New owner

Shaun-84

Reaction score
Morning all,

I have just purchased a 2014 S3 sportback. I hope you lot are just as helpful as the 8L S3 page lol.

So anything I need to know about!?

Car rough spec is

S-tronic box
B+O sound system
Super sports seats
Glacier white
black styling pack
MMI Nav
audi drive select
cruise
heated seats

pictures to follow

speak to you all soon

Reactions: batch, Jay_A and Sandra
Morning Shaun, welcome to the 8v section. There is a lot of good info in the FAQs thread and a lot of knowledgeable guys in here. We look forward to your pics. Enjoy the car. :) x

Reactions: Shaun-84
Welcome to the section bud, i'm also pretty new round here... nice spec'd car you've got!

welcome, what have you come from? 8L S3? if so would be interested in how you see them compare?

Thanks peeps....

Yes currently driving an 8L S3, picking up the new motor tomorrow. Can't wait..... I am also interested in comparing it to the old girl lol. I will try and get some pics up over the weekend depends, i'll prob be out driving it all the time lol.

On the plus side it's a 400mile journey home tomorrow so that should give me plenty of time to enjoy it.

Reactions: Sandra and Simon L
Thanks peeps....

Yes currently driving an 8L S3, picking up the new motor tomorrow. Can't wait..... I am also interested in comparing it to the old girl lol. I will try and get some pics up over the weekend depends, i'll prob be out driving it all the time lol.

On the plus side it's a 400mile journey home tomorrow so that should give me plenty of time to enjoy it.

You've got the s-tronc and B&O................... everything else is peripheral !!

Congrats, you're in for a fab weekend. Look forward to the pics ;)

Reactions: TomH, Jassyo06, Shaun-84 and 1 other person
Simon

I see your talking from experience lol. Heard mixed rumours about the B+O so hope its good I'm into my music.... Again never owned a car that's not manual so hoping its the right choice.

Reactions: slayaz and Simon L
Had my 8v SB Sportsback nearly 8 months just tried launch control....epic to say the least,a must do as soon as you get your new car,the noise before LAUNCH is shall l say Minted

Reactions: slayaz and Simon L
Had my 8v SB Sportsback nearly 8 months just tried launch control....epic to say the least,a must do as soon as you get your new car,the noise before LAUNCH is shall l say Minted

Way to go J !! :)

Tempted to try mine mate, but between you me and the gatehouse I'm sh*t-scared!! lol

Reactions: Jassyo06
Wow 8L to 8V, you'll enjoy the difference though I reckon you will not like stronic initially being used to manual. Once you adjust you'll forget the 8L :p

Great car the 8L for its time, still see some good condition S3s about.

Nice spec Shaun. I have had my 8v S3 stronic for 7 weeks and 800 miles - still testing the B&O !!
hey Jassy - launch control eh ? What private road you using round these parts then ?? LOL !

Reactions: Jassyo06
:wtf: Guys.... It's what the cars for! :s3addict:

No no mate, you misunderstand.....................I meant I'm sh*t-scared I'll get addicted to it and bust me engine :blahblah1:

.............do you reckon that came off as a desperate back-track? :yes: lol

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Matthew_S3 and Jassyo06
Simon

I see your talking from experience lol. Heard mixed rumours about the B+O so hope its good I'm into my music.... Again never owned a car that's not manual so hoping its the right choice.

No mixed rumours on the B&O mate, it kicks some serious butt!!

I'm pretty mutton-jeff after years of very loud rock/metal gigs and I can barely stand the volume half-way. The bass is superb, tracks that used to shake my old system to it's balls and distort something awful just sound incredible.

Only thing I will say is keep your mp3's as higher bitrate as you can, the sound quality isn't as good on low bitrate tracks and poorly produced music. Which to be fair is true of most high quality audio equipment ;)

Way to go J !! :)

Tempted to try mine mate, but between you me and the gatehouse I'm sh*t-scared!! lol

It just growls mate,not heard the car sound like that before,laugh laugh it really does awesome gadget

Reactions: Sandra, Simon L and sjbarneS3
Nice spec Shaun. I have had my 8v S3 stronic for 7 weeks and 800 miles - still testing the B&O !!
hey Jassy - launch control eh ? What private road you using round these parts then ?? LOL !
Hi mate where you been hiding? more than likely in a house on that same private road? I embarked on my first launch control

Reactions: Sandra
It just growls mate,not heard the car sound like that before,laugh laugh it really does awesome gadget

