Apr stage 2+

Smirky

Reaction score
Anyone running apr 2+ on there pre facelift s3? If so what figures are they getting ? Torn between apr ,amd and r-tech ,
Cheers fellas

Yeah I've just had mine done at Gwent Vw. Goes well, wasn't sure what map it was running when I bought it so rr'd it and it was running 310bhp so decided to go for the Apr 2+ and it's a massive improvement. Not been back on the RR yet though.

Im APR stage 2+ and it goes very well, i was absolutely buzzing when i was over in Germany on the autobahns, had a play with alot of supercars, slowely but surely pulls away from a V8 R8 and stuck on the tail of a merc SLS to 170mph

If you want custom map Rick at unicorn motorsport is very good :).... If generic.. Id say APR

The rtech 2+ map will give you around 380bhp and 400ft lbs torque
I used to be chasing figures before mate but now im not bothered about dyno figures. You only tell how quick your car is by going against a car that's supposed to be faster.

There's three maps i know are reliable and are very close on the road.

APR
Unicorn motorsport
Custom tuning

I can't comment on R tech as I've not gone against or been in a car mapped by them. But from what I've read niki does seem to be very good at what he does.

Depends on the Dyno. You will get more on a Dynojet or converted inertia Dyno than a Dyno Dynamics, and a Dastek or Cartec will run run somewhere inbetween

On My Dyno, Revo Stg2+ usually makes 330bhp, APR Stage 2+ 350bhp. My own custom tune between 255 and 375 depending on how good the setup/intercooler is etc.

Rick

Reactions: leshkin
It's more the torque I'm after for done by an st other night 4th gear from 70 - into 3 figures not by alot but enough to annoy me lol

ST225?

Should be no problem. I have just run a CP340 ST225 and it made 284bhp and 350lb..... They never make what people claim. 290 max from standard turbo.
I dunno what they are ? 06 plate focus !my s3 is meant to be around 300 so from what u just said he must have a bigger turbo ? Would explain the airtech ic ?

My experience of the s3 is..

It's quick in standard form

APR stage 2 makes it fairly quick

Stage 2+ APR is absolutely lethal and tbh I don't really see the need for anymore than 2+.

2+ will certainly see off an ST and a load more big power cars with ease.

Power on APR 2+ has been upto 380hp/410ftlbs but of course as said depends on the dyno and conditions.

Reactions: S3Alex
I thought the S3 was quite good from stock if a bit wobbly and heavy.

Stg1 was a good step up but was the beginning of the slippery slope as Stg 2 and 2+ soon followed.

I think in real terms there is relatively little to choose between APR and Revo etc with the overall differences amounting to around 5-7% which is within the limits of various dynos.

There are definitely differences in how that's delivered and that accounts to a large degree for the different "feel" to various maps.

The custom tuners can tailor their products far better to an individual car and owner.

After that I have to say the step between the K04 and even a GT3071 is enormous.
The whole thing feels a lot less stressed and peaky and has a much bigger envelope.

Go further again and the engine keeps getting better which is quite a tribute to VAG as well as the individual companies making the parts needed.

Sorry to go off topic a little and I know this may sounds a bit chavy but people running stage 2+ do you get a lot of pops/bangs on throttle/changing gear etc..?

Sorry to go off topic a little and I know this may sounds a bit chavy but people running stage 2+ do you get a lot of pops/bangs on throttle/changing gear etc..?

I do yeah, but that's simply because the exhaust is near enough straight through due to the valve on the BCS being clamped open at all times.

I do yeah, but that's simply because the exhaust is near enough straight through due to the valve on the BCS being clamped open at all times.
Doesn't clamping the valve open kind of defeat the object of having a bcs?

Doesn't clamping the valve open kind of defeat the object of having a bcs?

Yes and no, the BCS is quieter than the standard system when the valve is closed, but with it clamped open around 20% like mine is it lets a bit of the sound out so makes it equal to a milltek on idle and low rpm, however it gives you the benefit of a full straight through with hardly any silencing when on boost and the valve open 100%.

Yes and no, the BCS is quieter than the standard system when the valve is closed, but with it clamped open around 20% like mine is it lets a bit of the sound out so makes it equal to a milltek on idle and low rpm, however it gives you the benefit of a full straight through with hardly any silencing when on boost and the valve open 100%.
Yeah I have a full turbo back heat wrapped bcs ,if u want it noisy on idle/off boost y not just buy the prestige system and save money ?

Yeah I have a full turbo back heat wrapped bcs ,if u want it noisy on idle/off boost y not just buy the prestige system and save money ?

Because it wouldn't be loud enough on boost, name a system other than the powervalve that bypasses the biggest silencer when you want the most volume.

And if it gets unbearable it's easy to make it quiet again without having to buy a different system.

Because it wouldn't be loud enough on boost, name a system other than the powervalve that bypasses the biggest silencer when you want the most volume.

And if it gets unbearable it's easy to make it quiet again without having to buy a different system.

I think it's time for me to give Nigel at BCS a call again.

We talked about a custom system for mine earlier this year,and I need something to occupy me for a bit car-wise,so it's time....

Reactions: Smirky and smurfworth

We talked about a custom system for mine earlier this year,and I need something to occupy me for a bit car-wise,so it's time....

Yeah being able to customise an exhaust system to suit your own preference is a great thing with the BCS.

I was tempted to see what difference putting a decat on mine would do to it as it already pops and bangs a lot as it is. Makes me wonder if some flames would be achievable.

Yeah being able to customise an exhaust system to suit your own preference is a great thing with the BCS.

I was tempted to see what difference putting a decat on mine would do to it as it already pops and bangs a lot as it is. Makes me wonder if some flames would be achievable.

Not sure about flames.....the way to get that is fuelling heavily on the over-run,as used to happen with old-school turbo engines.

A decat makes a difference on higher power engines,and certainly with ALS,where the cat can get severely damaged.

Not sure about flames.....the way to get that is fuelling heavily on the over-run,as used to happen with old-school turbo engines.

A decat makes a difference on higher power engines,and certainly with ALS,where the cat can get severely damaged.

It over fuels quite a bit, you get random bangs as the revs drop during gear changes, lots of over run burbles and lots of carbon on the back of the car indicating it's getting the fuel that's required.

Think you will be massively impressed with the build quality welds etc it's like a piece of art !

Reactions: S3Alex