles on it!!

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
I have privacy glass on the rear so I'd only want the lightest tint on the front as having the rears dark, makes the front appear darker.

I'll have it done by summer.

Just remember if you tint the fronts further than standard fit, which are already at max tint permitted, you run the risk of being pulled with PC Plod. What you also have to take into account is insurance being invalid and if you are in a smash with illegal Windows.............well I think you see where I'm going.

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
DTUK box and pedal box - possibly ordered
Rs3 grill - ordered
Forge wheel spacers - ordered
Bbs wheels - january
Gloss black roof rap - january
Springs - january

Reactions: MA3RC, Rob2k68, AndyB-S3 and 1 other person
Sounds like a nice set of presents for your car @24styles !

Make sure to keep us updated with pics when it all goes on :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and 24styles
DTUK box and pedal box - possibly ordered
Rs3 grill - ordered
Forge wheel spacers - ordered
Bbs wheels - january
Gloss black roof rap - january
Springs - january

Wow good effort !!! January sales lol ;o)

I'm on the hunt for some new hoops going for 19s.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Wondering Soul
Wow good effort !!! January sales lol ;o)

I'm on the hunt for some new hoops going for 19s.
I'll also be on the hunt for a new set come New Year. Would like some 19's that have a slightly lower offset to make my spacers redundant..

Reactions: Rob2k68 and 24styles
Oem 19"S Rob???

Yes mate keep it authentic looking. Won't be changing it for a while if the Autotrader valuation is anything to go by (eeeek !) so may just get it how I want it.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Yes mate keep it authentic looking. Won't be changing it for a while if the Autotrader valuation is anything to go by (eeeek !) so may just get it how I want it.

Well if you are, and can't get used/nearly new one's,l can get them at cost plus 10% discount for you mate
What was your valuation? Jordan quoted me just under £32k

Well if you are, and can't get used/nearly new one's,l can get them at cost plus 10% discount for you mate
What was your valuation? Jordan quoted me just under £32k

That's awesome thanks for that I'll definitely bear that in mind I'm a fussy git like most so may well end up buying new and then selling mine to offset ;o)

Just messing on Autotrader for pics of Sportbacks with 19s I noticed it shown 28.7 which I thought was crazy so went onto WBAC and that was even lower !!

That's awesome thanks for that I'll definitely bear that in mind I'm a fussy git like most so may well end up buying new and then selling mine to offset ;o)

Just messing on Autotrader for pics of Sportbacks with 19s I noticed it shown 28.7 which I thought was crazy so went onto WBAC and that was even lower !!
£28,700 is standard Audi Web site quoted me £29,000 8 k miles better to talk face to face l was quoted £14,800 by all car sites but got £16000 for me focus
Yeah mate keep that in mind, l am sure we could arrange something if you want the new 19"s

£28,700 is standard Audi Web site quoted me £29,000 8 k miles better to talk face to face l was quoted £14,800 by all car sites but got £16000 for me focus
Yeah mate keep that in mind, l am sure we could arrange something if you want the new 19"s

Thought that was a bit scary prob best to go in as you say but won't be doing that for a long time or the shed will be my new home!

So what 19s do you reckon would look best the saloon style similar to our 18s, the wing arm or the RS3 rotors ? Seen lots of S/B with wing arms on Autotrader and they look pretty good they look huge as the arm extends right to the centre either side of the bolts but also like the saloon style with the centre cap that covers the nuts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
Thought that was a bit scary prob best to go in as you say but won't be doing that for a long time or the shed will be my new home!

So what 19s do you reckon would look best the saloon style similar to out 18s, the wing arm or the RS3 rotors ? Seen lots of S/B with wing arms on Autotrader and they look pretty good they look huge as the arm extends right to the centre either side of the bolts but also like the saloon style with the centre cap that covers the nuts.
Got to be wing arm mate, after having the standard design on 18's, they do look larger than standard 19's due to the fuller face on design

Reactions: Wondering Soul and Rob2k68