Is your A3/S3 the nicest car in your street......................???

Mine is not exactly a sought after car, but in my view the only neighbours' cars that come anywhere near it are a fairly vanilla 12 plate A4 avant and a 15 plate X3. The X3 is a lovely car, but not my cup of tea. Not in the slightest. Neighbour told me he had to wait 9 months for it. Like having another baby!

Reactions: Simon L
A few Tesla's, Nissan GTR, Porsche GT3, Panamera, Aston Martin further up... I guess when the average home cost about 1.5Million, should expect to see these types of cars. #SFTech However I have the second to the newest car on my block, neighbor just bought a new black GTI.

Pfffffff....new black GTI...surprised security let it though the gated estate entrance :grinning:

Mine is not exactly a sought after car, but in my view the only neighbours' cars that come anywhere near it are a fairly vanilla 12 plate A4 avant and a 15 plate X3. The X3 is a lovely car, but not my cup of tea. Not in the slightest. Neighbour told me he had to wait 9 months for it. Like having another baby!

.......not exactly sought after?? It's an Audi for crying out loud.................!!

Easy win over avant (too old!) and X3 (too BMW!) !! ;)

I am pretty sure mine will be the newest and in my eyes the nicest when it arrives. There are nicer cars in the area, 2 RS6 Avants, Jag F-type, TONS of X5s (don't like them) and a couple of Aston Martins.

What people leave at the station car park AMAZES me!

Reactions: Ignition1 and Simon L
Let's be clear, I love my Audi but I don't kid myself that everyone else would want the same car. Those who are unlikely ever to own one tend to be idealistic about the one they'd have if they won the lottery, so those dreamers would no doubt go for the RS3 or maybe the S3. That's what I was trying to say. After all, there have been a number of threads about stolen S3s - and now one about a stolen RS3 - but unless I haven't been paying attention, I don't recall one about a stolen A3.

I am pretty sure mine will be the newest and in my eyes the nicest when it arrives. There are nicer cars in the area, 2 RS6 Avants, Jag F-type, TONS of X5s (don't like them) and a couple of Aston Martins.

What people leave at the station car park AMAZES me!

Looking at your spec I reckon your golden! ....................and less than a month to wait........................!! :yahoo:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and slayaz
I agree with slayaz about the station carpark. A newspaper article about my home town described the station carpark as "like a German car dealer's forecourt" and that was absolutely true! It was almost wall to wall BMWs, Mercs and Audis.

Reactions: Simon L and slayaz
Let's be clear, I love my Audi but I don't kid myself that everyone else would want the same car. Those who are unlikely ever to own one tend to be idealistic about the one they'd have if they won the lottery, so those dreamers would no doubt go for the RS3 or maybe the S3. That's what I was trying to say. After all, there have been a number of threads about stolen S3s - and now one about a stolen RS3 - but unless I haven't been paying attention, I don't recall one about a stolen A3.

I totally hear you, and contrary to (possibly) popular belief I wouldn't claim my S3 is the best car on the face of the earth either!! Although honestly there aren't too many I'd swap for and certainly none in the same price range.

Some would be ruled out for impracticality reasons (Corvette immediately springs to mind!) and I probably wouldn't go over 50k on a car so that rules a few others out! :)

I don't live on a street, its a hill top :sign werd:

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
Well the wife has a 15 plate boxster S, so no, my S3 is not the nicest car in the street or even on my driveway...

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Simon L and Blackwhite
Well the wife has a 15 plate boxster S, so no, my S3 is not the nicest car in the street or even on my driveway...

..............might be nicer than your S3 Mark but definitely not as nice as mine ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Station car parks always throw me off about an area. I could be in the roughest and most run-down part of London yet the station car park will somehow be full of Porsches during the week - definitely seen this in greater London/Essex/Kent/Surrey etc.

Pfffffff....new black GTI...surprised security let it though the gated estate entrance :grinning:

Lol, The GTI along with the Tesla and Panamera actually park directly on the street. The GTR has its own garage - which is very rare. I luckily have a carport.

