2016 8V A3/S3 Facelift Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me a lot of faff/anticipation but not a lot of difference.
Minor change in power, like it's needed it for day to day use, even if there is a 7spd DSG so what, the 6spd works fine, its a petrol engine & if want low reving in top buy a diesel. Slight cosmetic stuff which is purely cosmetic and for me is almost irrelevant. Things like virtual cockpit will be expensive and for me not necessary as the current dash works fine.
Already got a lovely manual 3dr and wouldn't swop it for a new one as the cost to change would be way more than the benefit...........now if they did a 3dr manual RS3...................

p.s. and as for all the electronic assistance don't get me started

Reactions: lucas-suisse and batch
This will be my first Audi, loving the yellow!

Reactions: VAG_Club001
The only real problem I've noticed so far - The steering wheel is in the wrong place - Sorry!!

Sorry if this has already been posted:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/a3/95086/fresh-faced-new-2016-audi-a3-gets-3cyl-turbo

Does anyone know how Audi managed to extract another 9hp and 20nm. I take it this is from the ECU. My S3 is only a year but I do like the new front end, looks more current and more aggressive in my opinion. Thoughts?

I agree with the front end styling, I would assume the extra power is through a new engine map. I noticed they quoted 2000rpm upwards for torque rather than the 1800rpm they normally quote.

7 inch monitor as standard is nice but it sounds like they're charging for nav again.

Even though i'd love the facelift as discounts will be tiny at first it would cost me a small fortune to change to one now.

Reactions: Forbzeeee
I don't think anyone in their right mind would change to a facelift when they already have the car , it's not that far departed. I am glad now I cancelled mine , would be annoyed to pick it up next month and it be outdated . It is all personal preference at the end of the day , I think the facelift is current Audi , I liked the new A4 and the A3 is obviously part of the Audi evolution . S3 sport back at the end of the year for me I reckon !

Reactions: Jassi and lou15p
hmmm..interesting....I don't think its an offensive face lift...the saloon in particular was always a very handsome car..still is...the face lift will become the norm in a year...I THINK I missed out with my current order and I'm not too disheartened ....only thing that disturbs me is the new colour(s) - not 100% what would have been available to me but i would have certainly considered the Ara blue....anyone see that in the flesh?...

19" are not standard equipment on the 3 Door, unless you go for Dynamic Suspension option. However 19" are standard on the Saloon.

G
Ahhh I see what you're saying now. Yeah, not much is standard on these Audis, not even in S/RS models.

Reactions: Mr.G
In case anyone is wondering, the 5 new colours are:
Ara Blue
Cosmic Blue
Nano Gray
Tango Red
Vegas Yellow

So it looks as though the 1.8t petrol will be no more as there is a 187bhp 2.0t. Should be some good CO2 and MPG improvements.
As I thought they've carried that engine across from the a4. Rocks my boat as all the other upgrades are as expected...

So of the 5 colours how many of them are across the range? There's only Ara I've never seen in the flesh...am i correct in thinking they are not NEW colours...just colours now available on the S3/A3(?) The PFL A3 dropped a few colours inc red and blue....will they find there way to the 'cheaper' end I wonder

So on say a SLine, what are the headlights? from what i've read, (how i take it) the Xenon Plus headlights are now standard, so would they be LED? and would the Dynamic Indicators only be for Matrix Headlight packages?

My fleet order of the A3 Saloon became official 2 days ago, most likely will be a pre-facelift that Audi had on order and changed the spec last minute to match what I wanted, but on the off chance that it IS the facelift model that will be built, the fleet company probably won't tell me, it'll just arrive... So when the brochure is out I'll give them a call and ask to change the colour to Vegas Yellow, if they allow me to, it's a facelift! And the yellow is incredible looking. If not, I still get a brand new A3 saloon in Daytona Grey, and it's still a beautiful car... Albeit outdated.

Reactions: lou15p
hmmm..similar boat to me ...i would have Daytona if I didn't already own it.....I'm 9 weeks into my order and no progress on Your Audi...my 'agent' today advised that its still going to be on time (9 weeks away) but is dropping into Audi today to confirm....Misano FOR ME is daring ..as nice as yellow is...and it looks superb in the flesh it really would stand out in the crowd too much for me and I couldn't cope with the banana comments lol....I wanted to go blue this time but wasn't keen on the now deleted Scuba...I would like to see the Ara in the flesh

hmmm..similar boat to me ...i would have Daytona if I didn't already own it.....I'm 9 weeks into my order and no progress on Your Audi...my 'agent' today advised that its still going to be on time (9 weeks away) but is dropping into Audi today to confirm....Misano FOR ME is daring ..as nice as yellow is...and it looks superb in the flesh it really would stand out in the crowd too much for me and I couldn't cope with the banana comments lol....I wanted to go blue this time but wasn't keen on the now deleted Scuba...I would like to see the Ara in the flesh
I went through months of painstaking comparisons of the Daytona Grey and Misano Red before finally choosing the Daytona, feel it compliments the car a bit more. But I really loved the Sepang Blue on the S3 and feel the Ara Blue is quite similar! I didn't like Scuba Blue at all, but given the choice now I'd be very tempted to go for the Ara Blue or Vegas Yellow. Yeah the yellow is a bit extreme, and my colleagues would ban me from the carpark, but damn would it stand out...