.....right that's it, I'm doing it this weekend! :)

Reactions: Sandra and Jassyo06
Lol @Simon L @jassyo06 you two are the dynamic duo in this section. Never cease to make me laugh. :) x

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
Lol @Simon L @jassyo06 you two are the dynamic duo in this section. Never cease to make me laugh. :) x

Cheers Sandra :)

I think you might be might on yer own though, reckon there's also some on here think we're about as funny as hemorrhoids ;)

Reactions: Matthew_S3 and Jassyo06
welcome to the site
8p and nice car , I kept my black edition as I loved it so much , but the 8v is miles better

Cheers Sandra :)

I think you might be might on yer own though, reckon there's also some on here think we're about as funny as hemorrhoids ;)
Not at all:) x

Yeah, ignore everything 'veeight' says about you having bought a **** car. :)

Couldn't resist, could you.

Just had to feel insecure and ruin this thread for everyone else ;)

Talk about the car, not individuals :D

Morning all,

I have just purchased a 2014 S3 sportback. I hope you lot are just as helpful as the 8L S3 page lol.

So anything I need to know about!?

Car rough spec is

S-tronic box
B+O sound system
Super sports seats
Glacier white
black styling pack
MMI Nav
audi drive select
cruise
heated seats

pictures to follow

speak to you all soon

Great spec, similar to mine which I pick up tomorrow. Enjoy.

hey Jassy, not been hiding at all mate - just not been able to drive the S3 much LOL ! i certainly wish our road was private and not the main thoroughfare between Cathcart and Newlands (apologies to the blog for the Glasgow centric chat!!).

I did have my first meeting with a kerb a couple of weeks ago. I have to say that the alloygators saved me from a nasty rash. I will rub down the damage to the gator with some wet and dry sandpaper tomorrow but so glad that the rim is still perfect....

Been on holiday inTurkey too - can highly recommend Club Med. Sorry - OT - but worth passing on to fellow ASN ers

Reactions: Simon L, Sandra and Jassyo06
hey Jassy, not been hiding at all mate - just not been able to drive the S3 much LOL ! i certainly wish our road was private and not the main thoroughfare between Cathcart and Newlands (apologies to the blog for the Glasgow centric chat!!).

I did have my first meeting with a kerb a couple of weeks ago. I have to say that the alloygators saved me from a nasty rash. I will rub down the damage to the gator with some wet and dry sandpaper tomorrow but so glad that the rim is still perfect....

Been on holiday inTurkey too - can highly recommend Club Med. Sorry - OT - but worth passing on to fellow ASN ers
First time av heard someone saved by a gator lol
You are lucky indeed no wheel damage nice Turkey at this time of year,l normally go on holiday April and September to sharm weather is really unbeatable in the above mentioned months

Reactions: Simon L
First time av heard someone saved by a gator lol
You are lucky indeed no wheel damage nice Turkey at this time of year,l normally go on holiday April and September to sharm weather is really unbeatable in the above mentioned months
Think I need a holiday, that rain last night was horrendous. I'm sure it's to rain all today as well. You be getting the same as me @jassyo06. Think that cancels my jaunt to the city today.

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
Think I need a holiday, that rain last night was horrendous. I'm sure it's to rain all today as well. You be getting the same as me @jassyo06. Think that cancels my jaunt to the city today.
Horrendous rain all night Sandra although they say it's to lift by this afternoon for a short time

Reactions: Simon L
Horrendous rain all night Sandra although they say it's to lift by this afternoon for a short time
If it clears up I may venture out for some retail therapy, if it don't I will watch the rugby, lol :) x

Holy bolony batman............... thought I'd tuned into the weather channel here by mistake! lol

If it's any consolation it ain't too clever down here on the Costa del Sussex coast either!! Bummer, the car looks mint and was planning a few trips! ;)

Reactions: Sandra
Holy bolony batman............... thought I'd tuned into the weather channel here by mistake! lol

If it's any consolation it ain't too clever down here on the Costa del Sussex coast either!! Bummer, the car looks mint and was planning a few trips! ;)
Yeah mate l spent 5 hours on my car yesterday and l need to go out this afternoon and l am sure as hell not using it so l will just speak nice to avril
"Hey darling can l " lol

Reactions: Simon L and Sandra

Oh if we doing weather, not all that good here either, no blue sky

20141023 082912

Reactions: Jassyo06, veeeight and Simon L
Rain forecast for here as well (Herts) so first major wash and clean of the new car is rescheduled for tomorrow

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06