Isn't this how we all park our cars ?
Brilliant Car In Home Garage Filled with Black Ferrari

(photo by http://www.neonebu.com/)

Reactions: Clarence the Lion, Simon L, Terminator x and 2 others
Isn't this how we all park our cars ?
View attachment 72872
(photo by http://www.neonebu.com/)

Wish I had a photo of it, but my brother-in-law's friend lives in a converted garage at his parent's house. It's a huge garage detached from the house with it's own entrance (effectively like a guest house).

Inside it's like one big room with a kitchen, bathroom and bedroom - all fully open plan - and of course space for his BMW M3. Apparently it's a surreal sight. I'll try get a photo.

Reactions: Wondering Soul, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Like this... my dream!! :)

Reactions: mfl, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Like this... my dream!! :)

Stunning - definitely a car lover's dream. Looks like something out of the game Forza - when you could walk around your own garage. Except it's real. And someone actually has a garage like that. Envy...

Reactions: AndyB-S3
All i need is the tash.. I have the Hawaiian shirt!! :) ...oh and some money to buy the pad,,. ha

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
What's all this off-topic rubbish in my thread............................ bunch of dreamers you lot!! lol

Reactions: Jassyo06 and AndyB-S3
What's all this off-topic rubbish in my thread............................ bunch of dreamers you lot!! lol

Says Maverick who always does a fly by past the" off topic tower "

Reactions: Simon L and slayaz
Says Maverick who always does a fly by past the" off topic tower "

Love it mate..............knew the irony wouldn't be wasted on you!! lol

No, a neighbour works at an Audi dealership and regularly brings home RS models, usually a 4, 6 or 7.

No, a neighbour works at an Audi dealership and regularly brings home RS models, usually a 4, 6 or 7.

Doesn't count he's only borrowing them ;)

Reactions: sjbarneS3 and simonali
Well, technically I don't own mine either. :D

I like to think mine's the nicest (and cleanest) but there's an E63 AMG (Black Edition I think) opposite me [however the guy drives it like an absolute CoC all the time so minus points for that], 2 doors down an M135i (Beemer so doesn't count) and round the corner there's a Macan Turbo which is pretty nice and goes like a raped goat.
I'd hate to live in my mates street in Miami [and talking of places to park our cars]......

Attachments

• IMG_0951.JPG
    IMG_0951.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0950.JPG
    IMG_0950.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0948.JPG
    IMG_0948.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: Blackwhite, Jassyo06 and Simon L
I like to think mine's the nicest (and cleanest) but there's an E63 AMG (Black Edition I think) opposite me [however the guy drives it like an absolute CoC all the time so minus points for that], 2 doors down an M135i (Beemer so doesn't count) and round the corner there's a Macan Turbo which is pretty nice and goes like a raped goat.
I'd hate to live in my mates street in Miami [and talking of places to park our cars]......

Geez that Ferrari is something eh!! ;)

Geez that Ferrari is something eh!! ;)
Yeah mighty nice Si....matt protective wrap on it (key the car and you just have to pour boiling water on the plastic for it to 'heal'), valves deleted on the exhaust made that V12 sound pant-wettingly good....his last car was a 458 Speciale with a special matte red paint job (quite rare but you couldn't touch it with bare hands without leaving fingerprints....hmmm car thiefs nightmare.....), so he's no stranger to these beasts.....and gets a new one every year as a tax deductible....alright for some and I guess the US taxman believes all private pilots have these as company cars...jeez

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06

A F12 if l am correct, l used to frequent Miami myself back in the late 80's/ early 90's but only through the TV lol hence me Avatar lol

Reactions: Simon L, PanamaS3 and Blackwhite
I did get close to a F12 once,it was parked in the Bentley showroom next to the Maclaren garage we working on,it just sat at the rear of the showroom, it was just 6 months old £295,000
Only La Ferrari beats it on looks,it's a stunning work of automotive art, it too was in white

A F12 if l am correct, l used to frequent Miami myself back in the late 80's/ early 90's but only through the TV lol hence me Avatar lol
You are correct Sir :) I too thought it looked great in white....but then I am a white car lover :) The irony was not lost on me posting this knowing your penchant for 80's TV and 'that show' in particular :)
My mate I went to Miami with used to have a black Enzo (only 8 of the 400 were black.....though a few did come off the line red and then go straight back in to be done black per the customers wishes)....now that was utterly orgasmic in all respects.....and I can't tell you how crazy it was burning around in Miami in that....here you go....

