Brembo GT advice needed please

goodbuzzman1

Reaction score
I have available to me to buy, a set of Brembo GT Callipers.

They come with Mk4 adapters and 5x100 330mm discs.

Are they above adapters and discs a bolt on mod for my s3?

I guess id also have to get lines and pads too. Anyone got any advice on which to get?

Thanks

Dan

I have available to me to buy, a set of Brembo GT Callipers.

They come with Mk4 adapters and 5x100 330mm discs.

Are they above adapters and discs a bolt on mod for my s3?

I guess id also have to get lines and pads too. Anyone got any advice on which to get?

Thanks

Dan

The standard size discs for the Brembo GTs are 323mm, if you are getting 330mm disks, are they 2 piece items? If the answer is yes, then it should include a pair of 3/4mm spacer plates between the carrier and caliper to make them work.
For the complete conversion, you will need, discs, calipers, carriers, pads and suitable brake lines.

The standard size discs for the Brembo GTs are 323mm, if you are getting 330mm disks, are they 2 piece items? If the answer is yes, then it should include a pair of 3/4mm spacer plates between the carrier and caliper to make them work.
For the complete conversion, you will need, discs, calipers, carriers, pads and suitable brake lines.

no, they are a 1 piece discs. so i guess they arent suitable then?
Could they be the Alfa discs?

Why doesn't the seller have these details?

i was talking to the guy and he checked the discs and they are in fact 323mm discs. he found braided hoses to go with it and he says the brackets have 94/95mm hole centres

Ok so I'm buying these brakes. The only problem is that the seller doesn't have the springs for them. Does anyone know where I could pick up a set? And will the existing bolts on my s3 be ok to bolt them to my hub?

Ok so I'm buying these brakes. The only problem is that the seller doesn't have the springs for them. Does anyone know where I could pick up a set? And will the existing bolts on my s3 be ok to bolt them to my hub?
Springs? What springs are you on about? I already told you what you need earlier for the complete kit. If the kit includes the correct carriers, which it should do if they came off a mk4, then your original carrier bolts will be fine.

im talking about the bit ive arrowed here.

gouxIVb.gif

ive found the part number for the pins and srpings for the LCR brembo version. 1ML698295. Can anyone tell me if it is compatible with the GT Juniors?

I think lcr calipers are junior gt, so not sure if they will fit, I'm guessing eBay will be your best bet.

I think lcr calipers are junior gt, so not sure if they will fit, I'm guessing eBay will be your best bet.

LCR aren't GT Juniors... GT Juniors were fitted to Mk3 Ibiza Cupras... LCR Brembos have a balance pipe on the outside

<tuffty/>

thanks for the advice. I ran Seat to price the spring/pin set........get this......€95 +VAT each. WTF!!

Ibiza cupra part number is
6KL698295

I'll ring them and get a price. Looks like my bargain brembos might not turn out to be such a bargain after all

Ok I've doing a bit of research over on the seat forums and a couple of guys reckon that the callipers from the Renault Megane 225 brembo use a compatible spring at a fraction of the price. Here's a link.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331558220248

LCR brembo spring is 90mm x64mm
Megane is 89mm x 63.5

Can anyone with GT JUNIORS give me a measurement for the spring please?

Last edited: