S3 basic Nav - weird fault!

batch

Reaction score
Evening all!
Got a bizarre problem occurring with my Nav. I've so far saved my "home" in my favourite destinations at least a dozen times. It just doesn't seem to store the destination past a few days? Being a bit old-school, I think it's a problem with the live feed to the Nav? Anyone else had this or any ideas?

Yes, exactly the same thing.
I've given up re-inputting it now - just use the recent destinations.
I've put it down to being an Audi.

I tend not to use the Sat Nav feature too much - such a hassle.

Same here, it loses the home location. Also find it loses stored favourites for a few days and then hey presto they are back.

Must be an Audi thing, I have Tech Pack High with full nav and get the same issue. Only way I have discovered to make it more persistent is by adding the home address as a favourite from the recent destinations section.

I think it has to do with which mobile phone is connected. Yes I know there is no logic to such a system but I believe that the favourites are related to the phone that is connected to the MMI. If I save favourites when my phone is connected and then my wife uses the car (and her phone connects) then she can't see my favourites, and vice versa.

Cheers @veeeight - explains it all! Bizarre behaviour/method but hey ho!
Actually having said that I can now see the point - car gets stolen, and without your phone the thieves can't find your h/a.
Nifty!

Reactions: Wondering Soul, Martinbanshee and Ignition1
Cheers @veeeight - explains it all! Bizarre behaviour/method but hey ho!
Actually having said that I can now see the point - car gets stolen, and without your phone the thieves can't find your h/a.
Nifty!

Good point! I guess in a way it's a security feature.

Separate point - one thing that annoys me is that it defaults to saving contacts as business contact. Doesn't make any difference except the colour coding but if you have a bit of OCD about getting things perfect, then it grinds.

Well that explains a lot. I noticed last night that my Home destination had been lost in the Nav but I've just realised I had a different iPhone connected to the MMI.
The regular iPhone is back in the car so I'll test it tonight.

Reactions: batch