Attachments

• IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0237.jpg
    IMG_0237.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0238.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 122
Reactions: Blackwhite and Simon L
You are correct Sir :) I too thought it looked great in white....but then I am a white car lover :) The irony was not lost on me posting this knowing your penchant for 80's TV and 'that show' in particular :)
My mate I went to Miami with used to have a black Enzo (only 8 of the 400 were black.....though a few did come off the line red and then go straight back in to be done black per the customers wishes)....now that was utterly orgasmic in all respects.....and I can't tell you how crazy it was burning around in Miami in that....here you go....

That's surreal are ye sure your mates not a pilot for a drug cartel lol
Awesome car taste l must admit

Reactions: PanamaS3 and Simon L
That's surreal are ye sure your mates not a pilot for a drug cartel lol
Awesome car taste l must admit
Haha ha ha....ha....yeah nice one @jassyo06 now got the helicopters buzzing around above my house....nah two different guys....I won't mention the other mutual mate of these two that does have a La Ferrari....and a Lambo Aventador...and a Rolls Phantom....its nice to have friends in Miami :) but I still love my S3!!!!!!!!!! :) :) s**t supercars! lol

I did get close to a F12 once,it was parked in the Bentley showroom next to the Maclaren garage we working on,it just sat at the rear of the showroom, it was just 6 months old £295,000
Only La Ferrari beats it on looks,it's a stunning work of automotive art, it too was in white
Talking of second hand Ferrari prices [sorry its off topic...but its worth sharing....though my mate would hate me if he knew I posted this....] 3 years ago sold Enzo for about $1.3M.....now you have to pay about $2.6M for one....gutted!

Talking of second hand Ferrari prices [sorry its off topic...but its worth sharing....though my mate would hate me if he knew I posted this....] 3 years ago sold Enzo for about $1.3M.....now you have to pay about $2.6M for one....gutted!
It's a classic they will always appreciate l have never saw one in the metal but the F12 is up there with it in the looks department and no doubt is just as fast on a road and far more comfortable lol
But all the same £500,000 is a hell of a lot of money too lose

It's a classic they will always appreciate l have never saw one in the metal but the F12 is up there with it in the looks department and no doubt is just as fast on a road and far more comfortable lol
But all the same £500,000 is a hell of a lot of money too lose
Yes definitely a classic and an iconic car....at the time the closest to a Formula One car on the road....F12 a bit more civilized apparently despite having over 750 bhp (nearly 100 more) and less 'shouty' with the engine up front....but all of this beautiful metal is hard to enjoy day to day like our beloved S3 :) however I wouldn't mind testing that theory now and again

Much as I admire Ferrari always preferred Lambo's personally...................and in particular the Gallardo, used to be one just like this flying around in my neck of the woods a few years back...............the sound...................OMG ;)

lamborghini-gallardo-on-pur-wheels-photo-gallery_1.jpg

Reactions: PanamaS3, Blackwhite and Scottyg
Lambo's shout at you where Ferraris swoosh by you. I'd prefer to shout as I went by. :wub:

Reactions: PanamaS3 and Simon L
I beg to disagree boys....whilst I do love Lambo's...I think they lost too much of the 'drama' in the looks department after the 80's posterchild Countach....putting aside the rarer very limited editions like the Egoista and Sesto Elemento....and whilst I'm definitely not a Ferrari fanboy when you hear any of their V12's screaming it really is trouser splitting....but I wouldn't kick any of them out of bed :)

I beg to disagree boys....whilst I do love Lambo's...I think they lost too much of the 'drama' in the looks department after the 80's posterchild Countach....putting aside the rarer very limited editions like the Egoista and Sesto Elemento....and whilst I'm definitely not a Ferrari fanboy when you hear any of their V12's screaming it really is trouser splitting....but I wouldn't kick any of them out of bed :)

Yeah it's hard not to appreciate both of the great italian stallions but more often than not most folk seem to sit in one camp or the other...................................Ferrari v Lamborghini ......................almost as old as time itself !! ;)