Came home to find this

nezhayley

Reaction score
Well came home from work today to this.

To say i was gutted is an understatement,i nearly cried

Vandalism or can a stone me chucked up from the road close to your car? Still, total pain in the ****.

Very strange that has appeared all on it's own ? . It looks like it needs replacing though as it's quite dirty.
Hope you get it sorted OK, I would have been pretty gutted too.

There is a slight stone chip on the edge of the window,but its been really cold here in the morning then warming up to 17 degrees so i can only put it down to that really.i have auto glass coming out on sunday to replace it.

I wouldn't have thought the difference in ambient temperatures would do that in the uk.
More likely a stone chip.
Should be just the cost of windscreen excess?

I just find it hard for a stone to hit it from the road,its behind big iron gates lol its cost me £75 excess but the guy at auto glass said the screen is about £800 with the rain sensor and sun strip.so thank god for insurance.

I just find it hard for a stone to hit it from the road,its behind big iron gates lol its cost me £75 excess but the guy at auto glass said the screen is about £800 with the rain sensor and sun strip.so thank god for insurance.

Make sure you ask for a genuine screen when it's replaced auto glass are one of the worst for replacing with imitation parts. They did mine a few months back and it's chipped again already. I'm sure they are not as strong as genuine parts although I could just be unlucky

Make sure you ask for a genuine screen when it's replaced auto glass are one of the worst for replacing with imitation parts. They did mine a few months back and it's chipped again already. I'm sure they are not as strong as genuine parts although I could just be unlucky

I will never use them again as they use inferior parts imho eg certainly not OE. Tbf though anyone "insurance approved" will no doubt be obliged to do it on the cheap.

TX.

Ye got it sorted in the end,after reading about non audi screens been used i went too audi instead,under there audi ensurance you get they cover screens for a £50 excess so it was win/win in the end.

Ye got it sorted in the end,after reading about non audi screens been used i went too audi instead,under there audi ensurance you get they cover screens for a £50 excess so it was win/win in the end.

Cool