P.S. I wish I could log into myAudi, but I haven't been given the order number or postcode required to set it up :(

I went through months of painstaking comparisons of the Daytona Grey and Misano Red before finally choosing the Daytona, feel it compliments the car a bit more. But I really loved the Sepang Blue on the S3 and feel the Ara Blue is quite similar! I didn't like Scuba Blue at all, but given the choice now I'd be very tempted to go for the Ara Blue or Vegas Yellow. Yeah the yellow is a bit extreme, and my colleagues would ban me from the carpark, but damn would it stand out...

P.S. I wish I could log into myAudi, but I haven't been given the order number or postcode required to set it up :(

Red is already going to stand out in our car park...all greys and one white!...and most people have frowned upon red....until they've seen the pic...Daytona is a great colour I haven't stopped loving it...but after 3 years i couldn't possibly own it for another 3 years...Misano was the only colour that wowed me (sunny day)....

I asked the supplying dealer for the order number....not that it has been helpful so far....the site still states 'ordered' (which i know!)

In addition to having an extra cog, another reason to favour an S3 with s-tronic seems to be increased torque. 400Nm vs 380Nm for the manual if I'm reading the press release right.

I won't lie I'm a little sore.

S3 is 7 months old, would love the Virtual Cockpit and 7spd Stronic (provided that its a decent box).

Not sore enough to change though.

Can anyone find anymore definite info about the 7 speed DSG for the S3? No other UK etc sites say that. That's a big change if so.

7 speed is for the smaller engines, the s3 doesn't get the 7 speed.... Otherwise I'm selling mine stock and switching everything over to the face lift!

Although they don't specifically say "S3" take what you will from this quote from the Audi Media Centre PDF:

"The 2.0 TFSI engines are joined by a fully newly developed seven-speed S tronic with wet clutch. It replaces the previous six-speed dual clutch transmission"

As far as I know the S3 has a 2.0 TFSI engine......

Last edited:
Why is everyone so bothered about the 7 speed? The reviews I've read seem to favour the 6 speed

Hiya - New to this and in fact any forum so please forgive me if I don't fully conform to the required etiquette. I have been reading this, and other threads, with interest and I am happy with the changes made in the facelift

I have ordered a S3 Saloon in sepang blue with lots of spec and to say I am excited is an understatement. I ordered in late feb and I was told that I will get the facelift model in July.

Is this a realistic time to expect delivery?

Cheers

Why is everyone so bothered about the 7 speed? The reviews I've read seem to favour the 6 speed
What reviews? I don't think there are many about this 7 speed dsg. Pretty new... The old 7 speeds are not good no. About the new one, don't have much information about that. *I might be wrong*

What reviews? I don't think there are many about this 7 speed dsg. Pretty new... The old 7 speeds are not good no. About the new one, don't have much information about that. *I might be wrong*
Owners reviews on various forums. I'm not saying either way but most people seem to see the 7 speed as the deal breaker so I wanted to understand why

Hiya - New to this and in fact any forum so please forgive me if I don't fully conform to the required etiquette. I have been reading this, and other threads, with interest and I am happy with the changes made in the facelift

I have ordered a S3 Saloon in sepang blue with lots of spec and to say I am excited is an understatement. I ordered in late feb and I was told that I will get the facelift model in July.

Cheers

Sounds about right. They're taking orders "from May", presumably in addition to the orders they already have of course, so I'd think that July is favourable.

Reactions: BMB - 77

Cheers

Pretty sure that will not be a facelift I am afraid ...

I was thinking the same... Although if a late feb order gets the facelift, then my early april one better had too!

Best info is that build week 22 onwards (May 23) will be facelift.

Purchased my 1.4 TFSI 3 weeks ago, pre-facelift. I am very happy with it. The face lift looks sportier no doubt, but I had a small discount. Came with 7 speed s-tronic.

New member from Hong Kong!

The order placed was held because Audi were no longer taking orders for the S3 so I have been assured by the dealer that it will be facelift. You have me worried now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.